Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    So...what's the great cycle?

The name implies that there some cyclical event going on, yet it's just the "Spiritual Force" (meaning, Spirit, Decay, Air, Fire, Water, Earth) displayed in a cyclical fashion, without any cyclical behavior to them.

There is fucking nothing.
    It's literally just a more creative way to name Azeroth and a pitiful attempt at hiding the fact that this is a rehash of the Chronicles map.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

7+ Year Old Account
    So are the Brokers now Agents of Order (although they see themselves above the Titans it seems), or did they steal their mounts from the Plane of Order? Any other leaks from the Grimoire? It's weird that we don't get an ebook variant of that, we had it for the Chronicles iirc.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

5+ Year Old Account
    So...what's the great cycle? There is fucking nothing.
    Do you see the infinity sign the snakes make? This shows a lot. It’s looks like life and death cycle of the whole universe with elements in. Let’s not forget this is a Shadowlands chart, still no clear info about the First Ones though. If I read it as a whole then maybe First Ones are huge elementals. Oh this is all getting good, makes me wanna smoke some.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I expected to get disappointed but holy shit.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Tree on Life sections seems to have symbol like of Crescent Moon

does it confirm anything about Elune?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    So are the Brokers now Agents of Order (although they see themselves above the Titans it seems)
    More likely thieves it would seem.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    Tree on Life sections seems to have symbol like of Crescent Moon

does it confirm anything about Elune?
    In one of the preview images the narrating Broker mentions her indirectly while talking about the WQ.
    Pretty much calling her a Pantheon of Life member in the context of the WQ being a Pantheon of Death member.

- - - Updated - - -

OT: not much refining there.

It's just the old chart we had, just turned around a bit.
    Plus some small extra details.

Which is good, at least they are sticking to it.

So...what's the great cycle?
    The Cycle of Life and death.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-07-15 at 10:30 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

>"Your chart is wrong and biased!"
    >draws the exact same chart except THEIR faceless cosmic force is BIGGER and COOLER than the others
    >refuses to elaborate further
    >leaves

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    A poster in 2026 discussing inconsistencies between the refined chronicle 2.0 (updated supplement) and the current expansion Primordial Realms, probably.
    yup, the next chronicles book will come out from w.e next expansion race will be, and it'll be another pov shit where they'll put their cosmic power on top and be like "oh how those mortals/brokers didn't know anything"
    Last edited by voidox; 2021-07-15 at 11:39 AM.

Broker's comment about the absurdity of Chronicle's map feels like Danuser's jab at Metzen. Completely disrespectful.

Christ, the whole point of it is that it's the same shit but turned in a different direction because the Brokers, being from the realm of Death think that the place they're in is the most important one there is and its opposite is the most important contrast. The Chronicle version is equally spaced because the writers at the time intended it as a final telling The Titans equally weigh the realms. It's meant to be tongue-in-cheek that they make the exact same thing but it's prioritized differently and that they treat reality as the Great Cycle because the things that exist there are mostly just an anima farm for the Shadowlands denizens. It's not a retcon or even new information, it's just marginally clever characterization through visual design.

@TheFirstOnes

Point, Order is represented through a Broker symbol and the Shadowlands as the Arbiter so it's not that bad. It's just a personal nitpick.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2021-07-15 at 11:58 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    So what the Titans weight all the powers equally but the brokers weight life and death more then the rest?

Seems like a pretty unneeded reason to make another chart.
    Brokers are biased. Very biased. They censored a guy for suggesting that Death isn't the most important realm. This image says more about them than the cosmology.

so, its the exact same thing, but less detailed and written from a brokers perspective, so therefore shows death and life as most important instead of all forces equally?

got it, cant wait for the "chronicles of the first ones" in 2 years which shows everything, but this time from the first ones perspective.
    and then the "beyonders chronicle" 3 years after that.
    and then the....
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

5+ Year Old Account
    These brokers are pissing me off, they gather and use knowledge of the First Ones for profit. I bet Ven'ari is the same and sooner or later she will show us what she is capable off. Then I will put my hands on her and farm her endlessly, because I'm so damn tired seeing First Ones being so humiliated and insulted in every possible way.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-07-15 at 09:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I kind of prefer when Warcraft lore and mythology isn't ironclad and instead mostly perspective-based - it leaves room for speculation and creativity when approaching it, leading to any number of alternate interpretations that add flavor and substance to the lore as opposed to detracting from it. This strikes me more as subtle propaganda from the realm of the Death (especially from the Brokers) as concerns the paramount nature of their own realm - while simultaneously trying to lambast the Chronicle as the same from the bias of Order.

This, to me, returns a lot of agency to the player to make their own decisions about the nature of the Warcraft universe and metacosm.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    so, its the exact same thing, but less detailed and written from a brokers perspective, so therefore shows death and life as most important instead of all forces equally?
    Which is most likely the point. It's not there to tell us anything about the cosmology. It's there to tell us how the denizens of the Shadowlands view the cosmos, the Brokers in particular.

Is no one noticing the Seashells in the corners?
    An'u belore delen'na

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    Yes, that's the entire point of it.

I fail to see how its something negative.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Cough View Post
    Is no one noticing the Seashells in the corners?
    No, i'm not seeing any seashells there. Are you sure you're not misreading something?