Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Umm did you miss the entire other part of the things he said about cuba on purpose?

"We stand with the Cuban people and their clarion call for freedom and relief from the tragic grip of the pandemic and from the decades of repression and economic suffering to which they have been subjected by Cuba's authoritarian regime," Biden said in a statement.

"The Cuban people are bravely asserting fundamental and universal rights. Those rights, including the right of peaceful protest and the right to freely determine their own future, must be respected. The United States calls on the Cuban regime to hear their people and serve their needs at this vital moment rather than enriching themselves."

Oh right after 4 years of that man child you think the official word comes from a limited twitter character posting.....

Meanwhile Biden keeps the blockade in place, he has no right to say anything about this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Yeah don't really care to get into that bullshit America's version of right vs left wing vs the world scale of right vs left. At this point even you have to know that's just a distraction/idiotic semantics argument that doesn't help your own arguments and irrelevant to your or my opinion on the subject.
    This has nothing to do with left vs right, but his media choices being anti-Cuba on all fronts.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    This has nothing to do with left vs right, but his media choices being anti-Cuba on all fronts.

Im pretty sure its exactly the right-wing media that keeps manufacturing consent on anything related to Cuba.
    Might want to check your own phrasing then if you want people to understand what you're going on about. And combine that with reading what I actually wrote.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Meanwhile Biden keeps the blockade in place, he has no right to say anything about this.

Because maybe nothing has yet changed outside of protest.... ?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Might want to check your own phrasing then if you want people to understand what you're going on about. And combine that with reading what I actually wrote.
    What what was wrong with that statement? Or is it not the right-wing media that is always anti Cuba?
    Try following your own advice for once.

But whatever, your bullshit aint worth my time, putting you on ignore.
    - - - Updated - - -

Because maybe nothing has yet changed outside of protest.... ?
    You understand that an island nation under blockade by the US has no chance in hell of every not been dirt poor, right?

Cuba is in its current state all thanks to the US, who clearly have no problems with letting the Cubans suffer as much as possible.
    All that, just because those ghouls want another puppet state in the Caribbean?

Not to mention how Gitmo is more horrible than anything going on in modern Cuba.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2021-07-12 at 08:53 PM.

Umm did you miss the entire other part of the things he said about cuba on purpose?

"We stand with the Cuban people and their clarion call for freedom and relief from the tragic grip of the pandemic and from the decades of repression and economic suffering to which they have been subjected by Cuba's authoritarian regime," Biden said in a statement.

"The Cuban people are bravely asserting fundamental and universal rights. Those rights, including the right of peaceful protest and the right to freely determine their own future, must be respected. The United States calls on the Cuban regime to hear their people and serve their needs at this vital moment rather than enriching themselves."

Oh right after 4 years of that man child you think the official word comes from a limited twitter character posting.....
    Julie Chung is a he now? Please show me where I quoted anyone from the administration besides the secratary. The sevcratary responded and it was so obtuse they had to get something else out. And you posting things said after the backlash...bravo......... You really "got me"

The best part of these posts is, I can't see any of them because I blocked so many people who bring Trump in to every argument because they literally have nothing. Everything they say has to do with Trump. He is living rent free in their heads and they STILL CAN'T LET GO OF HIM. You can keep posting about Trump and trolling me, but I won't see it. Meanwhile, ignoring stuff happening seems to be your forte.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Are you thinking you did something here? Obama began opening relations with Cuba, Trump removed those relations. BLAME TRUMP, not Biden or Obama.
    blame Trump for people in Cuba wanting freedom and waving American flags? okay?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    "We are going through really difficult times," Miranda Lazara, 53, a dance teacher, who joined the thousands of protesters who marched through Havana. "We need a change of system."

HAVANA, July 11 (Reuters) - Chanting "freedom" and calling for President Miguel Diaz-Canel to step down, thousands of Cubans joined street protests from Havana to Santiago on Sunday in the biggest anti-government demonstrations on the Communist-run island in decades.

The protests erupted amid Cuba's worst economic crisis since the fall of the Soviet Union, its old ally, and a record surge in coronavirus infections, with people voicing anger over shortages of basic goods, curbs on civil liberties and the authorities' handling of the pandemic.

