Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    That would be even worse than the whole Twilight saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Elune already made an exception not to kill her despite all this.

That's the writers hinting that they even want Elune to spare Sylvanas' life. So yeah, it's very stupid, but it's already deemed 'lore'.
    At what part of Elune favoring Tyrande for like, hundreds of years and refusing to take Tyrandes life made you think it was about sparing Sylvanas?

Yep. It's as stupid as it sounds.

In an attempt to reply to someone with an example of how bad Sylvanas' story could get, I came to the conclusion of the worst possible story progression I could think of.. something the writers would be stupid enough to do and be proud of... something that would make Sylvanas a total badass for future generations... something that would make her fans scream with childish glee at how brilliant the writers are.....

Sylvanas the Night Warrior.

It's was an idea so stupid to me that just thinking about it... made sense. And I feel compelled to share this sanity-shattering theory.

Let's consider that from the Writers perspective that:

- Sylvanas is defeated, and the writers would want her character to be redeemed
    - Sylvanas needs to be made sympathetic and heroic. Thus, a move towards penance and atonement for her 'sins'.
    - As a part of redeeming her character, she needs to resolve her atrocities to the Night Elves and resolve the conflict with Tyrande
    - She needs to continue to be a badass Mary Sue with crazy powers, cuz the writers love her so much

And what about the Night Warrior lore? We've gotten all this stuff about Tyrande, and in 9.1 she gives up her powers. What gives?
    - Tyrande introduces everyone to the concept of the Night Warrior, Elune's Warrior Aspect
    - Night Warrior is total rule-of-cool material. Super powers at the risk of your life, blessed powers from a divine figure, etc
    - Night Warriors can come in any race and form. Not exclusive to Night Elves.

And as the theory goes....

Sylvanas seeks to redeem herself by atoning for her sins and what she did to Teldrassil. Tyrande confronts Sylvanas, but not with hatred and vengeance since she's back to her 'High Priestess' self, but with compassion and understanding. They reach some agreement and Sylvanas chooses to atone by fighting Zovaal in the name of Elune.

Sylvanas continues to be a badass super powered redeemed hero. She embodies the will to fight and sacrifice and have purpose again in her life. And the one thing that will have all Sylvanas fans praising the writers for - it's all going to be considered hinted at in the lore since Elune willingly spares Sylvanas' life and does not allow Night Warrior Tyrande to land the killing blow, because it was ELUNE'S WILL that chose Sylvanas to be redeemed as her Warrior Aspect.

Fucked up, right?
    perfectly stupid Danuser material.

+10 for that.

but: its not „simple“ enough for current writing. its a somewhat „genius“ form of being stupid. blizzards writers are more of the „stupid“ form of being stupid. if you know what i mean.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    All you people are amusing with your hate; but than turn around and try to say you have good ideas and can fix it when yours is worst.
    sarcasm and cynism are not one of your top skills, am i right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    At what part of Elune favoring Tyrande for like, hundreds of years and refusing to take Tyrandes life made you think it was about sparing Sylvanas?
    The writers loving Sylvanas more than Tyrande

Thus the obvious plot armor in the face a moment where Tyrande can absolutely kill Sylvanas, even without having to sacrifice herself to do so. Cuz literally the writers can just write it that way if they wanted, right? Does Tyrande have to die in order for her to kill Sylvanas? No. But the writers are telling you that Elune is 'sparing Tyrande's life' even though it was Elune that granted her the power to *sacrifice her life for the sake of embodying the Night Warrior* in the first place.

The way the writers have written the events so far, it's basically Elune saying 'Oh I'll let you use Night Warrior powers. And you can go ahead and kill Nathanos the mook. Oh but Sylvanas? No, leave her. I have further plans for her. Your job is done here'.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-07-12 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    That sounds fucking awful

So im sure it has a chance of happening this expansion
    know whats the real tragedy here? Blizz and Danuser WILL come up with something even MORE awful. nobody knows how this is possible, but it will happen.

- - - Updated - - -

you forgot to mention:

- red eyes
    - blue eyes
    - big boobs

and maybe

- hot
    - badass

Fine with me. Still the only really cool character in wow so im game with here staying relevant

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    That would be maximum offense on Tyrande
    that is the only good thing about the idea

But it should also be obvious that the writers aren't carrying through the story in a *sensible* way otherwise Tyrande would just kill Sylvanas, as would be expected of a Night Warrior who is already empowered by Elune and granted the gift.
    They are saving her for later. Otherwise, we wouldn't be able to fight her in the Sanctum of Domination and she wouldn't be able to receive her soul back.

