Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    You people have been talking about this "tinker" class for like 8+ years now

give it a rest, it's not happening
    Like Demon Hunter?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uncl55 View Post
    no, we already have enough classes.
    And all the Hero Classes have been melee. Time for a Ranged Hero Class. Tinker fits that bill.

And here we go again.. Why couldn't this be posted in tinker thread #690. Why did we need number 691 about tinkers?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Like Demon Hunter?

- - - Updated - - -

And all the Hero Classes have been melee. Time for a Ranged Hero Class. Tinker fits that bill.
    Tinker fanboys, champions of moving the goal post. Every time "omg next expansion for sure." Nothing happens"omg nobody said next expansion! It will be the following one for sure"

10+ Year Old Account
    we're all just cogs in the machine of life man....

But honest the only thing that could make me resub is having Tinkers at this point, its such a dumb thing to resub for but I am pretty dumb :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    You people have been talking about this "tinker" class for like 8+ years now

give it a rest, it's not happening
    Well. Of course. Tinker is in the lore after all. Quite an old one too. The furthest I recall back is the wishes for Tinker around the end of Vanilla.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Zovaal being mainly a force of Order confirmed then. At least his portal and music after the Sylvanas fight pretty much implies that.
    Zovaal is a being of Death, not Order.

Quote Originally Posted by uncl55 View Post
    no, we already have enough classes.
    But, we don't have a tech-based one.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Seemed like gears of clockwork for time.

So unless Tinkers are time-related like that one Hearthstone time-tinker, I ain't seeing it.
    On the other hand, Chromie doesn't have anything related to gears. If they wanted to represent time, why not put an hourglass?

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    You're reading too much into it.
    ?

You said they were hinting at future things in game. How does Elunaria not serve as a Titanic hint?

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    And here we go again.. Why couldn't this be posted in tinker thread #690. Why did we need number 691 about tinkers?
    Because i'm not Teriz?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well...we don't know? But...speculation goes back to at least 2013...has to happen any day now, don't you think? ^^

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...r-class-in-WoW
    This is not a thread advocating for Tinkers.

I'm simply wondering if Tinkers would come alongside a Titan expansion, instead of an Undermine one, for example.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-07-16 at 11:13 AM.

I applaud and cheer all creative and bold directions deeper into the cosmology and high fantasy. Albeit it takes huge amounts of time to get a small piece of that and I think Blizzard need to strongly improve their release cadence.

As for Tinker and Titans... The force of Order represents the Arcane, it always has. The Titan powers are fueled by arcane energy. Secondary to that they also create mechanical constructs powered by arcane magic to serve whatever purpose they deem. The Keepers, the Titan facilities, other constructs like MOTHER, but also arcane beings like Algalon. Furthermore, all higher expressions of arcane mastery include magical constructs, for example the Eredar constructs on Argus or the Dalaran constructs. And then.. the pre-curse of flesh Humans, Gnomes, Dwarves, they were titan constructs.

What we see in this is that those mechanical beings are tools, instruments created for a purpose. They are not a class nor a race. Unless we get a race of sentient constructs, which we could have instead of the Mechagnone grotesque abominations. I doubt they will repeat it.

What they may do is a new type of arcane user that has an aspect of using titan technology or is otherwise empowered by it similar to how the Lightforged are imbued by the Light. That is what seems logical to me. However, as we saw with the amateur lore behind the Void Elves, they can take a good concept and completely mismanage it with ridiculous writing.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post

Why would a mount represent an entire cosmological force? it doesn't make any sense...
    Got me there. But it is a Gearglider. Go compare it yourself if you don't believe me. It has the same four fire orbs, same long and short gear teeth, same design in the center.

Its a gearglider.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Like Demon Hunter?
    People haven't been making threads about Demon Hunter for 8+ years, constantly saying "next expac for sure".

Shoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    I applaud and cheer all creative and bold directions deeper into the cosmology and high fantasy. Albeit it takes huge amounts of time to get a small piece of that and I think Blizzard need to strongly improve their release cadence.

As for Tinker and Titans... The force of Order represents the Arcane, it always has. The Titan powers are fueled by arcane energy. Secondary to that they also create mechanical constructs powered by arcane magic to serve whatever purpose they deem. The Keepers, the Titan facilities, other constructs like MOTHER, but also arcane beings like Algalon. Furthermore, all higher expressions of arcane mastery include magical constructs, for example the Eredar constructs on Argus or the Dalaran constructs. And then.. the pre-curse of flesh Humans, Gnomes, Dwarves, they were titan constructs.

What we see in this is that those mechanical beings are tools, instruments created for a purpose. They are not a class nor a race. Unless we get a race of sentient constructs, which we could have instead of the Mechagnone grotesque abominations. I doubt they will repeat it.

What they may do is a new type of arcane user that has an aspect of using titan technology or is otherwise empowered by it similar to how the Lightforged are imbued by the Light. That is what seems logical to me. However, as we saw with the amateur lore behind the Void Elves, they can take a good concept and completely mismanage it with ridiculous writing.
    The only mechanical titan creation is Mimiron, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Got me there. But it is a Gearglider. Go compare it yourself if you don't believe me. It has the same four fire orbs, same long and short gear teeth, same design in the center.

Its a gearglider.
    I know it is. But, there's more to it than that. They wouldn't just put a mount in something as significant as the cosmology chart.

On the other hand, Chromie doesn't have anything related to gears. If they wanted to represent time, why not put an hourglass?
    I'm talking sbout Toki, the Gnome Time-Tinker, not Chromie.

?

You said they were hinting at future things in game. How does Elunaria not serve as a Titanic hint?
    We don't need a hint at whether Titan homeworlds exist, Ion already laid it out that they do and we haven't been to one.