Thousands took to the streets in various parts of Havana including the historic centre, their shouts of “Diaz-Canel step down” drowning out groups of government supporters waving the Cuban flag and chanting "Fidel."

Special forces jeeps, with machine guns mounted on the back were seen throughout the capital and the police presence was heavy even long after most protesters had gone home by the 9 p.m. curfew in place due to the pandemic.

"We are going through really difficult times," Miranda Lazara, 53, a dance teacher, who joined the thousands of protesters who marched through Havana. "We need a change of system."

Diaz-Canel, who also heads the Communist Party, blamed the unrest on old Cold War foe the United States, which in recent years tightened its decades-old trade embargo on the island, in a televised speech on Sunday afternoon.

Diaz-Canel said many protesters were sincere but manipulated by U.S.-orchestrated social media campaigns and “mercenaries” on the ground, and warned that further “provocations” would not be tolerated, calling on supporters to confront “provocations."

The president was due to make another address to the nation at 9 a.m. on Monday, according to state-run media.

Julie Chung, acting undersecretary of the U.S. State Department's Office of Western Hemisphere Affairs, said it was deeply concerned by “calls to combat” in Cuba and stood by the Cuban people’s right for peaceful assembly."

Reuters witnesses in Havana protests saw security forces, aided by suspected plain clothes officers, arrest about two dozen protesters. Police used pepper spray and hit some protesters as well as a photographer working for the Associated Press.

In one area of Havana, protesters took out their anger on an empty police car, rolling it over and then throwing stones at it. Elsewhere, they chanted "repressors" at riot police.

Some protesters said they went on to the streets to join in after seeing what was happening on social media, which has become an increasingly important factor since the introduction of mobile internet two and a half years ago, although connections were patchy on Sunday.

NATIONWIDE PROTESTS

People shout slogans against the government during a protest against and in support of the government, amidst the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak, in Havana, Cuba July 11, 2021.
    The Caribbean island nation of 11 million inhabitants where public dissident is usually restricted has seen a growing number of protests over the past year although nothing on this scale or simultaneously in so many cities.

The anti-government demonstrations were the largest since the summer of 1994, said Michael Bustamante, an assistant professor of Latin American history at Florida International University.

"Only now, they weren't limited to the capital; they didn't even start there, it seems," he said.
    Yep, just vaccines, nothing else. Your article was great in finding out it is just vaccines
    Last edited by TexasRules; 2021-07-12 at 09:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    You're article was great in finding out it is just vaccines
    *Your, and the only person suggesting it's "just vaccines" is you.

Irony. But also a really fuckin' lazy strawman, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I know the OP usually abandons his threads or posts immediately after flinging them haphazardly into existence, but I do have to wonder if it's ever dawned on him how laughably hypocritical pretty much everything he posts is.

Maybe that's why he never bothers responding.
    I dont get to respond because people report me for not being a liberal and I get banned. You should know, you report me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Julie Chung is a he now? Please show me where I quoted anyone from the administration besides the secratary. The sevcratary responded and it was so obtuse they had to get something else out. And you posting things said after the backlash...bravo......... You really "got me"

The best part of these posts is, I can't see any of them because I blocked so many people who bring Trump in to every argument because they literally have nothing. Everything they say has to do with Trump. He is living rent free in their heads and they STILL CAN'T LET GO OF HIM. You can keep posting about Trump and trolling me, but I won't see it. Meanwhile, ignoring stuff happening seems to be your forte.

- - - Updated - - -

blame Trump for people in Cuba wanting freedom and waving American flags? okay?

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, just vaccines, nothing else. You're article was great in finding out it is just vaccines
    The majority of Cubans still oppose the US,and always will as long it stays in its current state.

But you keep on thinking Biden is somehow not anti-cuba and will not support the pro-american minority of Cuba. I need a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Texasrules is bitching about the Biden administration with lots of misinformation to make it seem way worse than it actually is?

Oh man, I knew I read these forums for hot and engaging content.

/s
    please quote my misinformation when i link directly from a Washington post article and the twitter of a government secretary. Please indulge me with my misinformation, what exactly did i link that was incorrect?

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont get to respond because people report me for not being a liberal and I get banned. You should know, you report me.
    Oh here it is, the victim complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    *Your, and the only person suggesting it's "just vaccines" is you.

