Thread: conduits are

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity

Post conduits are

literally burning garbage
    u have to obtain it class and not specwise and it needs energy. IT needs energy!!!!!!
    So pay a subscription for energy feature. It's paradox. How you feel about runes+ with daily lockout??
    Last edited by froschhure; 2021-07-15 at 04:32 AM.
    love WoWarcraft

I don’t know what they are

Does anyone ACTUALLY run out of energy?
    I have never been in a scenario where I was even close to that happing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Energy?

So.. You switch them out so much you run out of it?! Damn..

And well, I partially agree with you. I like the feature of them empowering us but I find it tedious that we cannot focus on our specs instead of class.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I get the conduit issue, last tier I got my best ones last and this tier its following the same logic, almost like its on purpose.

You have 3 soulbinds that can be saved per spec. Each one of them gives decent enough bonuses to be playable by any spec. End of last tier I constantly switched between all 3 specs, and had each soulbind set for a specific spec, worked like a charm without the need to swap conduits. Don't try to be a crazy min-maxer and swap conduits within 1 souldbind for every spec and just set soulbinds per spec. You can't be a min-maxer since you're posting a crybaby post on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Zora-Prime View Post
    If you want to run the optimal follower 100% of the time, yes, or play a Druid. Conduit Energy shouldn't be a thing. It's literally the same thing from BFA at the beginning when they capped how often you could switch Azerite Traits, and then decided to put a doubling gold cost on it instead. They could just do that if they wanted. It should be free, but at least that would be better than having to wait. I don't get why they never learn from their past mistakes. it's actually pretty irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    If you want to run the optimal follower 100% of the time, yes, or play a Druid. Conduit Energy shouldn't be a thing. It's literally the same thing from BFA at the beginning when they capped how often you could switch Azerite Traits, and then decided to put a doubling gold cost on it instead. They could just do that if they wanted. It should be free, but at least that would be better than having to wait. I don't get why they never learn from their past mistakes. it's actually pretty irritating.
    That's only if the specs use the exact (that would constantly need to swap ie tank/heal/dps) same follower. I haven't really seen any class (except maybe​ pure dps; but most aren't swapping specs) that has multiple specs using the same follower, but I could be wrong. Since majority use two different followers it automatically swaps to that follower when you swap specs and will pick back up whatever conduits you have.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2021-07-15 at 09:46 AM.

I have never heard of this either. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's a problem for someone, but in my mythic raiding guild at least nobody had an issue with conduit energy. That's not to say it's a useful feature, if anything they could remove it, but how many are really impacted by it?

What are these people that constantly have issues with conduit energy doing in the game? Like you must be playing all 3 specs in both PvP and PvE?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's taken you this long to work out how this system works?
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Just read what the designers had to say about them. You should view them as extra pieces of gear. That's why they have ilvls assigned to them. Also upgrading is such a non issue, since the throughput gain from an upgrade is minimal (check bloodmallet->conduits for the numbers).

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacin9 View Post
    Each one of them gives decent enough bonuses to be playable by any spec.
    That's not true

As a MM hunter they are useless. You only use the covenant skill one and the trueshot one. Rest are not viable unless they are 50 ilvl higher

Love how i get upgrade tokens from kortia but every time I use them they level me tank and heal conduits... im playing dps xD. Its like the RNG hates me.

15+ Year Old Account
    I did once when switching specs and testing. Wasn't a big deal.

I was out of energy literally constantly on my Priest.
    Doing Mythic+ and raiding Heroic/Mythic swapping between Disc and Holy already burned quite a few. Add in the occasional swap to Shadow and you're out of energy constantly.

Sure I can pick non-optimal conduits/soulbinds, but why would I need to make non-optimal choices because of an energy system?
    I earned the conduits, unlocked the soulbinds and unlocked the slots. Why am I being punished with a time-gate for wanting to play my character optimally?

I "solved" this by carefully planning when I do which content so I always had the energy I needed to make the changes. This is neither fun or engaging gameplay.

Why can we freely swap talents but not conduits?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Just read what the designers had to say about them. You should view them as extra pieces of gear. That's why they have ilvls assigned to them. Also upgrading is such a non issue, since the throughput gain from an upgrade is minimal (check bloodmallet->conduits for the numbers).
    Except they don't work like gear at all. You can freely swap gear whenever you get a better one.
    And gear has a main stat that almost completely invalidates anything else about the item so almost nobody swaps them for specific situations.

Sure there are exceptions like my Priest wanting Mastery for raids and Crit for M+, but even then I can swap it no problem. No need to wait a day.

If you play the game like Blizzard intended then you won't run out of conduit energy. If you want to minmax then you will run out of conduit energy. Most people simply don't bother and just pick a subpar soulbind for their 2nd spec. it's most likely a subpar covenant for that other spec anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I'm playing a druid and don't have that issue. Heck, i barely ever change them. You're never going to be optimal 100% of the time, and i'd argue that you shouldn't be able to.

It doesn't help that they create systems that they have to limit in the first place, it is very poor game design. Hopefully more people bail and they panic then drop the sub fee or the box price, or both.