Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    "Did you enjoy Shadowlands?"
    No.
    "What sort of storyline you prefer next expansion?"
    One not made by the current writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I don't really want smaller stories dealing with human v orcs anymore. It's old and tired, and politics/war are incredibly dull to me. I want to explore things I can't possibly relate to or imagine in my wildest dreams. Take me on an adventure, like the original Star Wars trilogy, not the back & forth political exposition of the prequels, for example.
    I want stories that make me feel powerful, important, and most of all doesn't feel like a grind just to see the story. Could be why I'm playing FFXIV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I still can't get over how we just stopped trying to rescue the runecarver.. instead of at least trying to get him out of there. We didn't even try, instead we brought the sigil right there.. if this was a TTRPG it would be considered criminally bad rail-roading from the DM.
    It’s almost like Sylvanas saying “I will never serve” after serving the Jailer for some time, and then shooting an arrow at him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    I want stories that make me feel powerful, important, and most of all doesn't feel like a grind just to see the story. Could be why I'm playing FFXIV.
    To each their own. I always felt like the story in FFXIV was trying to drag me to the most uninteresting parts of the world instead of where I actually wanted to explore. They could also use with some better environmental design for that kind of storytelling. For once I'd like to go someplace and see a story happening without it being told to me through long-winded exposition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    The storyline is childish since WotLK; the last time I saw an interesting story in WoW was the tragic love story of Illidan; or at least that's how it looks if you look at the major themes spammed to you.
    The game itself is an unecessary grind since MoP; they spam you with microtransactions and daily chores necessary to be optimal; they seem to feed on addiction of players.
    It was better before MoP; you could immediately drop into hard core instances and stay only there; but I guess they prefer addiction money to a higher total of players.
    Or even:

"You place the worthless pendant on the grave, and the gemstone within the setting seems to dull noticeably.

As you stand to leave, you look down at the pendant; it lies lifelessly over the hands of the relief sculpted into the top of the coffin. Your thoughts are interrupted by a stiff, cool breeze passing over the Sepulcher. For a moment everything around you is silent."

I do not like the cosmic storylines of fighting Legion/Old Gods/Void Lords/Light/Death pantheon. I'd prefer another grounded MoP style expansion where you're interacting with relatively low tier stuff and exploring new parts of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    It’s almost like Sylvanas saying “I will never serve” after serving the Jailer for some time, and then shooting an arrow at him.
    Add to that that she shot it right at his fully armored face, instead of the gaping hole in his chest.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I think it devalues living even more. What is the point of living a normal mortal live as something like a human or tauren when an eternity awaits you in the shadowlands that will overshadow everything you do. Living past your prime is practically pointless now that we know, one of the reasons why I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard actually broke the shadowlands entirely by the end, as they currently have written themselves in a corner that they only get out if they let the janitor keep winning some more.

Pretty much totally agree. And it sucks too, because as a whole, I really do like the overall theme and aesthetic of Shadowlands, and if they set this up as another dimensional plane, I would have been totally on board with the whole concept, especially with the Maw.

But Shadowlands basically writing off death as a minor inconvenience to literally everyone just kind of devalues a lot of the stakes, as you said.

For a tiny moment I thought they could of been onto something, with the Lich King helm being used to jump into the afterlife. But by now, I'm not sure they really did much with this whole angle and I'm disappointed that this was the continuation of the Lich King story. In hindsight, a more straightforward followup to WotLK might have worked better for me. Though that might not be what people want, I'm guessing.

I don't know what will excite me for the next expac story. The expac reveal cinematic alone hasn't done much for me after Legion. A smaller scale expac would be nice but Blizz seems to strongly tie that with faction war stuff. After BFA, I don't really look forward to seeing that handled again.

5+ Year Old Account
    Add to that that she shot it right at his fully armored face, instead of the gaping hole in his chest.
    Lol, is this the way they are trying to redeem Sylv in the eyes of a good portion of the playerbase? Because you can't really get angry with a blathering idiot such as her...
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I liked the Kyrians and unlike a lot of people I still think their way is best. Purging previous life experience is necessary otherwise you pave the way for more abusing their powers for either biased or preferential treatment towards souls. Their system arguably wasn't a problem until the anima drought forced aspirants to undergo more than usual because they couldn't ascend.

