Thread: Genshin Impact

The English voice acting is honestly really good. Which is surprising because I normally wouldn't expect this kind of game to even offer the option.

I'm not in an english speaking country, even if I can understand it fine enough in oral, I prefer it in written form
    and I'm so used to japan animations, and their voice actors, who are the sames used in this game. so I'm more comfortable for jap voices than english ones.
    and some english VA make me cringe so much I can't even watch some streamers on twitch with those on, when I'm not playing myself ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    People use english in anime game?
    Enough people apparently prefer English to justify the cost of paying for an English dub. It might also surprise you to learn that Genshin's popularity is such that it's even drawn the attention of folks who don't normally watch anime or play anime-style games.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    The English voice acting is honestly really good. Which is surprising because I normally wouldn't expect this kind of game to even offer the option.
    At times, it's even better than the voice acting in certain AAA Western games. I'm still impressed they went through so much effort to make sure the pronunciation of stuff stays consistent across multiple characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    Wait...the voice actor for the chibi Ninja anemo claymore user...is Lily Pichu from Offline TV?

Thats kinda hilarious Brings me a smile
    The quest where you get the Serenitea pot and that introduces Yanfei also apparently featured a Youtuber. He played the Snezhnayan merchant that was supposedly selling smaragdus jadeite.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    I know the game is a Chinese made mobile one, but it's not one of the dime a dozen no effort IP knock off games most other mobile games seem to be. Genshin Impact is a billion dollar IP with some serious production value backing it. Of course it's going to have a dub. From a business perspective dubbing a game likely gives one of the highest return on investments out of anything else put into the game. Just hire some English VAs and bam, you've just expanded your potential market to millions and millions of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    The quest where you get the Serenitea pot and that introduces Yanfei also apparently featured a Youtuber. He played the Snezhnayan merchant that was supposedly selling smaragdus jadeite.
    Was that Sungwon Cho, aka ProZD? He's voiced in a few anime as well. I only know him as the cat thing that leads the main city in Radiant.

Also to note, LilyPichu also had a main role in D4DJ recently. She was pretty good. The main cast was all good except the weird decision to have the Japanese voice actor play her same role in the dub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I'm at 2 pulls from soft pity with 100% ayaka
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

As unfortunate as Genshin not having a ton of content, the sheer value and quality of the game is like the new benchmark for games. The amount of hours and fun I've gotten from leveling up characters and exploring and unlocking things has been a blast. Even though I'm on maintenance mode for the most part. I struggle with trying new games because if they're not this level of polish I'm just not that interested.

I'm probably skipping until Raiden Mei, assuming she's in the next 2 banners after Ayaka/Yoimiya. Already got Eula and Hu Tao, so there's zero reason for me to pull for them, even if Ayaka has high waifu value. Same goes for Sayu, since I already have Jean. The only character that may pull me away from Mei is Kokomi, but she's rumoured to be 4*, so they may even be on the same banner. I definitely need a new hydro more than electro, since I already have Fischl and Baedou (+ unlevelled Keqing) and electro MC is also looking to be strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I'm probably skipping until Raiden Mei, assuming she's in the next 2 banners after Ayaka/Yoimiya. Already got Eula and Hu Tao, so there's zero reason for me to pull for them, even if Ayaka has high waifu value. Same goes for Sayu, since I already have Jean. The only character that may pull me away from Mei is Kokomi, but she's rumoured to be 4*, so they may even be on the same banner. I definitely need a new hydro more than electro, since I already have Fischl and Baedou (+ unlevelled Keqing) and electro MC is also looking to be strong.
    Wait for leaks

- - - Updated - - -

Ayaka banner will have:
    Chungus
    Ningguang
    Yanfei

https://yt3.ggpht.com/vzeFXb4QJ5oUmY...WxwfPU=s521-nd

Wait for leaks

- - - Updated - - -

Ayaka banner will have:
    Chungus
    Ningguang
    Yanfei

https://yt3.ggpht.com/vzeFXb4QJ5oUmY...WxwfPU=s521-nd
    Tried yanfei just now for today's challenge (Hu Tao - Zhong - Yanfei - Diona), managed a 1.9k in 2 attempts, i have her at lv80 not ascended C3 with 4x wanderer but all artifcts are still at 0 and talents are about 4-7-5 (including constellation bonus), weapon is dodoco R5 lv 60 but i have seen some good dmg numbers, so would be good to have c6, haven't really used ningg that much and as for chongyun he's only good for liyue missions
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a good group for Ayaka's banner if true. Ninngguang is super rare, Yan Fei is new and therefore probably not common either. Tempted to roll to get some constellations for her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    That's a good group for Ayaka's banner if true. Ninngguang is super rare, Yan Fei is new and therefore probably not common either. Tempted to roll to get some constellations for her.
    You wont like the new weapon banner:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E6E6UiKX...name=4096x4096

I got the damn polearm on normal banner and i cant use it .....

You wont like the new weapon banner:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E6E6UiKX...name=4096x4096

I got the damn polearm on normal banner and i cant use it .....
    I use on zhongli, and btw...

Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Was that Sungwon Cho, aka ProZD? He's voiced in a few anime as well. I only know him as the cat thing that leads the main city in Radiant.

He also voiced FL4K in BL3, didn't he?
    I was so suprised to hear his voice because I didn't expect it... or am I imagining things?

His "Archibald" voice is very recognizeable, so I doubt I'm wrong, but who knows!

So I was bored and did abyss last night after not touching the game for months...I have a question. Breaking shields is based on # of hits and the amount of damage is irrelevant right?

Pretty much, yes.

Some abilities remove significantly more than others, mostly Bursts>Elemental Skills

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Pretty much, yes.

Some abilities remove significantly more than others, mostly Bursts>Elemental Skills
    I've been trying to get 3 star on 12-3 and I was able to get first half done in just over a minute. However, my 2nd team for 2nd half is way weaker and I used childe to quickly break the pyro abyss mage shield but I don't have anyone to break the cryo one quickly...was thinking of trying with klee just for the quick pyro hits. I got the lector/herald covered.

Cryo and Fire Abyss Mage shields basically get destroyed by electro as well.
    So use C6Fischl/Beidou if you have that... or a support like Bennett gets it done with E+Q+E as well.
    Or if you have Venti, that will probably work too due to how they get sucked up by the tornado and the swirl will react with the shields and the pyro abyss mage will do the work for you.

I don't think you can get much time there.
    These shields are usually done in like 3-4 seconds, aren't they?

What's the team looking like?
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-07-12 at 08:42 PM.

ok well when i say i got lector and herald covered....i am "breaking" their shield with pyro and cryo attacks respectively. Not sure how else to get 3 star other than just obliterating the mages in 2 seconds or completely changing up my sets to cheese the lector/herald which i'm not going to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, if I just focus the herald and lector, will the mages come to me? If so, I can try to do a xiao comp on 2nd team. ok just tried it, they didn't really group up.