Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    No more of this? How awful....

Wisconsin School District Provides ‘Sexually Explicit’ Books To Third-Graders; Material Teaches Students How To Use ‘Sex Apps’
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/wisco...o-use-sex-apps
    Yet even more fear mongering BS Culture Wars from idiotic right wingers who are uneducated ignorant or willfully ignorant Anti-Intellectual Anti-Vaxxers etc..., that book that is just a collection of stories from 300 LGBT people.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2021-07-16 at 08:44 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

No more of this? How awful....

Wisconsin School District Provides ‘Sexually Explicit’ Books To Third-Graders; Material Teaches Students How To Use ‘Sex Apps’
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/wisco...o-use-sex-apps
    You might as well have linked OANN or Fox News. Daily Wire is just Ben Shapiro's bullshit and just as fake.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it doesn't.

1) It's literally a young adult book, and it being in the database does not mean it is being used as teaching material or that librarians actually are letting kids "as young as 8 or 9" read it.
    2) This Book is Gay is basically baby's first introduction to the LGBT community and its talk of sex apps and the like is in a context of discussing how people in the community have found ways to find each other given that it's kinda hard to spot it on sight. But again, it's aimed at young adults, not kids.

Y'all should be required to read whatever books you complain about before you're allowed to have an opinion, tbh. But then again I'm not surprised you lot automatically assume anything to do with queer people must be sexual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    No it doesn't.

1) It's literally a young adult book, and it being in the database does not mean it is being used as teaching material or that librarians actually are letting kids "as young as 8 or 9" read it.
    2) This Book is Gay is basically baby's first introduction to the LGBT community and its talk of sex apps and the like is in a context of discussing how people in the community have found ways to find each other given that it's kinda hard to spot it on sight. But again, it's aimed at young adults, not kids.

Y'all should be required to read whatever books you complain about before you're allowed to have an opinion, tbh. But then again I'm not surprised you lot automatically assume anything to do with queer people must be sexual.
    Well, being queer and all that is all about sexuality, sexual identity, etc... so I would not want my kid of about 8-9 year old to hear about that at that age.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Well, being queer and all that is all about sexuality, sexual identity, etc...
    No it isn't, this is why the term "sexual preference" is inaccurate and offensive.

so I would not want my kid of about 8-9 year old to hear about that at that age.
    Well yes, we know you wouldn't because you lot desperately hope by erasing queer people from the public eye you can prevent your kids from turning out to be one of them.

It doesn't work like that and all you end up with is a bunch of kids that are even more confused and likely to act in unsafe ways because they're not able to properly contextualize their feelings due to a complete lack of information. Oh, and they end up hating you for being shitty parents, to boot.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2021-07-16 at 10:22 AM.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

No it isn't, this is why the term "sexual preference" is inaccurate and offensive.

Well yes, we know you wouldn't because you lot desperately hope by erasing queer people you can prevent your kids from turning out to be one of them.

It doesn't work like that and all you end up with is a bunch of kids that are even more confused because they're not able to properly contextualize their feelings due to a complete lack of information.
    That is why I said "and all that" because there are so many more things about that subject, but I still find that kid of 8-9 years old are too young for that subject.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is why I said "and all that" because there are so many more things about that subject, but I still find that kid of 8-9 years old are too young for that subject.
    Then you're protesting a strawman because "and all that" isn't being taught to kids.

Then you're protesting a strawman because "and all that" isn't being taught to kids.
    By all that, I also mean even discuss with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    By all that, I also mean even discuss with them.
    Okay. So you're telling me you don't teach your kids about things like bad touching and stranger danger?

Because that is also fundamentally sexual content. It just is communicated in a context that is appropriate for kids.

Okay. So you're telling me you don't teach your kids about things like bad touching and stranger danger?

Because that is also fundamentally sexual content. It just is communicated in a context that is appropriate for kids.
    How is that related to Queer or whatever ?

10+ Year Old Account
    How is that related to Queer or whatever ?
    Because a) it shows a shitty double standard on your part regarding "keep sex away from kids" when in order to do that, they need to have the ability to recognize what it is (hence the use of contextually appropriate terms), and b) saying "queer people exist" isn't sexual content regardless.

Basically, you don't have a leg to stand on for your pro-erasure attitude. Just like all the parent activists.

Because a) it shows a shitty double standard on your part regarding "keep sex away from kids" when in order to do that, they need to have the ability to recognize what it is (hence the use of contextually appropriate terms) , and b) saying "queer people exist" isn't sexual content regardless.
    Or that you do not have kids and have no idea how to handle/raise one and educate one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or that you do not have kids and have no idea how to handle one and educate one.
    I was literally a public school teacher for years before getting into healthcare, bruh.

I've also, you know, been a kid.

I was literally a public school teacher for years before getting into healthcare, bruh.

I've also, you know, been a kid.
    so ? Teacher is about teaching, not education. Awkward I should have to tell you that. And kids, usually, do not know what is "good" for them. If I had to let my kid do what she wants to do

10+ Year Old Account
    so ? Teacher is about teaching, not education.
    Okay. Prove it.

Otherwise:

Okay. Prove it.

Otherwise:

If you can't see the difference between the two, you are far too lost for me to "educate" you.

And one thing remain for sure, you have no kid and no idea how to raise one. And I won't let a random shitty poster on a second class forum tell me how to raise mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can't see the difference between the two, you are far too lost for me to "educate" you.
    The classic deflection for people who can't support their arguments.

So you can't prove it, then?

And I won't let a random shitty poster on a second class forum tell me how to raise mine.
    Don't come crying to us when you need someone to take care of you in later life but your kid's cut off all contact with you for being a shitty and intolerant parent, then. That's usually what happens to homophobes with queer kids, lol.

The classic deflection for people who can't support their arguments.

So you can't prove it, then?

Don't come crying to us when you need someone to take care of you in later life but your kid's cut off all contact with you for being a shitty and intolerant parent, then. That's usually what happens to homophobes with queer kids, lol.
    I am pretty sure you are old enough to type :"difference teaching and education" on Google.

And one thing remain for sure, you have no kid and no idea how to raise one. And I won't let a random shitty poster on a second class forum tell me how to raise mine.
    I have kids and you are an idiot if you think you can keep your children away from things like that. All you are doing is leaving them open to their peers or god forbid the internet to teach them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty sure you are old enough to type :"difference teaching and education" on Google.
    Pretty sure I asked you to support your argument and you're doing everything in your power to avoid it.

No hun, I'm not doing your homework for you. Put up or shut up, Mister Hooke.