Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    It’s too early to say wether the story is good because whole plot has not revealed itself yet but I have feeling it’s going to be amazing.
    What? XD
    Dear child...

@OP
    I also prefer the initial wc setting rather than cosmology sh*t

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    We did not kill titans. Sargeras did. It’s too early to say wether the story is good because whole plot has not revealed itself yet but I have feeling it’s going to be amazing.
    No, he did not.

What gave you the idea he did?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Didn't you play that part of the story?

We saved the Runecarver. He was, to not many people's surprise, the Primus. As we escape with him, he leaves behind a copy to assist the future Maw Walkers who seek him out.
    Of course I did, now after the first patch. During all the first patch we just freed one of his hands and just let him hang their like a broken toy instead of trying to get him out of there. We also didn't even free him really, we fell into a trap and he freed himself once he had his memories back. The problem is we could have gotten him out of there and then given him this memory, the only reason why the janitor has his sigil is because we acted dumb and lazy again. Not to mention that after finding a few of his memories it became clear that him being imprisoned there is only to our detriment, as he clearly holds great power but little love for zovaal.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And to answer OP's question... no. I left. Was super excited at first and having Ysera get res'd was great, but this expansion's story is too grand for the mere mortals writing it.

Moving on.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

No, repetitive, boring, cringe storyline. I just left after getting keystone master and curve and recently unninstalled battle.net and all its games. Have no faith in that company.

they need to give the story back to the players and the world and stop trying to be game of thrones

MMOs don't need to lean into their story so much

sandbox the world, put cool shit in it with a bunch of implied lore and nothing is explicitly explained, bring mystery back into the game

basically i'm saying the themepark model has got to go lol

I love Shadowlands so far, but i contribute most of that due to getting into raiding for the first time ever in wow. Story is coming around but the but the biggest problem initially was the Jailer coming out of nowhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I like a much more grounded game that lets me explore Azeroth, be a part of that game world. I like having some political intrigue, being able to affect the world around me. In essence, something more sandbox and less of a story railroad.

Shadowands, taking me out of Azeroth, putting me on a very narrow path of a story, and having all the subtlety of an elephant with a chainsaw, was never going to work for me.
    So feel you on this, the whole raiding scene is new to me and coming out of CN we got aotc in a 2-2-6, haven't been that challenged and had that much fun for far too long, but we lost 4 members to BCC which left so much up in the air that i rolled a couple alts to clear my head and started leveling them in BFA.

Day and night difference, and the way you put it nailed it, so much more grounded, the freedom to just quest over here or over there, i have two monitors and second one is on all the time, when i started leveling in BFA i turned it off omg i'm so immersed in to the world. In Shadowlands i've never turned it off.

This linear piecemeal approach feels like they got the idea from ffxiv, which is the entire reason i don't play that one, the hard on rails corridor is so meh.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFrag View Post
    Well hello. I simply didn't like this expansion. We have killed titans, now they want us to chase down an afterlife wrestler type villain. Storyline is not fitting WoW universe from my point of view. Covenant mandatory, unnecessary grind is not my type. I was watching Warcraft movie and orcs vs humans were very satisfying story , high elves maybe story of Arathor, 7 human kingdoms stuff. I watch warcraft 3 Medivh's warning to King Terenas, I still enjoy it.Ambassadors speaking, king listens ,Medivh appears, epic. So what do you think ?
    Well, the story so far is better than BfA, but we have some more patches to go. Mind you, I am not saying its good. In fact, its terrible.
    Oh my god.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    But I do not have what I wish to see available? Classic is not that option, for I am not interested in the replay, I'm interested in the progression of the world. We are, as we can see on the charts, meant to be the little ones, so stop making us up as the big guns.
    You literally asked for that. Stop trying to change retail when you already have a game that does what you want. Leave retail alone as is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Of course I did, now after the first patch. During all the first patch we just freed one of his hands and just let him hang their like a broken toy instead of trying to get him out of there. We also didn't even free him really, we fell into a trap and he freed himself once he had his memories back. The problem is we could have gotten him out of there and then given him this memory, the only reason why the janitor has his sigil is because we acted dumb and lazy again. Not to mention that after finding a few of his memories it became clear that him being imprisoned there is only to our detriment, as he clearly holds great power but little love for zovaal.
    We freed him. He would not have been able to free himself without us giving him his memories. You are just trying to spin to avoid admitting you were wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope that Zovaal deletes the universe, everything is gone, and we start with a new Azeroth.

Wow 2.0 Vanilla, new engine, new zones (but alike), dragons, humans, orcs, basic.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

No, I did not unfortunately. Like many others have said, I would have preferred a different setting, i.e. something more grounded in Azeroth or pulling from existing lore like Dragon Isles or the underground realms of Northrend (Azjol-Nerub).

Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    Sum 1 said... "Best update WoW has had in the last 5 years was WoW Classic and that update removed 17 years of previous updates" sad truth.
    only thing sad about that is someone actualy thinks its true...
    shadowlands is definitely not their "best" expansion, its kind of... average, not too good, not too bad, but hell its still much better than classic...
    not to mention in last 5 years we had legion, which is considered one of best expansions...

Do people really want to see another expansion after this?

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Do people really want to see another expansion after this?
    why not, WOD was far worse and we wanted another expansion after...

