Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Warcraftlogs has it for guilds that opt to enable it.
    Will check it out. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Echo had a couple of close pulls on Remnant before dropping him, 4/10.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

12 or 13 if chat is to be believed. They're not enabling wipe count on warcraftlogs.

Edit: Apparently 16.
    Ah I see, cheers. Similar to Echo then.

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyd2 View Post
    This is the kind of thing that hurts guilds attempting at world first and being at the front, all progress you do could be invalidated by a hotfix. They REALLY need to NOT make any change for the entire reset. Imagine spending hours, getting something hotfixed and having to change your strat so guild b is at the same point suddenly (not saying it was the case here, they were smart and went splits, but it applies to later bosses too).

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a big fan of it being a job now instead of a game. It just boils down to who has the most attractive package to pull the best talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    I'm not a big fan of it being a job now instead of a game. It just boils down to who has the most attractive package to pull the best talent.
    Wow, such a new hot take. Nobody has ever discussed this since the game launched. WoW!

10+ Year Old Account
    Monk damage at Soulrender is ridiculous. Peaking around 100k DPS when the multi target comes in.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Wow, such a new hot take. Nobody has ever discussed this since the game launched. WoW!
    What are you, an idiot? The players didn't get paid for raiding when the game launched. It's only been a thing since Method branded itself in 2017. Take your toys back to the pram and throw them out over there.

Monk damage at Soulrender is ridiculous. Peaking around 100k DPS when the multi target comes in.
    The adds take extra damage from the brand. So AOE burst is king. Still nice to see WW doing well.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you, an idiot? The players didn't get paid for raiding when the game launched. It's only been a thing since Method branded itself in 2017. Take your toys back to the pram and throw them out over there.
    Individual players have been sponsored since at least TBC, there were players getting their rent covered by sponsors.

kek.. and you really think world first guilds were just social little playgrounds that weren't run exclusively to reach world firsts before? I guess Death & Taxes and the like were just casual raiding guilds. Please, just stop it... world first guilds have been in a league of their own since they started being a thing. That's life. And 2017? Seriously? ok then.. Directly from Method:

Founded in 2005 by Scott 'Sco' McMillan, Method progressed from a World of Warcraft Guild into a storied esports organisation driven by innovation and a passion for progress. At Method, community is at the heart of everything we do.

2005 vs 2017, erm.. yea. Who knows it better? Method or some rando on a forum?
    Last edited by 8bithamster; 2021-07-14 at 12:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Individual players have been sponsored since at least TBC, there were players getting their rent covered by sponsors.
    Individual yes. I few of the big guilds had management covered by it with equipment etc but it was only a recent trend where they've started paying the entire guild to give up work to dedicate themselves to this as a full time job. That's what I dislike currently in it. It's why I'm not a big fan of sponsored e-sports in general. When money get's involved, it alters things. How do you compete with players who do this as a job if you have to work?

- - - Updated - - -

kek.. and you really think world first guilds were just social little playgrounds that weren't run exclusively to reach world firsts before? I guess Death & Taxes and the like were just casual raiding guilds. Please, just stop it... world first guilds have been in a league of their own since they started being a thing. That's life. And 2017? Seriously? ok then.. Directly from Method:

Founded in 2005 by Scott 'Sco' McMillan, Method progressed from a World of Warcraft Guild into a storied esports organisation driven by innovation and a passion for progress. At Method, community is at the heart of everything we do.

2005 vs 2017, erm.. yea. Who knows it better? Method or some rando on a forum?
    Founded is not licence branding. The branding was 2017. That's when it became a business.
    Last edited by Malania; 2021-07-14 at 12:48 PM.

exactly this.. claiming this is a thing since 2017 laughable. This discussion happens every world first race.

it's the standard:

US vs EU
    Headstart vs no Headstart
    If EU beats a boss within 10 minutes and US within an hour but a day earlier, EU is still world first becauseof timing
    company guilds ruined the game
    how dare guilds want to buy boe's
    etc
    etc
    etc

15+ Year Old Account
    exactly this.. claiming this is a thing since 2017 laughable. This discussion happens every world first race.

it's the standard:

US vs EU
    Headstart vs no Headstart
    If EU beats a boss within 10 minutes and US within an hour but a day earlier, EU is still world first becauseof timing
    company guilds ruined the game
    how dare guilds want to buy boe's
    etc
    etc
    etc
    You can literally look up when they converted? I really don't understand why you're confused at the difference between a guild and a company.

Individual yes. I few of the big guilds had management covered by it with equipment etc but it was only a recent trend where they've started paying the entire guild to give up work to dedicate themselves to this as a full time job. That's what I dislike currently in it. It's why I'm not a big fan of sponsored e-sports in general. When money get's involved, it alters things. How do you compete with players who do this as a job if you have to work?
    Do you....expect to compete with NBA players at your local court games? All we are seeing is a parallel development of "sports," and while there's all kind of theories about companies catering their design to esports the truth is that the majority of the financial incentive is still in a mass market game/subscription sales.

The general WoW community can't seem to decide if Blizz simps for raiders or for casuals, but it is the WoW community that gives attention to the world first race. In a time when attention itself is gold, of course money is involved.

- - - Updated - - -

Founded is not licence branding. The branding was 2017. That's when it became a business.
    ..You don't compete with full time players when you have to work, how is that a bad thing at all? You don't compete with anyone in anything if they're fully dedicated to it while it's a hobby for you. That's just life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    Do you....expect to compete with NBA players at your local court games? All we are seeing is a parallel development of "sports," and while there's all kind of theories about companies catering their design to esports the truth is that the majority of the financial incentive is still in a mass market game/subscription sales.

The general WoW community can't seem to decide if Blizz simps for raiders or for casuals, but it is the WoW community that gives attention to the world first race. In a time when attention itself is gold, of course money is involved.
    The separation is of course between professionals and amateurs in real life sports.. NBA teams wouldn't be competing in an amateur tournament. In gaming, the professionals compete at the same level at the people just playing for fun. There's no race to world first for the e-sport guilds separated from those who just raid in their own free time.

I'm aware money is involved. It doesn't mean I have to like the influence it has in a passion of mine.

The separation is of course between professionals and amateurs in real life sports.. NBA teams wouldn't be competing in an amateur tournament. In gaming, the professionals compete at the same level at the people just playing for fun. There's no race to world first for the e-sport guilds separated from those who just raid in their own free time.

I'm aware money is involved. It doesn't mean I have to like the influence it has in a passion of mine.
    Don't like it? Don't contend in it. It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by gobarj View Post
    This is the kind of thing that hurts guilds attempting at world first and being at the front, all progress you do could be invalidated by a hotfix. They REALLY need to NOT make any change for the entire reset. Imagine spending hours, getting something hotfixed and having to change your strat so guild b is at the same point suddenly (not saying it was the case here, they were smart and went splits, but it applies to later bosses too).
    There's 4 MAYBE 5 guilds attempting world first. You're saying blizzard shouldn't nerf things because of 4 guilds?

354 guilds have killed the first mythic boss, So we know there's 354 guilds atleast attempting to get into mythic. But you're right, Blizzard should wait to do anything just for those 4 guilds

Sponsor deals weren’t that big back then

Heck a free headset was a huge deal