What I'm talking about is Blizzard needs to seed an actual *name* to this location before we're going to head there. We know other realms and worlds have existed since WoD and Chronicles, so that's not a surprise or a hint. Argus being known as the Draenei homeworld is a seeded name. K'aresh being a known Ethereal homeworld is a seeded name. Even Xoroth is a name known to us, even if there are no plans to go to this place. We have no information on this Titan homeworld yet in game, so it's not likely that we'd get to explore it until we at least have it known to us beforehand.

Elunaria has nothing to do with Titan Homeworlds, it was just the world where here World Soul ended up resting at. So whatever information you're looking at for hints toward the actual Titan Homeworld is just looking too deep into a place that has no real connection to the Homeworlds in the first place.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-07-16 at 03:41 PM.

Titans, being pretty much the technical pinnacle of the franchise as we know it, introducing a class of glorified amateurs with barely working tech seems kinda... lame. Titans being represented by something like an extremely crude cogwheel is just the depth of technical knowledge for most artists..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I know.

But that gnome is a combination of both tinker and mage.

If they wanted to represent time alone, they would have put an hourglass or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    We don't need a hint at whether Titan homeworlds exist, Ion already laid it out that they do and we haven't been to one.

What I'm talking about is Blizzard needs to seed an actual *name* to this location before we're going to head there. We know other realms and worlds have existed since WoD and Chronicles, so that's not a surprise or a hint. Argus being known as the Draenei homeworld is a seeded name. K'aresh being a known Ethereal homeworld is a seeded name. Even Xoroth is a name known to us, even if there are no plans to go to this place. We have no information on this Titan homeworld yet in game, so it's not likely that we'd get to explore it until we at least have it known to us beforehand.

Elunaria has nothing to do with Titan Homeworlds, it was just the world where here World Soul ended up resting at. So whatever information you're looking at for hints toward the actual Titan Homeworld is just looking too deep into a place that has no real connection to the Homeworlds in the first place.
    What? i don't think that's how it works. We don't, necessarily, need to know its name in order to visit it. Nor does it need to be mentioned by name. Look at Pandaria. Wrathion just tells us, at the end of Cataclysm, that a new land shrouded by mist was rumored to be discovered.

I didn't mean Elunaria had a direct connection to the Titan homeworld. I meant that it serves as a hint towards titanic themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Titans, being pretty much the technical pinnacle of the franchise as we know it, introducing a class of glorified amateurs with barely working tech seems kinda... lame. Titans being represented by something like an extremely crude cogwheel is just the depth of technical knowledge for most artists..
    None of the titans are really tech savvy. Their creation is, though (Mimiron).

I know.

But that gnome is a combination of both tinker and mage.

If they wanted to represent time alone, they would have put an hourglass or something.
    "This clockwork universe" - Aeonus

The comparisons to clockwork in reference to the universe have been made before. It's not surprising.
    Last edited by Razion; 2021-07-16 at 04:30 PM.

No. There will never be a Tinker class.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Toki, Time-Tinker is a gnome featured in the The Witchwood expansion for Hearthstone. A friend of Chronormu, Toki is a time traveler who tinkers with bending time and alternate timelines and is able to create time portals to call for help from legends of the past.[1] Toki represents the "Time-Tinker" class"

Sounds pretty plausible. We could see time travel hub in the 10.0 and the tinker class as well ? Cartel looks like one magic coghweel. Just sayin. Pure speculation.

Tinkers use our Azerothian tech. Why would they be involved in an expansion with tech far beyond our own and why would they still be tossing around our shit after finding titan tech? And if they do covert to titan tech you might as well call them laser knights or some shit because the abilities would be so different it would be like a different class.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    "Toki, Time-Tinker is a gnome featured in the The Witchwood expansion for Hearthstone. A friend of Chronormu, Toki is a time traveler who tinkers with bending time and alternate timelines and is able to create time portals to call for help from legends of the past.[1] Toki represents the "Time-Tinker" class"

Sounds pretty plausible. We could see time travel hub in the 10.0 and the tinker class as well ? Cartel looks like one magic coghweel. Just sayin. Pure speculation.
    Well, I still don't think it's a very likely outcome. Precedent in Hearthstone isn't too reliable, but demonstrates it could be possible in the setting but usually isn't made to be. Would be if more freedom was given to WoW to be more care-free and fun with its lore, but lore of recent years is considered very serious business. As far as potential Tinker from a gear icon in a book go, it's a little off-topic at that point. Anyway, more likely I think is that the cog more is symbolic of Order's place in the cosmos as something that builds things and constructs. Titans are tinkers on kind of a cosmic level, but I wouldn't consider that indicative of a new class or anything. We met with the Titans in Legion, and that didn't exactly lead to a new class. Like, what're we gonna do - visit a Titan home-world or something and suddenly get an interest in Tinkering like they do? It just seems a little far-fetched, when they have had so much opportunity in the past with all the Titan construction and areas over the years to introduce it just as easily. Like, it's not impossible, just not very likely I think when we've seen so much precedent and yet consistently it's been something that has been routinely avoided. It's like 'the one thing that will not happen'. (To be frank, not fond of Tinkers. Not really here nor there, though.)

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post

I think that's actually a pretty cool idea.

I do have a feeling we're heading towards an Infinite Dragonflight enemy expansion, like 'World of Warcraft: Infinite', so this class would be an interesting twist to tie in Tinkers and give them an interesting twist.

People haven't been making threads about Demon Hunter for 8+ years, constantly saying "next expac for sure".

Shoo.
    Yeah they had been?

Last edited by muto; 2021-07-16 at 06:23 PM.