Company of Heroes 3

Finally this is one of the best rts series imo and part 3 is coming.

Some Features and articles and a trailer.

The campaing map is now turn based and kinda like the Total War serie where you jump into battles if meeting on the map.

Will be set in the Mediterranean, factions are German, UK and US forces.

Total destruction of everything on battle map.

Will also feature a Tactical pause system in combat.

And much more.

Steam page https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...y_of_Heroes_3/

Will link some articles.

https://www.pcgamer.com/everything-w...y-of-heroes-3/
    Everything we know about Company of Heroes 3

https://www.pcgamer.com/company-of-h...-of-total-war/
    Company of Heroes 3 is a World War 2 sandbox with the scale of Total War

https://www.pcgamer.com/company-of-h...n-an-art-form/
    Company of Heroes 3 makes destruction an art form
    Do you hear the voices too?

After Dawn of War 3... I'm cautious.

It looks great, but that's what trailers are suppose to do. We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    After Dawn of War 3... I'm cautious.
    Yeah same maby if this game does great they will consider another go at DoW but this time do it properly.

I really don't think there is any point in having a campaign map like TW in any WW2 RTS. Especially one that seems set in Italy, since there were basically 2 routes for the Allies towards Alps. If it's going to be linear anyway, then what's the point? I'm afraid the only reason is cutting the length of the main story and spamming players with irrelevant skirmishes every turn (which is an ever-present issue in Total Wars, especially late into campaigns).
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    True we will see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I really don't think there is any point in having a campaign map like TW in any WW2 RTS. Especially one that seems set in Italy, since there were basically 2 routes for the Allies towards Alps. If it's going to be linear anyway, then what's the point? I'm afraid the only reason is cutting the length of the main story and spamming players with irrelevant skirmishes every turn (which is an ever-present issue in Total Wars, especially late into campaigns).
    Not seen any gameplay of the campaign map yet so not sure how they are going to pull it off there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    The hour+ gameplay stream presentation of the campaign map also looked pretty sweet
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Yeah same maby if this game does great they will consider another go at DoW but this time do it properly.
    I dunno, man. They had 2 runs at a DOW style and missed the mark. I honestly think the devs know they went as far as they could go with DOW1 and its numerous expansions. That was why DOW2 and DOW3 were so drastically different. While I respect the notion (whether it's true or not), Relic does not seem to have a desire to deliver the fourth DOW in the vein fans actually want; Dawn Of War 1.

Edit: And COH 2 was also not that great. Their RTS games progressively got worse over the years. DOW3 was just the nadir.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2021-07-14 at 06:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh company of heroes was kinda meh... i would much prefer to see this type of game back:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1..._World_War_II/

(where you control 1 unit at a time, not whole damn squad and heck having a manual control over them)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

There is also downloadable pre-alpha build

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...Alpha_Preview/
    Last edited by Wilian; 2021-07-14 at 06:52 PM.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I dunno, man. They had 2 runs at a DOW style and missed the mark. I honestly think the devs know they went as far as they could go with DOW1 and its numerous expansions. That was why DOW2 and DOW3 were so drastically different. While I respect the notion (whether it's true or not), Relic does not seem to have a desire to deliver the fourth DOW in the vein fans actually want; Dawn Of War 1.
    Yeah probably, such a shame.

I really liked DoW2 though with it's squad based combat, fun campaign and amazing voiceacting. Loved DoW1 too of course but second one is my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Not seen any gameplay of the campaign map yet so not sure how they are going to pull it off there.
    Certainly, maybe they can get something fun done, I'm just not very optimistic about it, especially in this setting. Doesn't seem like there's an awful lot of possibilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

I did not see that coming at all, and i used to play over 1000+ hours of CoH MP for both Beta and Release. There is very high chance i will do that again with CoH 3.

This was fantastic news seriously, RTS come back!

- - - Updated - - -

If they do different armies DLC over time again like they did with CoH 2, i am gonna be there if not day 1, then very close to it! i baught almost all MP DLCs for CoH 2 cus i freaking love that game alot!!