Poll: Choose

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    EQ style 4 sho.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Not answering the poll
    Then you only get based polling. These might seem like a good idea but giving a 3rd option will show how many think otherwise.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep the factions, but let friends do dungeons and raids together and probably introduce a embassy hub like in Dalaran were you can hangout with your buddies from the other faction.

neither its working as it should in warcraft
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    neither its working as it should in warcraft
    With how often we work together with the other faction in lore, it doesn't make sense that we can't do it in game.

Just going off of what I can remember:
    Wrath: The last 2 patches were all about getting the strongest champions Azeroth has to offer together to fight the Lich King.
    Cata: The last patch was all about getting the strongest champions Azeroth has to offer together to fight Deathwing
    MoP: Starts with a war, ends with alliance and horde working together to storm Orgrimmar
    WoD: We worked together cross faction the entire time to stop the Iron Horde (with only a little bit of cross faction bickering until 6.2 where that all goes away again)
    Legion: Literally an entire expansion focused around class identity mattering more than faction
    BFA: Not entirely sure, but doesn't it also end with us working together to stop N'zoth?

Covenant style.
    The 4 covenants represent almost perfectly the division Warcraft 3 had:
    Kyrian = Human Alliance
    Necrolords = Orcish Horde
    Night Fae = Night elf Sentinels
    Venthyr = Undead Scourge.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Covenant style.
    The 4 covenants represent almost perfectly the division Warcraft 3 had:
    Kyrian = Human Alliance
    Necrolords = Orcish Horde
    Night Fae = Night elf Sentinels
    Venthyr = Undead Scourge.
    I'll give you the night fae, and if you had said that the necrolords had resembled the scourge, I could see that parallel. But I don't really see the other three parallels that you're drawing. Could you elaborate on why you feel those three covenants represent those factions?

To me, the politicking of the Venthyr and inability to really see the true threat in front of them reminds me of the human alliance from WC3, while I don't really see parallels between the Kyrian and any of the WC3 races. I can kind of see the Necrolord's value placed on strength matching the Horde, but the aesthetic and general necromancy theme seems to better fit the Sourge, IMO.

I voted for pandaren style but either would be perfectly fine IMO and make wow quite a bit better.
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    It's not though it's old, tired and played out and also causes several issues among the player base with things such as faction imbalance for starters. I've played this game since 2005 and I was really hoping that the end of BFA where all the faction leaders were all lovey-dovey was the prologue for a one faction game beginning next expansion.

Seriously it would solve 10x more problems that it would cause.
    and I've been playing since Orcs and Humans in the 90's and there is no reason to remove factions.. the issues with the game are not faction related imo but development related and of course player created

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Not answering the poll
    Or uyou could have added the option by not rigging the poll to make it look like 100% want faction neutrality. This does not count those who didn't answer it. Bogus poll.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Keep the factions, but let friends do dungeons and raids together and probably introduce a embassy hub like in Dalaran were you can hangout with your buddies from the other faction.
    You already have those places to do that. They are called sanctuary cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    I'll give you the night fae, and if you had said that the necrolords had resembled the scourge, I could see that parallel. But I don't really see the other three parallels that you're drawing. Could you elaborate on why you feel those three covenants represent those factions?

To me, the politicking of the Venthyr and inability to really see the true threat in front of them reminds me of the human alliance from WC3, while I don't really see parallels between the Kyrian and any of the WC3 races. I can kind of see the Necrolord's value placed on strength matching the Horde, but the aesthetic and general necromancy theme seems to better fit the Sourge, IMO.
    Kyrian = Justice, Valor, Honor. Traits they share with the Humans.
    Necrolords = War, combat and Strength. Traits they share with the Orcs.
    Ardenweald = Flora, Fauna and Starlight. Traits they share with the Night elves.
    Venthyr = Snobbery, Anima Dependency, and love for Torture. Traits they share with the Forsaken and Blood elves. I chose it for the Scourge because that's where evil souls go to before they end up in the Maw.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-07-14 at 04:40 PM.

The EQ system actually sounds great. I know some people are still emotionally invested in faction debates despite us facing the same story loop for the past 20 years (tentative alliance vs big threat > fight between ourselves repeat x10), but I'd say WoW is an MMO before its an RPG, & some concessions need to be made for the health of the game. Hell, from an RPG POV the whole story loop we've been stuck in gives us a perfect reason to team up with "the enemy" for fights against greater threats anyway.

