Thread: Reality's end.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    No,because when Zovaal will do it, there will be someone on our side ( Anduin ? Sylvanas? ) that'll hijack his plan and remake reality in favor of Mortals ( bringing back fallen heroes? ) , in a limited span ofc, and it will depower Zovaal at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    When I think about good villains, I like to imagine what they would do after they succeed. If you have a clear image of what they would do, the villain is good.

Zooval... we literally don't even know if he would leave the Maw, if he would rule everything, ... nothing. Some villains even plan to do nothing (Thanos) and you still have a better idea of what's going on with them. I can literally imagine waking up in the morning and painting pictures of the scenery, before an afternoon nap. Zooval on the other hand, I have no idea.
    We know what zooval will do though... his home was titan he had predicted that overpopulation would lead to a mass extinction even once the shadowlands ran out of anima. The other's exiled him over his plan and now he needs to seek out the infinity gems...I mean first one seals to destroy half of all life in the universe to balance out life and death.

They are copying someone elses homework so hard it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Berri View Post
    Zovaal will get stomped, reality will not end, and the next expansion will feature the next cosmic baddie that wants to unravel everything. Rinse and repeat until at some point we kill the first ones and it turns out there's something beyond the cosmic forces that is also big bad / not good. Possibility for a random "back to Azeroth where we need to fight bears or murlocs or whatever because everyone is sick of anime" somewhere in-between.
    Honestly wouldn't even mind a more grounded expansion but I can't see it happening. I'm just kind of over gigantic cosmic scale issues, it's hard to write compelling villains on this scale too and Blizzard certainly doesn't have the ability to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Honestly wouldn't even mind a more grounded expansion but I can't see it happening. I'm just kind of over gigantic cosmic scale issues, it's hard to write compelling villains on this scale too and Blizzard certainly doesn't have the ability to do so.
    I agree, on both points lol. Kinda wonder what percent of playerbase is really into whole cosmic scale threats. Seen quite a lot of voices stating they would prefer more down to earth "worlds issues" rather than "space lazor cataclysms".

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    Meanwhile in Final Fantasy you are the Warrior of Light, simply because you logged into ARR.
    No spoilers please, but afaik and played even we are becoming an anime MC the storytelling suits it, which is quite different than wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Regarding the people quoting me about "but in FF you are a warrior of light"

I know but FF structure is clearly a Single Player with MMO elements, which isnt the case of WoW, that is the issue with Lore/Storytelling, FF has basically a "story mode" meanwhile WoW lore is scattered everywhere, you need to buy the book, the novel then wait the cinematic etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    He is just a discount thanos without an actual semi sane motive. You have to understand blizzard is just copying what was popular without the chops to actually pull the theme off.
    All of their lore is literally copied, it's nothing new.

Pantheon are literally the gods of the greeks, Aman'thul is zeus... Sargeras is either Ares or Hades but then they reused the exact same script in Shadowlands with Zovaal being hades...imprisoned in the underworld by his family and forced to manage it like what zeus did to hades. Except he has the plan/goals of Thanos from Avengers

WOTLK/Legion is literally Norse mythology.... Thorim is thor... Odyn is Odin... Valkryie... ect

Khadgar is basically merlin

Old gods are based off lovecraft

They even took ideas from LOTR. The dragon soul is the one ring if you think about, Neltharion... tricked the other aspects into putting their power into the dragonsoul and then used it to control them, Sauron tricked the races into taking the rings and then used his one ring to control them(The humans anyways)

You get the point, they really don't come up with their own shit. Which is probably why the story is so bad, they're running out of material they can copy.
    Last edited by OokOok; 2021-07-12 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    BfA was the grounded "war" expansion. Everyone saw N'zoth coming a mile away, but other than that, it was marketed as "you've survived every danger, now you'll have to survive each other".

Well, the pirates were fun, I guess.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    I agree, on both points lol. Kinda wonder what percent of playerbase is really into whole cosmic scale threats. Seen quite a lot of voices stating they would prefer more down to earth "worlds issues" rather than "space lazor cataclysms".
    Legion (and BC, since it is a thing again) imo had more than enough Starcraft-like space/cosmic BS. More than that, and it's already overkill.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Vanilla 2.0 is coming in 10.0 that is whats up.
    And i love the idea.
    I'd say BFA was vanilla 2.0 Right now is WotLK 2.0 TBC 2.0 was Legion so up next is Cata 2.0