That Sylvanas refers to any dying bargain does not mean the writers wouldn't intend Elune to spare Sylvanas for the sake of becoming her redeemed champion, willing to sacrifice to fight and defeat Zovaal.
    This is you just purposefully ignoring text for the sake of your own vision.

You really think the writers are going to have her go back into Night Warrior mode? After we know Sylvanas is heading towards a redemption arc? Who are you kidding here?
    Yes, of course i am. They didn't make this whole Tyrande Night Warrior thing just to drop it an expansion later. Besides, i don't think she even changes models.

Correction. Embodied.

Tyrande is not a Night Warrior after 9.1. They literally gave her an intervention. You really expect her to relapse into such a dangerous position after Elune already *doesn't* want Tyrande going full sacrifice mode? That was the whole point of having Tyrande *not* embody the Night Warrior to the point of self-sacrificing.
    That intervention was for anger management, not suicidal tendencies.

Which means the story could be indicating *someone else who is in a position to sacrifice themselves* taking up that mantle.
    Why does someone have to sacrifice himself? it's not a suicide bomber class.

I'm not even making a point that I want this stupid shit to happen. I'm literally pointing out how much sense it actually makes once you really think about where the story is heading. Cuz if Elune really wants Tyrande to be Night Warrior, then there's no reason she would *INTERVENE* to bring her back to normal. The story could have just kept Tyrande in Night Warrior mode through the entirity of Shadowlands.
    This is part of Blizzard's current writing about forsaking anger and animosity for the sake of global friendship.

I see no other purpose the writers would have put this here if not to intentionally leave the Night Warrior mantle open for someone else to take up. And the Night Warrior story arc certainly isn't going to continue centering on some rando unimportant character like the Stonewright or Khaliiq. And if the writers wanted that position continue to be represented by Tyrande, then what is the purpose of *redeeming* her to normal? Your explanation actually doesn't make sense from a writers point of view, because they could have just as easily have Tyrande continue to be a Night Warrior in 9.1 and no one would assume that 'she used up so much power that she totally needed an intervention!'.
    The only reason i can see Sylvanas becoming the Night Warrior is to introduce a PotM/Dark Ranger class.

Your job is done here'.
    Who said her job is done?
    Maybe she will go through a training with the other Night Warriors to better control her powers?

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Who said her job is done?
    The writers are.

Pay attention!

Maybe she will go through a training with the other Night Warriors to better control her powers?
    Sure, and the writers wouldn't have to make an intervention scene and revert her powers to show Tyrande training with other Night Warriors.

That's not what happened in 9.1.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-07-12 at 10:15 PM.

Fucked up, right?
    You forgot the most important part of the story!

Using the newfound powers of the Night Warrior/Elune bestowed upon her combined with the powers she had been using from the Jailer, she's able to bring everybody back to life from the burning of Teldressil and ALSO recreate the tree with a cooler, updated model. Then she flies into space to fight against the Void since they're the true enemies of Elune. Remember, she killed those people because she needed their souls to go into the Maw, so she can just pluck their souls outta there.

Man, this writing thing is so fucking easy. All you gotta do is think "What would piss people off the most?"

Also, she's literally the perfect candidate to be the first Azerothian to fly through space unaided by outside spacefaring ships. She has the undead racial she literally can't run out of air cuz she doesn't breathe
    Can't wait to fight alongside Mommy Sylvanas against the Old God homeworld of "Pimplus Giganticus" where it's just a writhing mass of Old God flesh everywhere.
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2021-07-12 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    She has the undead racial she literally can't run out of air cuz she doesn't breathe
    Undead racial was all a setup for Sylvanas Space Travel!

Thus the obvious plot armor in the face a moment where Tyrande can absolutely kill Sylvanas, even without having to sacrifice herself to do so. Cuz literally the writers can just write it that way if they wanted, right? Does Tyrande have to die in order for her to kill Sylvanas? No. But the writers are telling you that Elune is 'sparing Tyrande's life' even though it was Elune that granted her the power to *sacrifice her life for the sake of embodying the Night Warrior* in the first place.

The way the writers have written the events so far, it's basically Elune saying 'Oh I'll let you use Night Warrior powers. And you can go ahead and kill Nathanos the mook. Oh but Sylvanas? No, leave her. I have further plans for her. Your job is done here'.
    If they loved Sylvanas, they wouldn't have written her to be such a hated character over time. It's as simple as that.

It was abundantly clear the reason Tyrande didn't kill Sylvanas was because it was, as she said, "My life for hers" and Elune denied that. The entire story of Tyrande in 9.1 last I checked was saving her from death from being the Night Warrior. Something that Elune didn't care about when it came to the previous Night Warriors. I get people love to hate on the story, but literally twisting it to try to fit an idea of "Well it was really for Sylvanas..." is silly. If it was for Sylvanas, they could have literally just had Tyrande die before she finished.

