View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I am curious now, what do you think the word fact means?
    He thinks it means "whatever I invent to make it seem like Brexit isn't a stupid idea supported by morons".

It's a new tack for these burners, at least. Some variety from the normal shouty posts.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

--
    So, basically.... you kind of admitted defeat? ''im not interested in the debate.. this discussion isnt for me.'' yet you claim those facts to be true?

Thats always the thing with you people. If you lose, you go and cry in a corner/claim you didnt know or ''No discussion!''... Man up.. please.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-07-11 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    If Chili trades with Singapore and the UK has a treaty with Chili that doesn't mean that all trade between Chili and Singapore should be attributed to the UK.

Because that is what your doing.
    Chile.

Not trying to be mean, but I see exactly why you're doing this and want to help you improve.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UKTradeFacts View Post
    I don't think it's an unreasonable assumption to make that it will happen for the UK when they hold full TPP membership.
    That's not how it works. The UK entering the TPP doesn't appropriate the trade volume of that trade zone as its own. The correct phrase is not "If the UK joins TPP, the UK's trade volume equals that of the TPP".

The correct phrase is "If the UK joins the TPP, the UK joins a trade zone zone with a certain trade volume which will increase the UK's trade volume by X percent." And that "X percent" is something you don't know. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and pretend you're a good faith actor, so I'll be nice and tell you that language matters and if you want to represent trade facts, you should be aware that we're good at fact checking here. It's a bit of a hobby of the people here. So if you want to take this conversation seriously, make sure you get the language right and kindly read what you link before you link it.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Okay, let's finish it there guys. He's come on here as a burner and posted some stats, then a bunch of hockum that he's invented about how much trade the UK will do. Now he's trying to claim he's only posting facts.

We all know what he is at this point. Just report him and leave it at that.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

15+ Year Old Account
    --
    Oh, right, link us the official government source that claims the UK will be responsible for up to 25% of world trade.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-07-11 at 02:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    That would be an impressive feat, no such country exists of course, but it would be impressive.
    True, the two best countries in terms of trade in goods are the US and China - both at 15%.

The EU as one entity is on equal footing with the US and China - but if one wanted to argue less in good faith one could add the intra-EU trade for the EU and suddenly the EU is involved in about 30% of international trade.

If one counts the individual countries within the EU the country ranking in 2018 (both goods and services) was the US, China, Germany, Japan, France, the uk, the Netherlands. https://www.wto.org/english/res_e/st.../wts2019_e.pdf

So, two EU countries are ahead of the uk in terms of trade - but still people think that the uk is ahead of the EU as a whole. That's plain ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    True, the two best countries in terms of trade in goods are the US and China - both at 15%.

The EU as one entity is on equal footing with the US and China - but if one wanted to argue less in good faith one could add the intra-EU trade for the EU and suddenly the EU is involved in about 30% of international trade.

If one counts the individual countries within the EU the country ranking in 2018 (both goods and services) was the US, China, Germany, Japan, France, the uk, the Netherlands. https://www.wto.org/english/res_e/st.../wts2019_e.pdf

So, two EU countries are ahead of the uk in terms of trade - but still people think that the uk is ahead of the EU as a whole. That's plain ridiculous.
    If US, EU and China are 15% each, that means if the UK trades with each of them, they'll make up as much as 45%! ...was the burner's logic, I think.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    If US, EU and China are 15% each, that means if the UK trades with each of them, they'll make up as much as 45%! ...was the burner's logic, I think.
    Ah, and the EU only having around 32%, since the EU trades with the US, China and the uk - and the uk has so much less trade than the EU.

Amazing logic!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Yes, that was roughly their logic.

Following this system to the logical extreme Kevin Bacon is responsible for 100% of world trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Yes, that was roughly their logic.
    I would put logic in ""'s. That burner just can't accept any reality where there are any downsides to Brexit. The gymnastics performed to try and get around this are...like a 300lb 60 year old trying to perform a floor routine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

The lament of the burner.......

Quote Originally Posted by Kansas
    I close my eyes
    Only for a moment, and the moment's gone
    All my dreams
    Pass before my eyes, a curiosity
    Dust in the wind
    All they are is dust in the wind
    Same old song
    Just a drop of water in an endless sea
    All we do
    Crumbles to the ground, though we refuse to see
    Dust in the wind
    All we are is dust in the wind
    Oh
    Now, don't hang on
    Nothin' lasts forever but the earth and sky
    It slips away
    And all your money won't another minute buy
    Dust in the wind
    All we are is dust in the wind
    (All we are is dust in the wind)
    Dust in the wind
    (Everything is dust in the wind)
    Everything is dust in the wind
    The wind

10+ Year Old Account
    --
    Oh, you mean to replace the existing trade agreement with them that you lost when you left the EU?

Also, congratulations Italy for their victory over England at Euro 2021!
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-07-13 at 06:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

--
    oh wow, New Zealand of all places, not the USA, no no? But New Zealand.

The delusions of grandeur are stronk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    oh wow, New Zealand of all places, not the USA, no no? But New Zealand.
    And it's likely worse than the one they had.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

--
    Or is that "brexitears?"

--
    How are these small trade deals a huge business advantage, in comparison to what we had? This mantra that a deal negotiated outside of the EU is automatically better, despite the numbers, is just deranged ideology.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-07-13 at 06:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    --
    Okay, so by your prior logic the EU is helming world trade because in addition to having more trade agreements than the UK they have a much larger economy.

You don't have to rag on your country like that, bruh, you'll hurt BoJo the Bozo's feelings.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-07-13 at 06:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    How are these small trade deals a huge business advantage, in comparison to what we had? This mantra that a deal negotiated outside of the EU is automatically better, despite the numbers, is just deranged ideology.
    tfw you have to drive your truck full of glass eels to new zealand