Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    4. Professions are done horribly
    That's just crazy talk. The profession system is amazing. A massive time sink, way too much for me but still amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    That's just crazy talk. The profession system is amazing. A massive time sink, way too much for me but still amazing.
    Ehhhh

The mechanics of doing the professions are very good. Much better than standard 'click once' of most MMO.

The output however is trash. The game has no supply and demand system, no item loss and no item degradation of value. The items therefore are almost worthless because you only need to make/buy once and never again, or they were never 'meta' in the first place so essentially useless. Except for certain glory patches or days that are limited when they have actual power/value, very similar to WoW patches when certain crafted items are very good. Crafters are third rate citizens.

The upside? You can be all crafters on one character so that means even though 90% of profs are garbage you still can play 'the one' at any moment.
    Last edited by Daffan; 2021-07-12 at 08:21 PM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post

The output however is trash. The game has no supply and demand system, no item loss and no item degradation of value. The items therefore are almost worthless because you only need to make/buy once and never again, or they were never 'meta' in the first place so essentially useless. Except for certain glory patches or days that are limited when they have actual power/value, very similar to WoW patches when certain crafted items are very good. Crafters are third rate citizens.

The upside? You can be all crafters on one character so that means even though 90% of profs are garbage you still can play 'the one' at any moment.
    This comment is so inherently false I'm hard pressed to believe you have played the game.

Ehhhh

The mechanics of doing the professions are very good. Much better than standard 'click once' of most MMO.

Others have already said it, but I'm adding my two cents here too....this statement just reeks of you not knowing or understanding what you're talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That's...almost the exact opposite of true.

The XIV market is extremely broad. Far and away moreso than other MMO economies that I've worked in. From housing to glam to leve items to alt gearing...there's so much you can craft at a profit at any given time. I made almost my entire current bank from making old glam items and levequest items.
    make alt armor one time in 20 years, goes afk in roulette/potd, pwofit

Is it better than other just as trash economies like WoW? Yeah, but that's not hard to beat. 99% of items useless omegalol.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    This comment is so inherently false I'm hard pressed to believe you have played the game.
    Last edited by Daffan; 2021-07-12 at 08:21 PM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

I agree about the combat delay and the profession parts. The delay is very annoying as it also counts for boss abilities. Certain bosses you have to plan for that delay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Uh, ok.

I think the other posters are on base here, you sound like you've literally never even done anything with the XIV economy. I mean, I have enough gil for ten or more large houses at this point, and it's all from crafting "useless" items.
    I literally just go into crafting and am making money hand over fist making "useless" housing items. Any item that you can craft that isn't sold on a vendor somewhere will sell on the MB (hell, even some of the items you can craft that do appear on a vendor still sell). This guy just has zero experience with the crafting economy.

As for armor items or weapons that are crafted, you can almost always sell weapons/armor for crafting positions at certain breakpoints for a massive profit because people don't realize there is comparable white gear on vendors.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Wow, you guys managed to necro the tread from last year.

Ehhhh

FFXIV crafter rotations/minigame with a SWG crafter economy would make for an awesome game.

Is it better than other just as trash economies like WoW? Yeah, but that's not hard to beat. 99% of items useless omegalol.
    90% of items in any video game are useless to level capped players. This is an incredibly weak argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehhhh

This is so far from the truth it hurts, crafting prints money. I know people who sink tens of millions into failing a single overmeld and they don't care because they'll have it back with almost no effort and relatively quickly.

Ehhhh

What are you talking about? Every content patch new crafted gear is introduced that when overmelded last until the late stages of the new raids. And what are you talking about 3rd rate citizens? All the richest people in game with personal mansions craft for hours. Try harder to troll next time plz.

Ehhhh

It just hurts to see how blatantly false this information is.. I'd suggest actually unlocking your retainers, and doing something with the MB before you start such verbal feces..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    This is so far from the truth it hurts, crafting prints money. I know people who sink tens of millions into failing a single overmeld and they don't care because they'll have it back with almost no effort and relatively quickly.
    Exactly this.. I am currently level 30 and I have 8 million Gil

Gathering
    buying stuff from vendor and putting it on the MB
    Crafting

it's insane

1) Clunky? FF14 combat is some of the most fluid combat of any tab target mmo I have ever played lol...

2) Alt jobs are so easy to lvl in FF14 there are like 15 different methods to do it. Do Fates, Leves, Deep dungeons, squadrons, normal dungeons, roulettes. If you want to quest you can do the side quests, but fates are basically world quests.

3) not even true, during peaks dps queues are like 7mins idk what trial you waited an hour in for the MSQ seems highly unlikely or very very rare.

4) LMAO how you gonna judge something you didnt try. WHY ON EARTH would you need to craft in the middle of monsters?!? That makes zero sense. You can literally teleport to a city next to a market board in 2 seconds why would you craft where you cant even buy/sell or anything??? And gathering has stealth lololol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    1) Clunky? FF14 combat is some of the most fluid combat of any tab target mmo I have ever played lol...

2) Alt jobs are so easy to lvl in FF14 there are like 15 different methods to do it. Do Fates, Leves, Deep dungeons, squadrons, normal dungeons, roulettes. If you want to quest you can do the side quests, but fates are basically world quests.

3) not even true, during peaks dps queues are like 7mins idk what trial you waited an hour in for the MSQ seems highly unlikely or very very rare.

4) LMAO how you gonna judge something you didnt try. WHY ON EARTH would you need to craft in the middle of monsters?!? That makes zero sense. You can literally teleport to a city next to a market board in 2 seconds why would you craft where you cant even buy/sell or anything??? And gathering has stealth lololol
    i started as a new player a couple of weeks ago, and some of the early dungeon duties took me over 40 minutes of queue time to get a group, and then later when i was doing the primals fights titan took almost 2 hours of queue time to find a full party, so yes it very much does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    i started as a new player a couple of weeks ago, and some of the early dungeon duties took me over 40 minutes of queue time to get a group, and then later when i was doing the primals fights titan took almost 2 hours of queue time to find a full party, so yes it very much does happen.
    What realm and at what time of day are you playing? Because the times you're stating are VERY out of the ordinary, unless you're playing at dead hours of the day for that server.

Point 3 is dead wrong on your part. It take me 30+ min often times to find dungeons when leveling and the 1 boss raids post arr? Hour or hours. During peak play times

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    What realm and at what time of day are you playing? Because the times you're stating are VERY out of the ordinary, unless you're playing at dead hours of the day for that server.
    Adamantoise. From like noon-10 pm is my window of Q, and it takes quite some time. Not always but more often than not

Ehhhh

That is a complete WoW centric way to look at it.
    The market is on cosmetics.

My god... your logic annoys me to no end. You want the experience to be crap for regular players like WoW with having to recraft things in order to think the economy is good.

You know what? I'm ok with the economy being crap. Sounds awesome to me.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Adamantoise. From like noon-10 pm is my window of Q, and it takes quite some time. Not always but more often than not
    What time zone are you in?

Just so the information is in the thread, Adamantoise is on the Aether Data center which is a North American Data Center.

I've had "long" queue times as well, but never more than 30 minutes as a DPS at non-peak times unless it was for Castrum Meridianum or Praetorium, which were excessively long.

Is this bait? I vastly prefer FFXIV but I can't think of a popular mmo with more 'clunky' combat than FFXIV.
    From the rigid unbending rotations, to the gcd to the weird animation locks. It's basically the opposite of fluid.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?