I liked the theme of Revendreth, although, the process of getting out of there seemed unclear. Ardenweald was the most boring, grindy place I've done since probably Hyjal in Cata. Everything else can DIAF. Sick and tired of Sylvanas (who sure seems like she's becoming the protagonist of the story) and Anduin, don't care about the Jailer.

I've been #teamrevamp for awhile. I miss EK and Kalimdor and I hate that they're trapped in the awful Cata timeline. I also think it's stupid that after 1) the cataclysm and 2) faction wars that have led to losses in territories and refugees that we're not focusing on domestic affairs. I have a bad feeling WoW is going to turn into that RPG meme where your first quest is to rescue a cat and the last quest is to kill god.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

After the writing quality of BfA and SL, I don't think the next expansion will be any good. The recent ending cinematic from the new raid shows the writers are inconsistent as fuck and are not planning on writing interesting stories. they're just going for rule of cool and shock value. WoW's story is just....dead imo

Dont have even half a clue what the fuck is going on in SL, but thats mostly because I had sub zero interest in the story from the beginning. There wasnt a single storyline that I was at all interested in, so I basically put the blinkers on and tried to focus on enjoying the gameplay - this was a mistake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    After the writing quality of BfA and SL, I don't think the next expansion will be any good. The recent ending cinematic from the new raid shows the writers are inconsistent as fuck and are not planning on writing interesting stories. they're just going for rule of cool and shock value. WoW's story is just....dead imo
    I honestly thought BfA might have just been a one off. I had no interest in the story at all, although i did find Bwonsamdi to at least be an interesting character. Sadly, that was not the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think once they got rid of the Legion that was kinda it for wow story wise. They can write new crap, maybe some next lich King crap but the Legion was reign of chaos so yea.

We need a bigger plot!

Next expansion MUST be about the multi-verse. The epic multi-verse level cosmic entity. They are the one that is controlling everything the whole time. From classic to Shadowland everything is within their plan!!

Journey to a different universe, experience a new and exciting alternative universe to meet Arthas once again!! With all the familiar heroes, as players we get to watch them work together to destroy the new bigger more dangerous threat facing the multi-verse!

yes i enjoyed

- - - Updated - - -

you dont enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I don't really want smaller stories dealing with human v orcs anymore. It's old and tired, and politics/war are incredibly dull to me. I want to explore things I can't possibly relate to or imagine in my wildest dreams. Take me on an adventure, like the original Star Wars trilogy, not the back & forth political exposition of the prequels, for example.
    The original trilogy was just a movie for kids with princess and knights in space. Boring.
    The prequels were way more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yeah.. 'had' that ability, and the game grew from it. It is something I'd like back, without having to play curator in Classic, and replay content I've already played to death. If you wanna be the main piece of the world, then a single-player RPG is more your thing. In an MMORPG, I've always had the understanding that the player should just be a piece of the larger puzzle and not the main prop.
    Agagin, you already have classic. Stop trying t remake the retail back to that version when you already have what you want available.

- - - Updated - - -

I still can't get over how we just stopped trying to rescue the runecarver.. instead of at least trying to get him out of there. We didn't even try, instead we brought the sigil right there.. if this was a TTRPG it would be considered criminally bad rail-roading from the DM.
    Except we did get him out of there. It was the Primus and he left a vision of the runecarver behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Agagin, you already have classic. Stop trying t remake the retail back to that version when you already have what you want available.
    But I do not have what I wish to see available? Classic is not that option, for I am not interested in the replay, I'm interested in the progression of the world. We are, as we can see on the charts, meant to be the little ones, so stop making us up as the big guns.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't you play that part of the story?

We saved the Runecarver. He was, to not many people's surprise, the Primus. As we escape with him, he leaves behind a copy to assist the future Maw Walkers who seek him out.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I knew from the get go that Shadowlands wasn't going to be my cup of tea. I like a much more grounded game that lets me explore Azeroth, be a part of that game world. I like having some political intrigue, being able to affect the world around me. In essence, something more sandbox and less of a story railroad.

Shadowands, taking me out of Azeroth, putting me on a very narrow path of a story, and having all the subtlety of an elephant with a chainsaw, was never going to work for me.