On top of that, what kinda take is that even? "They could just write it that way...". You know, the thing people already try to crucify them for?

Undead racial was all a setup for Sylvanas Space Travel!
    Yeah it's the reason they changed it from longer breath to infinite breath.

Metzen had this story planned out all along.

The writers are.

Pay attention!
    You really believe she won't be used in this expansion anymore?

Sure, and the writers wouldn't have to make an intervention scene and revert her powers to show Tyrande training with other Night Warriors.

That's not what happened in 9.1.
    It's just an intervention. You know, like when people spiral out of control in real life. She didn't revert to her old model or anything as far as i know.

I get people love to hate on the story, but literally twisting it to try to fit an idea of "Well it was really for Sylvanas..." is silly.
    And, since several characters can be Night Warriors, i don't see why Tyrande has to give up her powers in order for Sylvanas to be one. If Elune wanted, she would just made her into one, regardless.

If they loved Sylvanas, they wouldn't have written her to be such a hated character over time. It's as simple as that.
    She isn't a hated character though.

Despite all that they've done to her character, there's a clear and vocal *fanbase* behind her character, so strong that the writers themselves are in love with her character despite all they've done to *villainize* her.

It's all aimed to one point in the story - a massive redemption arc.

So regardless of this theory, we're going to see the writers putting forth some form of character redemption that will be *their attempt* and having people hate her less, and have a fitting conclusion to her character.

I mean, she's even getting a novel released sometime later this year. It's obvious that the writers *don't hate* her character.

Yes, of course i am. They didn't make this whole Tyrande Night Warrior thing just to drop it an expansion later. Besides, i don't think she even changes models.
    Remember when the Aspects and the Dragons lost their powers and became normal dragons except an expansion later they didn't?
    Remember when they said Grommash was the final raid boss of WoD but then he wasn't?
    Remember when they wrote a book where Syvlanas cursed Voljin for making her warchief inside of her own mind when it was all a part of the Jailer's plans?

Sometimes they just do things and then decide it doesn't work out. Who knows?

You really believe she won't be used in this expansion anymore?
    Tyrande will be used, but not as Night Warrior. That's over. What we see next is how Tyrande deals with life after having been a Night Warrior. That's what the writers consider 'character growth', and we see this shit all the time. *COUGH* Thrall dealing with life after losing Shaman powers *COUGH* Bolvar dealing with life after losing Helm of Domination *COUGH*

It's just an intervention. You know, like when people spiral out of control in real life. She didn't revert to her old model or anything as far as i know.
    Is she still a Night Warrior after the intervention?

And, since several characters can be Night Warriors, i don't see why Tyrande has to give up her powers in order for Sylvanas to be one. If Elune wanted, she would just made her into one, regardless.
    Again, it's not *Elune* wanting it.

It's the *Writers* wanting it. That's the whole point of hyping up the Night Warrior role. My theory implies that the writers purpose of creating this Night Warrior aspect is all a build up towards Sylvanas causing a bunch of shit, gaining evil powers, redeeming her soul, gaining GOOD powers on top of her evil ones to become KERRIGAN powerful enough to rival AMON ZOVAAL!

And all this would circle around as being *ELUNE'S WILL* because that's how they've framed that one moment in the story where Sylvanas gets her life spared. Sparing Tyrande is the misdirection, and the writers true purpose is to empower Sylvanas for the final conflict moving forward. And it doesn't need to make sense in the plot, since the whole point of Sylvanas coming to terms with her actions are all going to be implied, and also be considered *part of Elune's plan* to creating the ultimate Night Warrior that is able to *get close to* Zovaal. Thus Elune also allowed Sylvanas to burn Teldrassil without intervention.

Fucked up, right?
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-07-12 at 10:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing it's missing is if Sylvanas takes the Night Warrior from Tyrande in order to save her from it consuming her, and then have Tyrande (and perhaps other night elves) THANK Sylvanas.

We need some real "DRAENOR IS FREE" energy up in this bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    The only thing it's missing is if Sylvanas takes the Night Warrior from Tyrande in order to save her from it consuming her, and then have Tyrande (and perhaps other night elves) THANK Sylvanas.

We need some real "DRAENOR IS FREE" energy up in this bitch.
    Man, I never even considered that as a result either.

I have to take another stiff drink

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I never even considered that as a result either.

I have to take another stiff drink
    What can I say except you're welcome?

(Which could be the exact response of Sylvanas to Tyrande :'D )