Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I might just join you if it gets to 20-30 years from now and idiot parents start having COVID parties for their kids like they did with chicken pox.
    The GOP Trumpers are now the party of Anti-Vaxxers, they're cheering for low Vaccine Rates and Tennessee is now a state of Anti-Vaxxers

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...19/7928701002/
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Question...

What the fuck does this even mean? I assume it's using some phrase I've never heard before or isn't immediately obvious to me.

Between stuff like this and folks calling the vaccine the "Fauci Ouchie" I'm increasingly convinced that most of these anti-vax people have the literal minds of children. And not in the Master Blaster way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    That's a terribly stupid idea, as you will have anti-vaxxers home-"schooling" their children, especially as there's nothing indicating that it was the children that made the bad choice - so you would be depriving innocent children of a decent education.

Requiring proof of vaccination or recent covid-test for travel etc is a simple idea for most cases.
    So "terribly stupid" in that it's already standard practice and I simply argued for adding COVID vaccines to existing mandated vaccination lists.
    https://www.ontario.ca/page/vaccines-children-school

L.A. County will reinstate mask mandate amid rise in Covid-19 cases and hospitalizations

Nice to know at the local level in some places that basic common sense still exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    L.A. County will reinstate mask mandate amid rise in Covid-19 cases and hospitalizations

Nice to know at the local level in some places that basic common sense still exists.
    Y'all just get your fucking shot, Christ and Allah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    People who refused Vaccinations and/or spreading misinformation about Vaccines caused this.
    Yeah, just nice to know that not everywhere is backwards TN in just giving full in to anti vax facebook idiots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post

Buildings and workplaces around my area just started reinstating mask policies. Mine will probably be one of them soon even though everyone is vaccinated.

Delta is a live demonstration and warning to the unvaccinated of how viruses mutate and vaccines work. Funny how a lot of people who were screaming herd immunity before the shots are the ones afraid of them.

You know with food safety how you need to commit to an extremely hot or cold temperature to stop the spread of bacteria? That if you only go half way, either way, you create a breeding ground for bacteria? We're sort of doing that with the virus.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2021-07-16 at 05:55 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    So "terribly stupid" in that it's already standard practice and I simply argued for adding COVID vaccines to existing mandated vaccination lists.
    The important question isn't whether such policies are in use, but whether they work.

Even if the rule says that the child must be immunized it also says that "children who do not get immunized [...] may be removed from school during a disease outbreak" - which implies that they are allowed at other times. That may be the exemptions that the parents will also cite for covid.

Additionally if the goal was to protect others it doesn't make sense to have tetanus in that list, since it is normally not spreading between people.

https://www.vaccinestoday.eu/stories...n-work-europe/ indicate that mandatory child vaccination policies don't work well, except to make the policy makers feel smug. Dr. Katie Attwell, University of Western Australia, phrases this as ‘Maybe it’s more of an emotional experience for those who want to punish a country – or, in in the case of vaccinations, a citizen – that deviates from the norm.’
    Note that some of those policies at least avoid the home schooling issue by instead linking vaccination to family pay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Thousands protest against COVID-19 vaccination, Athens, Greece.

I'm so ashamed of my country. Like holy shit, just look at them. They're no hope for them, they're fucking sick.
    On a related note I had been looking into going to Greece - but then I looked at the recent increase in case numbers and decided otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    No. Sorry that the fact multiple governments mishandling a pandemic to the tune of millions of deaths being poor fodder for jokes is inconvenient to you.

Speaking of things that need to be banned.

Uh huh. Now do the kids who have legitimate medical reasons for nonvaccination being unable to attend school because of the personal choices of a few idiotic parents who spend too much time on Facebook.
    And obviously you would have done better

10+ Year Old Account
    Choices can have consequences. You just make sure those consequences are impactful.

Take the issue of vaccinating children. There's a simple solution. You want your kid to attend school? Present your proof of vaccinations. You don't have that? Then your kid is not attending school. And you're still obliged, as their parent, to have them educated. You can choose between quitting your job to stay home and home-school them full-time, finding a private school without a vaccine mandate (good frickin' luck, if they're standard in public schools), or paying out the nose for private tutors. Or having your kids taken from you because you don't get them educated, which means you're criminally neglectful and abusive and have no business having children in the first place. They'll be better off with foster parents who don't give much of a shit but at least get them vaccinated.

The only exceptions will be kids who have doctor confirmations that they're ineligible for vaccination for medical reasons (compromised immune system or the like). No religious objections or such allowed.

