Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If only they had an item to mitigate loss of interest in the game.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprias1212 View Post
    Useless item, you don't die in the maw if your IQ isn't as high as the room temperature.
    Don't buy it then

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I understand that some people are pissed by the maw system, loosing anima, jailers eye, no mounting etc... But now the maw is just a joke. The eye was annoying, but cool aswell. Now the maw is just a questzone, like every other zone. Sad.

Oh... another 'we heard your feedback' solution for aritifial and 100% made with premeditation by Blizzard problem.

The launch feedback:
    "I don't like the Maw. It feels oppressive and the stakes are too high. This isn't like any other zone that's been in WoW before. I have to go here so often, why?"

And months later, this was their solution to that feedback. Sigh.

I personally like the Maw but don't like that it's as mandatory as it is. I've had some exciting, tense moments in the Maw. I've also had some frustration. I don't think it's the type of zone you should force on players... early on, as the Eye built and you ventured further into the areas of it, it could get pretty hairy. A lot of MMO players are NOT here for that kind of gameplay. I enjoyed the challenge, but a player like my wife wouldn't have put up with it and would have stopped playing long before the Maw "got easier."

I'm not saying this because "look how cool I am", but since Shadowlands came out, I've died in the Maw twice... yes, two times! (the reason why I remember it, is because I was trying to solo a rare back at the start, and failed.. twice)
    Is dying in the maw really an big issue?
    Do people actually need stygia for something?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    I understand that some people are pissed by the maw system, loosing anima, jailers eye, no mounting etc... But now the maw is just a joke. The eye was annoying, but cool aswell. Now the maw is just a questzone, like every other zone. Sad.
    The problem with the eye was the last tier of "being watched" where you basically get a stacking debuff that reduce healing and does damage over time.
    Whenever I actually bothered to go down to the maw for my weekly thing, I could never finish it because I got the debuff too quick. Because I'm doing some quests here, saving some souls there and oh.. look! A rare!
    And suddenly, the game says "sorry mac, you can't be here more today, come back tomorrow", which I rarely did.

It was a cool thematic idea, but the debuff was so extremely poorly designed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgran View Post
    Do people actually need stygia for something?
    I found I didn't need stygia. But then, I found I didn't need SL either.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Good item, the problem they don't fix the actual bug with Stygia, sometimes when you left a raid group you loss stygia without dying.... 2 days ago I lost 4k stygia by this bug

Typical post WoD Blizzard: we create an unnecessary problem and one year later we bring a really bad solution to this problem instead of just removing the problem.

Or they could have just removed the system entirely

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Or they could have just removed the system entirely
    But that would have required admitting they were wrong.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If they remove it then they'll just have you run back to your back. One of the reasons you drop Stygia is because your body respawns at the GY.

So you for the most part (like the new WB) you can either:

A) Run back and get your Stygia back in a crowded area - Current Method
    B) Run from the GY, respawn and possibly die again due to mob placement - If they completely remove it.

Both methods have their ups and downs. The upside with -75% less is that it makes it easier to decide if you want to go back and get it. I haven't died yet, but if I drop something like 500 (out of the old 2000) it'd be a lot less tempting to go back and get it depending on where it is. Though in reality, I'll go back and grab it regardless.
    I'd stlll take it, especially when trying to deal with a world boss that lags so badly and takes forever because its built for people to troll groups.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Nothing like accumulating a limited resource on a daily basis just to lose a chunk of it on death... Dark Souls this ain't!!
    not limited anymore, its unlimited since 9.1
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Typical post WoD Blizzard: we create an unnecessary problem and one year later we bring a really bad solution to this problem instead of just removing the problem.
    It's classic, textbook WoW dev "fixing".

- They created an issue that negatively impacts the players.

- Players complain.

- The devs "fix" it with an item that forces the player to grind out a costly reputation.

- Profit! MAU's spike up higher! Woo!

I mean, what's next, there's lag in a zone, and the fix is to grind out 50k of some currency that randomly drop at 1%, and reduces lag by 4%? Wait, don't give them any ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    not limited anymore, its unlimited since 9.1
    And yet Anima is a limited currency.. I'm currently sitting at 32k/35k

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgran View Post
    And yet Anima is a limited currency.. I'm currently sitting at 32k/35k
    anima is not limited you can get as much as you want and spend as much as you want, ive been hitting 35k pretty commonly now, so i go and buy some pets using anima then sell them on the AH. make about 15k gold per 1000 anima, which i get like 5k a day doing korthia.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content