Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    If you read what i said again, i said there is nothing wrong with pride and a sense of unity, but once it becomes worse than that its a problem. I was not defending it at all, i was just saying this is a common thoughtprocess that occurs in tons of stuff outside of this WF race.
    Right and all I ever said was its pretty stupid. Even if it's common. Not a denial of ite exsistance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Kinda odd in my opinion that people actually want to join their split Raids to funnel Gear. I get it, it's sports and fans will support their team, but it seems more like a popularity contest to get more boosties in the runs.
    This (for me) gives an unfair advantage to those who don't have the means (or a big following on Twitch) to even participate.
    I signed up for whichever one gave the highest pay out.. Didn't get in, but hey, I was just in it for the money.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Kinda odd in my opinion that people actually want to join their split Raids to funnel Gear. I get it, it's sports and fans will support their team, but it seems more like a popularity contest to get more boosties in the runs.
    This (for me) gives an unfair advantage to those who don't have the means (or a big following on Twitch) to even participate.
    They are getting paid for each item traded. Nothing weird about that.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    The people trading gear don't necessarily do it for free, they are paid for every domination socketed item they trade if they loot it (I believe Echo pays 750k for each domination item traded?)

It also means a free carry for the people getting picked up because you know the boss is gonna fall, like HC Painsmith which seems to be a nightmare or when Echo/Limit/Method players are looking for specific items in M+.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    They are getting paid for each item traded. Nothing weird about that.
    I think he had a point even if that is true. SOME players are going to do it for free (or cheaper) so it will definitely funnel more items if you win a popularity contest.

To prove it go look at how Asmongold raids; he does noob content but the principle is same; his fanbois funnel him gear for free constantly so it can work.

When did it become "race to world first (RWF)" instead of "world first race (WFR)?" The latter is superior and what people always used to say, but the former has become the norm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    When did it become "race to world first (RWF)" instead of "world first race (WFR)?" The latter is superior and what people always used to say, but the former has become the norm.
    What?

First: How is it superior?

Second: Why the fuck is it a thing to call it superior? They're both the same damn thing.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

^the new version has more words, so it's for dumber people to get it; as gaming becomes more and more normie culture: it needs more normie phrases.

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    What?

First: How is it superior?

Second: Why the fuck is it a thing to call it superior? They're both the same damn thing.
    "World First Race" rolls off the tongue a lot better.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna disagree.

And leave it at that.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    blizz is gonna nerf Slyvanas hard if they see that the boss won't go down after 1 reset. And then it will be killed on a first day of week 3
    Hell following the low kill count the Heroic version will probably also be hammered with the nerfbat.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Eh, I can totally see an Antorus scenario playing out, where 9/10 bosses die the first day and then we spend 6 days on Sylvannas only to kill her super easy after reset. Would be underwhelming, but tis Blizzard we talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Hell following the low kill count the Heroic version will probably also be hammered with the nerfbat.
    It's nearly the same as Sire and Sire wasn't nerfed. The last HC boss being on pair with the easy mythic bosses had always been the case. I expect bug fixes and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Popsickle View Post
    I’m talking about no streaming on Saturday when they did their H Sylv kills.
    its because they were discussing the mythic strat during

Some really humorous takes in this thread, thank you.

90% of the posts in this thread are baiting responses and 100% of them are successful

MMO-Champ posters are built different (in a bad way)

so im guessing 4 hours of maintenance and at least 2 bugged bosses tomorrow

but yeah US and our 16 hour head start there eh bois

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    It's nearly the same as Sire and Sire wasn't nerfed. The last HC boss being on pair with the easy mythic bosses had always been the case. I expect bug fixes and that's it.
    a big reason why players are skipping it is exactly this
    bugs and odd tuning

its not worth sitting through half the fight just to get one shot because of a bug

Looking forward to things getting underway Rooting for a crazy upset, but I'd settle for a tight & fun to watch race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    I expect Heroic Painsmith to be hit with the nerfhammer. Pun intended.
    What's heroic like ? Our guild is new and we only raid 6 hours a week. We went 7/10 this week in normal and are hoping to clear it after the reset since supposedly Painsmith is the hardest fight, then we'll switch to Heroic provided people are geared enough. During a break someone shared a stat about how many deaths were reported (I assume via WoL) and the highest was Painsmith at 100k, the second highest was Sylv at 20k.

Anyways, I'm stuck at home for a few months due to a health issue and I can't wait to have the mythic race running on a secondary display 24/7. I'll be watching Ftbubbler from Limit.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2021-07-13 at 09:11 AM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by MechanoDruid View Post
    Don't worry, Echo will catch up when Limit is stuck on a bugged boss, kill it after bug fix that will come late evening US time, then will be stuck on next bugged boss while Limit is sleeping. And so on.

Then one of guilds will spend entire day attempting bugged boss, while other will do split runs while watching streams of bugged boss being bugged. Someone has to progress boss because they never know when bug will get fixed, while others can chill.

Bugs will even out all head starts.
    If limit plays smart and doesn’t make the same mistakes they did in some of the BfA races then they will slaughter the competition

Its a subjective thing but, no, no it doesn't.

Welcome to the World First Race vs Welcome to the Race to World First.
    The second flows better and sounds more natural.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    so im guessing 4 hours of maintenance and at least 2 bugged bosses tomorrow

but yeah US and our 16 hour head start there eh bois
    This topic has been done to death but I guess it still needs reiterating. The headstart is not an advantage on week 1, and anyone who thinks it is doesn't watch the race. The only time its going to be a problem is if the final boss is a dps check and a US guild reclear week 2 and beat it before the eu servers come up.

Hope it doesn't happen as it would be a shame but I wonder if enough people would kick up a fuss that it would make Blizz rethink global release. Wishful thinking I know.