Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    True, even Limit players complaining about the headstart, pathetic.
    They were not complaining last tier when the deciding factor was who gets to do split runs first. Not to say that the other dude doesn't have a point, but the impact of the headstart and who benefits from it heavily changes based on the last boss tuning and the time when that boss gets killed.

If the last boss can get killed before the first reset, then yes, being able to watch strats and being able in some cases to get to a boss that has been hotfixed can definitely be an important advantage for EU that is then able to get to the last boss quicker and spend more time on in before the reset. If the boss can be killed without an higher ilvl, then the ball is clearly on EU's side at that time. Jaina was the perfect example of that.

On the other end, when a last boss with very poor tuning cannot be killed before the reset but only requires split runs to kill after the reset, then the (second) headstart is an insane advantage that almost simply gives the victory to the side who resets first, US in that case. Denathrius was the perfect example of this. G'huun would have very likely been the same without Limit's mistake.

What I hope for this tier is that Blizzard will have tuned Silvanas better than Denathrius or other previous poorly tuned bosses so that she doesn't go down right before or after the reset, and we don't see another tier where the headstart ends up being the decisive factor.
    Last edited by Loeko; 2021-07-13 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Popsickle View Post
    Limit 6 healing! Soulrender
    I suspect he will be getting a numbers tuning next reset then, if not earlier.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I suspect he will be getting a numbers tuning next reset then, if not earlier.
    10 minutes before Echo gets to them is currently scheduled by Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Loeko View Post
    They were not complaining last tier when the deciding factor was who gets to do split runs first. Not to say that the other dude doesn't have a point, but the impact of the headstart and who benefits from it heavily changes based on the last boss tuning and the time when that boss gets killed.

If the last boss can get killed before the first reset, then yes, being able to watch strats and being able in some cases to get to a boss that has been hotfixed can definitely be an important advantage for EU that is then able to get to the last boss quicker and spend more time on in before the reset. If the boss can be killed without an higher ilvl, then the ball is clearly on EU's side at that time. Jaina was the perfect example of that.

On the other end, when a last boss with very poor tuning cannot be killed before the reset but only requires split runs to kill after the reset, then the (second) headstart is an insane advantage that almost simply gives the victory to the side who resets first, US in that case. Denathrius was the perfect example of this. G'huun would have very likely been the same without Limit's mistake.

What I hope for this tier is that Blizzard will have tuned Silvanas better than Denathrius or other previous poorly tuned bosses so that she doesn't go down right before or after the reset, and we don't see another tier where the headstart ends up being the decisive factor.
    With Denathrius, Limit killed it more than 16 hours before Echo did, AND Echo spent more than 5 hours longer on their reclear than Limit did.

Quote Originally Posted by Barolt View Post
    With Denathrius, Limit killed it more than 16 hours before Echo did, AND Echo spent more than 5 hours longer on their reclear than Limit did.
    That's honestly hard to say. Echo was really close to their kill before the reset too, and you could see that the general level of atmosphere plummeted when they lost, so they hardly played their best. The 16 hour window actually means nothing at all except to forum warriors. It's fucked one way or another.

If the fifth boss is tuned that high, I can't even imagine the sheer amount of hurt the appropriately named Painsmith will bring, especially if datamining is true and he spawns spiked balls during the intermission on top of everything else on Mythic.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Its certainly looking to be one of the hardest tuned raids in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    That's honestly hard to say. Echo was really close to their kill before the reset too, and you could see that the general level of atmosphere plummeted when they lost, so they hardly played their best. The 16 hour window actually means nothing at all except to forum warriors. It's fucked one way or another.
    It's not actually that hard to say because "almost" doesn't win a race.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    I feel like they should still design unkillable bosses for at least a month by the best guild; it makes the game more epic to have unkillable stuff; then after the first 3-4 clears when their ilevel becomes extremely better they should be able to kill that final hard thing.

BUT: in order to do that well I believe you need an Ulduar-esque system of in-encounter switches so that mythic can still clear: later you would still enter in mythic and then it could become EVEN HARDER if you kill a boss a different way (with extra rewards).
    This just seems like Crucible of Storms with extra steps tbh.

They just hit enrage so that's for 6 healing it.

Damn, enrage on 20%. Yeah, they have 6 healers and probably overkilled adds but still, they were millions and millions of damage behind. Dropping one healer won't fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    omfg i leave for a few hours and come back to SIX HEALING BOSS #5?
    sancy d, we don't deserve you
    Yeah, I can't recall a boss like this in a veeery long time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Damn, enrage on 20%. Yeah, they have 6 healers and probably overkilled adds but still, they were millions and millions of damage behind. Dropping one healer won't fix it.
    Imagine if they had to cease raid to focus on splits and M+ day fucking 1, wow.

Neve thought this boss would be that challenging.. Painsmith will take them the whole week.

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Yeah, I can't recall a boss like this in a veeery long time.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine if they had to cease raid to focus on splits and M+ day fucking 1, wow.
    With them going to normal it kinda feels like they are already glancing at Blizzard if they will hotfix the fight.

With them going to normal it kinda feels like they are already glancing at Blizzard if they will hotfix the fight.
    This is going to be one spicy race if the fifth boss hits enrage at 20% and forces the reigning champions to go back with their tails between their legs to clear normal. And that's before the sure-to-be-hellacious Painsmith and the inevitable 15 minute bugfest of Sylvanas.

If Blizzard hotfixes Soulrender right at the end of Limit's raid day that really destroys the NA advantage.

10+ Year Old Account
    expected this from painsmith not soulrender. Very cool to see, looks like it's gonna be a fun race to watch

...this is still a thing? in this mess of a game? lmao, lmao
    Good luck seeing who gets to use the box of crayons first
    Same guilds, same crap
    Worse game

10+ Year Old Account
    What the heck, I go to sleep for like 2 hours while they were wiping on Ner'zhul, then I wake up and Kel is at 1% and they downed it.

lmao, derp, it's on heroic.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2021-07-14 at 01:23 AM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    What the heck, I go to sleep for like 2 hours while they were wiping on Ner'zhul, then I wake up and Kel is at 1% and they downed it.
    Heroic mode
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with