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Vanilla 2.0 is coming in 10.0 that is whats up.
    And i love the idea.
    What leads you to this particular conclusion? Honest question, because I'd love to see something like it, especially when it comes to endgame systems (or rather lack thereof)... But I really doubt we will see anything like it with Ion at the helm.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    I'd say BFA was vanilla 2.0 Right now is WotLK 2.0 TBC 2.0 was Legion so up next is Cata 2.0
    i think you are just seeing patterns where there are non

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    What leads you to this particular conclusion? Honest question, because I'd love to see something like it, especially when it comes to endgame systems (or rather lack thereof)... But I really doubt we will see anything like it with Ion at the helm.
    oh boy... yesh. ah yeah, don't see it happening anytime soon. the only thing that "could" even a little suggest that is that they gathered and have a lot of ready to use assets for rebuilding the world, as opposed to vanilla or even cata times where they had to use a lot of "ou of place" models to fill the world, and that's only that.
    Last edited by FAILoZOFF; 2021-07-14 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    He is just a discount thanos without an actual semi sane motive. You have to understand blizzard is just copying what was popular without the chops to actually pull the theme off.
    imagine if this was the case though,

and Zovaal did the snap, and legit 50% of peoples playable characters got deleted,

at RANDOM,

would be fucking hilarious.

oh and unretrievable till the end of the next expac, when we un snap it.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Real pl0t twist: What if "Reality's End' is a Blizz employee's subltle but open nod towards fans to let them know that this project is coming to an end? I mean, there must be some people in there still caring but at the same time very conscious about the state of this game's lore and gameplay as well as overall companys handling?

5+ Year Old Account
    Is actually Zovaal able to use a portal of The First Ones to travel to the Titan World and resurrect Argus?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Is actually Zovaal able to use a portal of The First Ones to travel to the Titan World and resurrect Argus?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    Real pl0t twist: What if "Reality's End' is a Blizz employee's subltle but open nod towards fans to let them know that this project is coming to an end? I mean, there must be some people in there still caring but at the same time very conscious about the state of this game's lore and gameplay as well as overall companys handling?
    Blizzard's numerous failings aside, they've said repeatedly that they have no intentions to wind down or end development on the game so long as it continues pulling a profit, and even though it's been bleeding players for the better end of a decade now, it's still printing money for the company.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Zovaal will get stomped, reality will not end, and the next expansion will feature the next cosmic baddie that wants to unravel everything. Rinse and repeat until at some point we kill the first ones and it turns out there's something beyond the cosmic forces that is also big bad / not good. Possibility for a random "back to Azeroth where we need to fight bears or murlocs or whatever because everyone is sick of anime" somewhere in-between.
    Exactly hah.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a 27 years old franchise, that's how it is and I really can't blame Blizzard for this. There must always be a Li... an immediate threat to keep the game going.

Blizz can't really put out "all is swell and everyone is happy, go pick some flowers and bash some Hoggers" expansion, because that shit would tank so hard it would make WoD look amazing.

So yes, they are now going whole cosmology chart thing, because they can milk another 10 years of expansions and billions of $$ out of it alone. And yes the First Ones are ultimately going to be Titans 2.0 of Vanilla where we we thought they were the ultimate giga gods and ended up being just ones of several other equally ballsy forces.

So yes, we will muck around "The First Ones" for good few more years longer, until we ultimately find out that there were "The First-er Ones" and Void Lords are just vassals of Void Gods and in the end the real threat was not Void Gods, but Life Lords etc etc.

And frankly it's not Blizzard issue, it's just natural progression. After all 27 years ago when Warcraft 1 was released nobody in their right mind would ever assume that's going to be billions dollars franchise that will spawn many games, books, movie and what not.

Same goes for Warcraft 3 and even WoW. People who made WoW did not even think the bloody thing will last 17 years and pumping, they did not prepare 17 years of lore for it with careful plan on each and every step - they had like 5 years maaaaybe 10 planned out and heck times change. So yeah they ran out of stuff they had prepped and eventually we got to MoP where they had to start actually standing on their own feet instead of leeching from that box of old ideas and established lore they had.

It was inevitable and I understand that.

You have to consider that none of the expansion have ever not had a final boss whose victory wouldn't end in the end of the world. The closest we have gotten was Garrosh, whose victory would most likely mean just world domination, beyond that the usual final boss means the end of the world on a planetary scale.

Besides, going down to a smaller scale works pretty often all things considered. Both Legion and BfA had levelling zones where the issue was smaller and more local, where we were unknowns more often than not, and where quests was more generic adventurer stuff.
    The issue has always been staying that way, which is an issue that isn't really straightforward to avoid. Even vanilla had raids where losing would doom us all.
    The world revamp dream will never die!