There. You've got a "choice". It isn't "forced". But you're still gonna end up complying.
    That only works in the US. In Germany, you do not have the option to "home school" your kiddo.
    With the exception of serious medical conditions, then a teacher visits your kiddo in the Hospital / at home.

In Germany you are forced to bring your kiddo to school. We basically have mandatory measles vaccination now, because as of 01.08.2021, new kiddos w/o vaccination against measles may no longer be accepted by the School. I think there are medical exceptions as well but the hurdles are high. Would have to ask my boss about it. Same goes for new teachers/pedagogic staff.

If we can do that for the measles and people accept it, why not with C19? If this is so "baaad and horrrrrible" as everyone says, this should be a no-brainer (once vaccines are fully approved). Yet our govt continuously repeats the mantra of "no mandatory vaccination is coming".

Yah, well don't be surprised if people say "no" if you give them the choice and send mixed signals to boot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    The number of fully vaccinated people that die from the virus is not zero.
    They never will be. Oo
    Why would you even expect that?

Hell, there are people dying to the common cold too. If you have a pre-existing condition, a vaccine can only prevent so much.
    If the death- and hospitalization count are low enough, then it no longer warrants drastic measures.
    The few people that die will have to be accepted, as with any other illness out there.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get it, why are they waving crosses around? Some kind of mass-exorcism orgy?
    Last edited by Granyala; 2021-07-16 at 09:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I don't get it, why are they waving crosses around? Some kind of mass-exorcism orgy?
    It's a cheap prop to use "Freedumb of religion" as a way to get out of things.
    "My religion says I can't do X, so here's a giant cross to show my religion. It's so big and crossy. Crucifixy even. I'm religious!"
    ...shouldn't there be a brown skinned middle eastern Jew on that thing?
    "HOW DARE YOU!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Of course it's not stupid, though the arguments against it are pretty laughable. It'll be added to the mandated list here in the states for sure once they pass full FDA authorization, at least in blue states.

Man, I'm so glad to see some mask mandates coming back because some people won't won't get vaccinated so the virus is still spreading and still risks infecting vaccinated people (even if symptoms are usually greatly reduced or not present at all).

I can't wait for what new strains will mutate because people are delicate snowflakes that believe in alien abductions.

I looked at WHO's page and found that they are undecided on mandatory covid-vaccinations in the future, and for some reason believe that it is better to actually talk to people and try to convince them that vaccinations are a good idea (and they also note that the vaccines neither are fully authorized nor available in sufficient numbers - they don't think prioritizing kids in the rich countries over adults in poorer countries is a good idea). https://www.who.int/publications/i/i...ination-2021.1

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, I'm so glad to see some mask mandates coming back because some people won't won't get vaccinated so the virus is still spreading and still risks infecting vaccinated people (even if symptoms are usually greatly reduced or not present at all).

I can't wait for what new strains will mutate because people are delicate snowflakes that believe in alien abductions.
    On a slightly serious note, this is literally how those post-apocalyptic stories start out. Extreme "flu" goes world wide, mutates, and then we're living in caves or on islands fighting off the zombies. Or whatever.

This thing is going to continue to mutate. Delta Variant is already going around and is much faster, more contagious, and kills more people.

I'm so ashamed of my country. Like holy shit, just look at them. They're no hope for them, they're fucking sick.
    Let's just say since I am planning my vacation in Greece during August these people make me a bit more worried about country being locked down again... I am sorry that you have to suffer them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Tories are trying to create a super virus. They couldn't be bothered to deal with the virus to begin with they always wanted to do herd immunity by letting it spread and purge the weak, because they generally believe it wont kill them and their class loves a bit of eugenics. And now we are going back to that because they are incapable of doing anything beyond wondering how much tax payer money they can pocket, what they are having for dinner and where they are getting their next blowjob from, especially Boris. Disgusting cunts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    On a slightly serious note, this is literally how those post-apocalyptic stories start out. Extreme "flu" goes world wide, mutates, and then we're living in caves or on islands fighting off the zombies. Or whatever.

This thing is going to continue to mutate. Delta Variant is already going around and is much faster, more contagious, and kills more people.
    We got us some Captain Trumps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    And now Cruz is trying to claim that Texas going to hell in a handbasket is because of "Illegal Aliens being released into communities" rather than their anti-vaxxers.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

This thread has just become Forogil spitting truths and everyone else harping on about politics