Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Not for the Night Warrior concept, but I was talking about a waste of Tyrande's story.

The Night Warrior is fine as a piece of world-building lore for the series. Showing Tyrande become that form opens up an aspect of the world we haven't seen before.

But in terms of her character arc, it was utterly pointless outside of being able to kill Nathanos. The writers had her fail at every turn to kill Sylvanas, and it was all intentional since the writers had no intention of Sylvanas dying at her hands in the first place. Kinda like how Maiev was written into Warcraft 3 TFT purely as a means to give Illidan some depth and exposition. Even though we get to play as Maiev, her purpose in the story is just to support the grander narrative focus which is meant to be about Illidan vs Arthas. Tyrande is being used the same way, to give expository depth to Sylvanas.

If the writers weren't so adamant at reusing characters instead of creating new ones for the purpose, we wouldn't have all this circular bullshit of having named characters always be propped up and downplayed in power with no consistency to what they're actually capable of.

Kinda like I pointed out earlier with Anduin being High King of the Alliance, with powers to make himself invincible with the light or ressurect entire armies, and is surrounded by the most elite guards - Easily kidnapped by a few flying Mawsworn in broad daylight. If they wanted another 'Lich King' character, they could have just created a new one for the purpose instead of using Anduin, but you see the writers consider this 'character building'.
    Well, at least she got cool looks for the cinematic

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Well, at least she got cool looks for the cinematic
    Yep, a hint at what Sylvanas could look like once they make her Kerrigan Night Warrior

Yep, a hint at what Sylvanas could look like once they make her Kerrigan Night Warrior
    Uhmmm... no?

She's already set to look like a High elf.

Uhmmm... no?

She's already set to look like a High elf.
    Replying to stuff like this getting increasingly tangential like cat allergies and bear rugs.

Replying to stuff like this getting increasingly tangential like cat allergies and bear rugs.
    So, don't reply?

I hope this happens just to spite people like OP

It doesn't matter what it is to them. It didn't happen in their sacred cow Warcraft 3, so they've already decided to hate it and make whatever excuse they need after the fact.

So, don't reply?
    Yeah but what's the point of not replying when I can reply instead?

It keeps this thread on the main page after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    That sounds fucking awful

So im sure it has a chance of happening this expansion
    Way too fast. Maybe in two to three expansions?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    Way too fast. Maybe in two to three expansions?
    Probably. Only after Sylvanas replaces the ARbiter which we know it's going to happen
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

No way! Night Warrior is just the stepping stone to becoming the Arbiter.

Quote Originally Posted by Disen View Post
    Yeah, well, we already got the "Elune didn't want T to kill S" response from the devs
    Wait what? When did that happen? Got link?

10+ Year Old Account
    SHHHHHH! SHHHH!, don't give them devs any ideas.

I dig this simply because it would be every gas delivery truck in the lower 48 being dumped on to a fire level of forum outrage, which is my best source of WoW related entertainment now that I've stopped playing the game.

That sounds absolutely awful.

Therefore,

Yeah but what's the point of not replying when I can reply instead?

It keeps this thread on the main page after all.
    So, don't complain.

No way! Night Warrior is just the stepping stone to becoming the Arbiter.
    Are you sure it's not a step away from becoming a First one? jeez...

Are you sure it's not a step away from becoming a First one? jeez...
    No, of course not, wtf?

It's two steps away from being a First one.

Absolutely not. I recognize Blizzard's priorities can come down to rule of cool > logic, but this is up there with my sig in insane fanfictions that are just not ever happening.

Where I actually could see it going is Elune consciously deciding to deny Tyrande the killing blow due to some yet-unknown part of Elune's backstory/Sylvanas's motivations that Tyrande herself couldn't give a rat's ass about and she straight up calls on the night elves to abandon Elune worship in retaliation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

No, of course not, wtf?

It's two steps away from being a First one.

You had me in the first half, not gonna lie...

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Where I actually could see it going is Elune consciously deciding to deny Tyrande the killing blow due to some yet-unknown part of Elune's backstory/Sylvanas's motivations that Tyrande herself couldn't give a rat's ass about and she straight up calls on the night elves to abandon Elune worship in retaliation.
    You're correct.
    "Bask in the dying embers of your goddesses' bargain, Tyrande."
    Elune probably made a bargain with Death, most likely Zovaal, to keep her sister (the Winter Queen) safe? That's why she can't kill any of his most trusted lieutenant?
    Or she just didn't want Tyrande to sacrifice herself for that.

Nothing blizzard do should surprise anyone.

This is why I laugh at people who criticise some of the more outlandish suggestions by fans.

If you e been around this franchise long enough you’d realise anything is impossible and almost any new things blizz does would have been branded ridiculous or impossible by fans if it was suggested first in a forum.

Some sadly just don’t get what imagination is or creative writing. Not realising everything about this game they live is exactly that

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Some sadly just don’t get what imagination is or creative writing.
    There's good creative design and there's bad creative design. Just because both are creative doesn't mean we need to accept both.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-07-15 at 06:13 PM.