Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Ulduar is the most overrated raid in the game, to the point it's almost fashionable to say it's cool even if you don't really like it.

It was decent enough, but nothing too special. Turning hard modes by doing things in the fights is okay, but no idea why people act as if that's some kind of wonder mechanic. Just switching to hard mode works just as fine.
    what a load of bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    His initial claim that it was easy to do hardmodes is absolute nonsense by the way. Doing 0 Keepers Yogg Saron and/or doing Algalon very early was still extremely hard to be done by the top 50 hard core guilds and we're talking about a game that had MULTIPLE MILLIONS more players competing back then.

Anything that denies that is new players that never played back then at that level and cope with lies and delusion (e.g. they constantly claim the nonsense that in WotLK being in the top 50 best guilds in the world meant "extremely more noob players compared to now" which is a pure lie).
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Yes.... I'm a new player. How could you tell.
    So what you have an old forum account? A lot of people didn't play at a competitive level back then and don't understand the dynamics of the competition at the time.
    The people competing since mid-TBC were EXTREMELY high skilled on the top 50 and anyone calling them noobs use it to inflate their current progress.

15+ Year Old Account
    So what you have an old forum account? A lot of people didn't play at a competitive level back then and don't understand the dynamics of the competition at the time.
    The people competing since mid-TBC were EXTREMELY high skilled on the top 50 and anyone calling them noobs use it to inflate their current progress.
    Are you normally self defeating in life? By definition I can't be a new player with an old forum account.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Are you normally self defeating in life? By definition I can't be a new player with an old forum account.
    You didn't even put the effort to read 1 single letter from what you reply. I say being an old forum user proves nothing.
    Bring arguments instead of the authority fallacy.

15+ Year Old Account
    You didn't even put the effort to read 1 single letter from what you reply. I say being an old forum user proves nothing.
    Bring arguments instead of the authority fallacy.
    I read that you consider old players new. That's the fallacy.

I feel like people who praise ulduar are those that didn't do the buggy HM like firefighter or alone in the dark while current, never mind the annoying ones like saranite. It was a really good raid but it had its flaws.

I mean yea Ulduar is a good raid but i dont think is the best, I think BoD in bfa was one of the better ones because it had story, lots of major lore characters involved and some good boss fights and it even had different versions for each side something not done before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ulduar was great aesthetically and musically, but does everyone just ignore the black mark that was Vehicle combat? That whole section up to the first boss sucked ass. It would be number one for me if it wasn't for that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    You're going to be incredibly surprised at how easy the hardmodes are going to look in wotlk classic.
    And? The last few expansions have had some of the hardest fights ever and most of them are the least remembered.

Though full buffed Yogg-Saron at current content level was one of the hardest fights in WoW, when I talk to people it's one of the last fights they forget to mention. Everyone throws Mimiron and other fights up first when I talk to them about it.

I might actually play WoW again if they revert their design philosophy back to just making fun fights instead of trying to make them punishingly unforgiving.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Ulduar was great.

Also, pasta is the master food.

An older meme - less filling!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    I could go on and on but you raided in wotlk and on pservers so you're already well aware of how paper thin these mechanics are.
    Imagine. Playing on a private server and doing these fights over and over and over and over and over and over again for years after they were relevant.

Now throw away your pserver hardcore attitude and imagine it like the raid has been out for less than a month. It was really fucking fun, because it had such a huge diversity of mechanics and ways to do the fight that changed how the fight operated. There were easy, mid, and hardmodes for many of the fights as well.

Pro-tip: If you spent years of your life grinding out cata, mop, and legion raids, you'd see how "paper thin" and "uninspired" they are and think they were lame too because, you know, WoW raids aren't supposed to be repeated for years and years. Anything you do repeatedly for a long time is going to become monotonous.

People are throwing out there that other raids are their favorite, but from a beta 1 player I can tell you that nothing felt truly uniquely interesting after Ulduar, at least as far as interesting mechanics. It's just... normal boss mechanics, now with easy, medium, and hard settings that you click on in the UI.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    And? The last few expansions have had some of the hardest fights ever and most of them are the least remembered.

Though full buffed Yogg-Saron at current content level was one of the hardest fights in WoW, when I talk to people it's one of the last fights they forget to mention. Everyone throws Mimiron and other fights up first when I talk to them about it.

I might actually play WoW again if they revert their design philosophy back to just making fun fights instead of trying to make them punishingly unforgiving.
    you're saying that mimi hm and alone in the dark weren't punishingly unforgiving?
    Hm.

Ulduar had the best iteration of hard modes where it required interaction with the boss rather than just use a difficult slider. I always like to give games credit when they don't take me out of the experience and when they are smart enough to integrate certain features as part of the gameplay. One example are the Dead Space games where your screen is very much clean from any features (like a health and ammo bar). The way you could look at your health is that your suit was showing it in its back, and you could look up your ammo by just pulling out your gun and it shows it for you. Basically they help to make the game feel less ''game-y'' and more of an actual experience. Hard modes are the same way, your not pulling up a difficulty slider and the allows an additional experience to make their bosses more unique. I would love to see hard modes back, but Blizzard said something like it was too hard to keep adding them.