So yeah, the EQ system sounds sweet, & hopefully it comes in 10.0.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    There are several reasons why to remove factions.. Can you name any positives to keeping them apart from "that's how it's always been though"
    doesn't break lore, makes it unique in the MMO market vs oh say FF14. and yes it's been a key feature of every warcraft game. these are very important to me. I don't see a single reason to remove them that isn't fixed via better balance and an overall better game. If it's ever done I hope they make them unique factionless servers or something. not that it matters in the grand scheme of things but no factions would turn me away from the game for good.

I'd rather drive a bigger wall between them and stop the team-ups or whatever as much as possible via better writing and gameplay

Of your two options I'd pick the first one.

What I want is the faction war to end completely though. We are adventurers we can work for other factions. All pvp should either be caverns of time shit or us working for small factions trying to get a leg up on the other. If they wanna be lazy they could just have all ally happen to side with the X faction and Horde with the Y or they could let us pick i really dont care as long as the Horde Vs Alliance conflict ends. Every expansion or two could have us working with new factions and give us new gear/building/etc styles.

Make a third faction, a "neutral" one..and watch it being overrun because the "normal" player has had enought of their bullshit, watch it. THEY know it and it will never happen. Despite the fact that a third faction would balance things out.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    and I've been playing since Orcs and Humans in the 90's and there is no reason to remove factions.. the issues with the game are not faction related imo but development related and of course player created
    I've been playing since orcs and humans in the 90s and there are plenty of reasons to remove factions (for endgame group content) not the least of which being that neither the old horde or the alliance of Lordaeron even exist anymore.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Seems like the EQ style would be the easiest to implement.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I vote for option #3:
    Races and factions function as they normally do in WoW......HOWEVER, you can via a quest chain become a renegade.

Being a renegade, you will start working on the opposite factions' reputations, increasing them from hated (attacked on site) to neutral (can enter towns), Honored (enter cities), revered (enter capitals), exalted (fully accepted into the faction and mount reward), all the while your old faction rep decrease, making capitals/cities/towns dangerous places to be.

Naturally, Org/SW would be the first rep to work on, but e.g. a renegade Troll won't be able to enter IF, unless he have also worked on that rep (Humans might like him, but dwarves still don't).
    Is working up rep really a form of realism or just a form of realism in the form of an mmo grind? I think some sort of treaty being signed at the end of SL between both factions would be enough to give neutral status to everyone and cross faction grouping. Just leave pvp as it is and wave it away however you want. Maybe add in a 30 min quest chain if people want to move beyond neutral status for some type of reward.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Or uyou could have added the option by not rigging the poll to make it look like 100% want faction neutrality. This does not count those who didn't answer it. Bogus poll.
    Or this is a poll saying If Blizz was going to do it anyway which one would you prefer

I'm not Blizz neither are getting implemented and this is a very HYPOTHETICAL situation. If you don't care for it then the poll does not apply to you.

***OPINION WARNING****

Factions are completely stupid, and tbh, quite childish in their current iteration. Factions can still exist in a thematic / story capacity, but I see absolutely ZERO reason to keep them as a gameplay component. As the playerbase drops, the best thing Blizzard could do is allow everyone to play with each other - and lets be clear, thats ALL the factions do - stop us from playing together.

PvP doesnt change at all, and doubling down on AvA and HvH pvp is something I would welcome. The battlegrounds already make almost zero sense anyway - like why the fuck are we still apparently fighting over WSG? And who gives a shit about EOTS? AV? They are still cool snapshots of story and lore, but they really hold zero bearing on the modern game. I mean we are currently floating around in magical death land, and the boys are like "hold on guys, I know we are battling these powerful threats in ghost land, BUT, ew better head back to WSG to fight over a flag!".

PvE is just as illogical, we are constantly fighting the same enemy, together, but we cant do it.....together?

And lastly, the language barrier is pretty damn stupid now too. I do understand why they wanted to limit cross faction communication in vanilla, especially with all the pve/pvp restrictions etc, but now with Bnet, forums, discord etc, we are already freely communicating with whoever the fuck we want, so its yet another 15+ year old system that just doesnt make sense. Sure, I dont want to see the other "faction" in my chat all the time, just make it group only, but the idea, like so many in wow, is just horribly outdated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.