Irony. But also a really fuckin' lazy strawman, lol.
    So when the secretary tweeted the unrest was over vaccines and said nothing about freedom or food it becomes a lazy strawman created by me? I wish i lived in your democrat party affiliated filter. I can discern this information just by changing what a government official actually said.

- - - Updated - - -

The majority of Cubans still oppose the US,and always will as long it stays in its current state.

But you keep on thinking Biden is somehow not anti-cuba and will not support the pro-american minority of Cuba. I need a good laugh.
    For some reason the Cubans that come here seem to really like it. I have no idea what Biden supports, have to ask his advisors who will tell him what to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually I don’t report people for doing anything but massively derailing topics. Which, because you so rarely ever return to topics you drive-by post in, means I probably haven’t ever really reported you.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    S

For some reason the Cubans that come here seem to really like it. I have no idea what Biden supports, have to ask his advisors who will tell him what to say.
    For some reason a lot of them where from rich families who owned plantations or they supported Batista, yeah I really wonder why they would be opposed to the pro-Castro majority at the time.

If Biden is following his advisors advice, it means he supports those views... Which the exact treatment you want of Cuba. Unless you want the US to invade or something even more insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    So when the secretary tweeted the unrest was over vaccines
    They did not, they tweeted it was over Cuba's management of the pandemic including poor vaccine access.

It's a simplification but it's neither wrong nor claiming that the protests are entirely about vaccines. Stop being dishonest.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Oh here it is, the victim complex.
    I am not a victim, i get banned for doing something other people do not. Cubby always says my name as Texaslies, I once called him chubby instead and got banned for it. That is literally what I got banned for. I am not a victim, but as a minority here, I often get reported to censor me so that they can keep up their narratives. It's why you have a Trump thread for a guy who has been out of office for over half a year....they need a demon to talk about on a regular basis. That guy lives rent free int heir heads....I bet they think about him every day. Every day they torture themselves and say mean things just to try and make their lives more bearable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not a victim, i get banned for doing something other people do not. Cubby always says my name as Texaslies, I once called him chubby instead and got banned for it. That is literally what I got banned for. I am not a victim, but as a minority here, I often get reported to censor me so that they can keep up their narratives. It's why you have a Trump thread for a guy who has been out of office for over half a year....they need a demon to talk about on a regular basis. That guy lives rent free int heir heads....I bet they think about him every day. Every day they torture themselves and say mean things just to try and make their lives more bearable.

I always love it when somebody who supports the oppression, real oppression, are so salty about getting banned from internet forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    They did not, they tweeted it was over Cuba's management of the pandemic including poor vaccine access.

It's a simplification but it's neither wrong nor claiming that the protests are entirely about vaccines. Stop being dishonest.
    you said I created a strawman. I simply put up what the administration's representative said. I did not change it, i did not alter it, i did not take it out of context. I put the entire quote up. At no point did they change this until a huge backlash hit them from both parties. The protests at most cities are not about the vaccine but specifically food and medicine, most reports do not even mention the vaccines. And chants of freedom have exactly what to do with the vaccines? Show me how I am being dishonest. They made a broader statement to include everything today because they realized they were tone deaf and nobody liked what they said. I think you're the one being dishonest.

10+ Year Old Account
    you said I created a strawman. I simply put up what the administration's representative said. I did not change it, i did not alter it, i did not take it out of context. I put the entire quote up.
    And then proceeded to deliberately misinterpret it to service said dumb strawman. We know.

The protests at most cities are not about the vaccine but specifically food and medicine
    Vaccines aren't medicine, y'all. You heard it here first.

They made a broader statement to include everything today because they realized they were tone deaf and nobody liked what they said
    Which I acknowledged by pointing out it's a simplification.

I always love it when somebody who supports the oppression, real oppression, are so salty about getting banned from internet forums.
    Not salty about it. I defended myself when you called me a victim. I am not part of the democratic party or their embracing of victim hood as a platform. Oh no, I got banned from a forum where 98% think about Trump on a daily basis to make their lives miserable and then blame him for everything that has ever happened. Then when you ask why they don't post stuff like this, you get "well create your own post, I need to whine in the Trump thread". You post almost 11 times a day here, I come here once every other month to ruffle feathers with things people don't see because it's not on the hufpost. average 11 times a day, you're a saint here.