Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    What I hate about this is that I can ABSOLUTELY see Blizzard doing something this dumb with the story.
    Yes! Do something that would outrage the greatest number of people(at least those who follow the story).

Wait, what if Azeroth herself is a First One who incarnated herself onto the material plane to better understand mortals. And if Sylvanas is Azeroth in mortal form, that would make Sylvanas a First One as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Yes! Do something that would outrage the greatest number of people(at least those who follow the story).

Wait, what if Azeroth herself is a First One who incarnated herself onto the material plane to better understand mortals. And if Sylvanas is Azeroth in mortal form, that would make Sylvanas a First One as well!
    After seeing how terrible the writing Shadowlands has been, I can't even rule this out anymore. And that hurts my head.

- - - Updated - - -

It hurts that I can't even say "There's no way this can happen" with any trace of certainty.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    It hurts that I can't even say "There's no way this can happen" with any trace of certainty.
    The thing is something like that.
    Blizzard: I have something very good in mind.
    Fans: It's A and it sucks, for this, this and this.
    Blizzard: This is not A.

After a while.
    Blizzard: It's A
    Fans: It sucks

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Or she just didn't want Tyrande to sacrifice herself for that.
    I like that version. It lends sympathy towards Shandris's perspective of prioritizing moving forward over vengeance, while still making sense that it would piss Tyrande off and make her feel abandoned.

Denying her vengeance out of concern for Tyrande's well-being? That is prime moral conflict territory. All my chips on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I like that version. It lends sympathy towards Shandris's perspective of prioritizing moving forward over vengeance, while still making sense that it would piss Tyrande off and make her feel abandoned.

Denying her vengeance out of concern for Tyrande's well-being? That is prime moral conflict territory. All my chips on that.
    This is shit writing, that's what it is.
    Relinquish all anger and vengeance for forgiveness and compassion? hell no!

I prefer the version where it is due to a bargain Elune made.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    <snip>
    I like it, but it could use some more humiliation for Tyrande. I stand by my idea of making Tyrande seek her own redemption for misjudging Sylvanas by asking Elune to make her a Blood Elf. That's peak stupidity right there, which makes it perfect WoW lore material.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I like it, but it could use some more humiliation for Tyrande. I stand by my idea of making Tyrande seek her own redemption for misjudging Sylvanas by asking Elune to make her a Blood Elf. That's peak stupidity right there, which makes it perfect WoW lore material.
    No no. She becomes undead and is the new leader of the forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    No no. She becomes undead and is the new leader of the forsaken.
    I think you mean she becomes undead and is a Sylvanas Loyalist. Sylvanas is the eternal of the Forsaken

It would be the icing on the cake for blizzard storytelling.
    Do you hear the voices too?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    No no. She becomes lightforged undead and is the new leader of the forsaken.
    I guess we already have something close enough
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Hot damn.

So as much as I hate my own theory, it looks like this cinematic actually.... makes more connections.

- Elune allowed Teldrassil to burn and the Night Elves to die, and may be indicating a reason why she was not as proactive in its defense
    - Elune gives Tyrande a choice in how to use her power; for Vengeance, or Renewal. Keyword: CHOICE.
    - With the Winter Queen confirming that it is possible to redeem the Night Elf souls, Elune will likely look towards finding a way to do it

So how does Sylvanas play into all this?

- Elune is likely going to need a new champion who will fight to redeem the Night Elf souls from the Maw. Who knows the Maw better than Sylvanas?
    - Sylvanas never had a CHOICE, and the current story may be progressing towards Elune giving her a choice to redeem herself, by empowering her to take on the Night Warrior powers to enact VENGEANCE on Zovaal. Sylvanas would be the dark Night Warrior counterpart to Tyrande's light side.

Man, I hate Elune even more now. What the fuck!
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-07-27 at 05:13 PM.

I think Sylvanas becoming Night Warrior of Elune and fighting for the sake of the souls of Teldrassil might be the dumbest, the most pathetic, and the most insulting outcome Blizzard could come up with.

Lightbound Garrosh becoming the High King of the Light-crazed Alliance and donning a lion Paladin armour would make more sense.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

That video made me think of the Il'gynoth quote: "The light has made a deal with the enemy of all.

Maybe Elune was duped into letting them all die thinking their souls were bound for Ardenweald. She seems unaware that the Arbiter has been broken for some time, so she's powerful, just not omnipotent.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    Maybe Elune was duped into letting them all die thinking their souls were bound for Ardenweald. She seems unaware that the Arbiter has been broken for some time, so she's powerful, just not omnipotent.
    You're thinking of omniscient, not omnipotent.

Omniscient = all-knowing
    Omnipotent = all-powerful

Clearly Elune is neither

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I think Sylvanas becoming Night Warrior of Elune and fighting for the sake of the souls of Teldrassil might be the dumbest, the most pathetic, and the most insulting outcome Blizzard could come up with.
    Now it's going to happen for sure.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    And this is exactly why it's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    - Elune gives Tyrande a choice in how to use her power; for Vengeance, or Renewal. Keyword: CHOICE.
    DPS or Healer?

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertColvert View Post

seems like Blizz really hate nightelves
    Blizz has always hated Night Elves, and I say this as a horde player.

The story seems like it has been written by a committee, all working separately with zero communication and each one given a scene to develop. All they need to now is add pirates and ninjas.

I'm thinking the final boss will have bunny ears. lol.