I'm tired of the existential threats and Shadowlands was too much new weird lore too quickly. After the 9.1 raid end cinematic I just can't stand the new lore.

Therefor I would like the story to take a step back, no cosmic stuff, no universe ending threat. I want to see more smaller stories with a wider range of existing supporting characters and less of the faction leaders/big players.
    I'm going to do some real damage!

I'm enjoying it so far.

Personally I would love a more light hearted adventure expansion with brighter colors. Kinda tired of the 'savior of Azeroth' aspect that comes with our characters. I remember when they first added that in Wotlk (imo at least) with being able to cut in line either at Borean Tundra or Howling Fjord (i forget) basically because we were heroes and it was like a nod to what you accomplished in vanilla or tbc. Cool little thing at first but it has really snowballed and I'm just kinda tired of carrying that wherever we go. The solution might just be an adventure on a whole other planet where nobody knows about Azeroth and we're just simple adventurers coming there and trying to earn our rep. In terms of zones/raids I want less 'universe ending threat' and dark zones filled with death and just get more vibrant colors and perhaps focus on taking a dragon down or stopping a cartel of thieves. I'm sure a lot of people would find this underwhelming but you can only save the world so many times before it gets a bit.. dull.

SL doesnt taste right in my mouth.
    The story is this big epic mystery, but plays out as a linear filler-expansion that does not dive into anything. I feel like they were better at leaving small mysterious nuggets previously.
    Since there are so many mysterious in this alien place and almost nowhere to learn more except headcanon and some facts here and there that aint interesting; I kinda loose interest. It doesnt feel attached to WoW.
    They could release a Coca cola-expansion and it would feel similar to me, lol.

Also the timelimits, dailies and all that jazz has not been baked into the game as mutch, so its really showing how it is just there to time-gate and drag out a shallow expansion.

Even the main story is thin.
    Im a sucker for cliche-stories, but instead of leaving me hungry for more; The stories just STOP abrupt. Im not even curious, just slightly pissed. It would be like if you picked up the Master-sword in Ocarina of time, ended up in the temple in the future and get a message "tune in for more. Now farm some rupees and a big wallet as child-Link. You can also find secret caves with rupees and a black glove".
    Why didnt they stop earlier or later? So it at least would leave me wanted more instead of "REALLY? Now!?"

It just feels like they dont finnish the chapters, they just stop them

It doesnt help we had such a big wait for the new patch. Normally, the outside world would be the frosting on the cake. But ive had so mutch frosting that I dont want anymore and the cake is just a booring sponge lol

I would also like to add: PvP feels like a sudden death-match theese days. And I cant remember it being this unbalanced ever. With 0 experience, I can take my ilvl 210 DH and obliviate anyone in my path in mere seconds. Thats not right.
    Last edited by Rootsbum; 2021-07-16 at 02:56 PM.

So now thousands of Azerothians are hopping into- and out of the Shadowlands on a daily basis. The great mystery of 'what happens after we die?' is no longer a mystery, and yet daily life on Azeroth goes on exactly the same as before. You'd think that this'd be a profound, civilisation-altering revelation, but no.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    So now thousands of Azerothians are hopping into- and out of the Shadowlands on a daily basis. The great mystery of 'what happens after we die?' is no longer a mystery, and yet daily life on Azeroth goes on exactly the same as before. You'd think that this'd be a profound, civilisation-altering revelation, but no.
    i dont think we actualy left since we get into shadowlands (lorewise), so other than us nobody on azeroth yet knows

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    I like Uther story, i hate how he is presented as wrong, Kyrian are fanatics brainwashing cult and need to change dramatically
    I don't like Venthyr story, feel weird, they are just 'extra punish' before the maw, isn't having 1 punish layer in necrolord enough? (also having this fucking horrible zone helped a lot hating them)
    I don't like the idea of in-house fight in Necrolord, but i like it more than venthyr at least
    Night Fae.. i was expecting it to be more heaven, they have lot of problem to be the most peaceful nature beautiful place, still ok

So ironic the story i like most is Kyrian and that because of Uther showing how wrong they are, and it seems they will change and fix their wrongs
    And I flat out admit I'd enjoyed it a LOT more if patch was released 4 months ago, now i feel so low for so long, need a lot more of wow lore to like it again
    Uhhh... did we watch the same thing? Uther is not presented as bad at all. The entire introductory cinematic is the Kyrian being blind to the path. At the end of the whole campaign the result is that the Kyrian realize they need to change their ways because their dogma resulted in pushing too many of their own towards the influence of the Jailer.

Also, the Venthyr zone doesn't exist to punish. It *can* be a punishment to people, but only as a means to test their souls to see if they're capable of change, or realizing the error of their ways. Forcing someone to confront their ugly truths can be very painful, but necessary. There are multiple quests where you meet and see souls that are capable of redemption and not going to the Maw. When you find an instance of Denathrius' servants condemning people to the Maw unjustly, this is a catalyst for many to rebel against him. There seems to be a fundamental misunderstanding of what Revendreth's purpose is among the playerbase... players would say "well if X is in Revendreth and not the Maw, then NO ONE is too evil"... except that there are plenty of souls that do end up in the Maw after Revendreth because of that exact point. They are given a chance for repentance. Garrosh was in Revendreth at the start of SL, and then was in the Maw in 9.1... and we know why, he said he would never repent of his sins and was proud of them. That's the system working perfectly as intended.