Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    Bringing ML back wouldn't change that, they would be running full "helper" raids for each main and alt of 4 armor types
    ML means armor class splits is pointless. It forces fewer splits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Method defeats Painsmith Raznal after 127 pulls.
    Sco wasn't the problem.
    -=Retired Former World's Best Player=-

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    They’re right though… healer tuning has been bad, for at least 5 years three out of six specs have been by and large out of the meta.

When the main question is, “do we take two pallies, or two shammies?” while mistweaver rdruid and hpriest are nailed to the bench tier after tier, it’s… not great.

Meanwhile holy pally has been guaranteed a spot since… wrath? TBC?
    Let’s say they remove all the DR that they were complaining about so it’s just throughput
    In fights like guardian you would only bring healers with big burst then so there would still be a meta

Let’s say they gave all healers the same DR
    Well you would still only take certain healers

In a stream where you have a caster say that what the guilds in the race are doing isn’t going to be required for even the top 200 and then immediately after complain about them stacking classes in a fight that’s an obvious dps check…yeah sorry I can’t take that seriously

Also when you go off about the shards of domination, which I’ll agree is a dumb system but it’s pretty well explained how they drop on at least 10 fan sites, and say “blizzard needs to explain how these drops work”

Talking about how hps means absolutely nothing and how he doesn’t like healers who don’t do damage in their rotation and saying “well blizz won’t fix it because like chat they just don’t care that we only have two classes that do damage to heal and they prefer to just heal” when
    1. Eliminating a play style for the enjoyment of the minority who will work around it is better than eliminating it for the vast majority of players
    2. We have 3 classes that do damage in their rotation to heal the only thing is one has to use a certain talent build

This Limit stream is hilarious
    i5-3570k @ 4.5hz, 1.25v | EVGA GTX 980ti @ 1380MHz| 144hz

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    ML means armor class splits is pointless. It forces fewer splits.
    Instead of armor class splits you are running character splits

4 players one of each armor class and optimal amount of "helpers" to maximise the loot (30? I guess that would drop max loot)

Repeat that for each main and alt of 20-30 people roster, in top guilds how many alts people usually have? 2 minimum?

Yeah it totally forces less splits

10+ Year Old Account
    Limit 8/10.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

And Limit takes fatescribe.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

10+ Year Old Account
    The back and forth b etween Limit and Echo is great. Im excited to see how much of a PITA KT is.

thats such a easy boss. Method/echo will kill it with ease

Just saw the kill and got dizzy - what a stupid boss. xD

There will always be a meta, sure. But metas are supposed to change. Under the current setup Blizz seems ok with certain classes having structural advantages - paladins can do dps, disc with absorbs + dps, and shammy with spirit link - that are not offset by any obvious disadvantage.

I also like the argument that “it’s not required outside the top 200” - sure it’s not, but spirit link always makes fights easier, whether you’re talking heroic, normal, or mythic. Nobody is just gonna be like “whatever I’ll just play a bad class, I’m in a bad guild, we’re only world 500 so who cares?”
    That’s the same argument JD made
    You can bring a mw to mythic over a second priest because the fight will be needed to the point that it allows it

Outside of utility has shaman heals been strong in terms of throughput or are they only given a spot because of the fact they are a walking Swiss Army knife

Shamans trade off throughput for utility
    Paladins trade off throughput and aoe for utility
    Disc trades off throughput for utility and damage
    Druid trades off utility for throughput and mobility
    Monk trades off utility for throughput and damage
    Holy priest trades off utility for throughput

There’s niches for each spec and the fact that you have 5 slots for heals means you can have the best utility each raid

Heck tyrant in hfc was the only boss in that raid where you were absolutely required a shaman healer

Feels like Echo have wasted today.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

There will always be a meta, sure. But metas are supposed to change. Under the current setup Blizz seems ok with certain classes having structural advantages - paladins can do dps, disc with absorbs + dps, and shammy with spirit link - that are not offset by any obvious disadvantage.

I also like the argument that “it’s not required outside the top 200” - sure it’s not, but spirit link always makes fights easier, whether you’re talking heroic, normal, or mythic. Nobody is just gonna be like “whatever I’ll just play a bad class, I’m in a bad guild, we’re only world 500 so who cares?”
    Of course. Especially if you compare to like a mistweaver, which has never been meta (was OK in HFC, that's about it).. Cocoon and Revival is all they get. Their damage used to actually be fine, but that playstyle is long gone too. Like just why would you ever do that to yourself. Maybe one day they will design a fight where you need the dispel component of revival, and then MW will be brought for that fight just so they can wash their hands and say "see? it's viable!".

Add to that since mana absolutely doesn't matter anymore, everyone can just pump maximum throughput whenever needed (with disc being an exception). Healing is just very one dimensional. Space out cooldowns to cover burst windows and do whatever you want otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Feels like Echo have wasted today.
    How have they "wasted" today? I don't get how these comments keep coming up.

it's crazy how echo is far behind, almost as if they had raid a day less ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dedelifight View Post
    it's crazy how echo is far behind, almost as if they had raid a day less ...
    Echo didn't have to deal with unnerfed dormazain.
    -=Retired Former World's Best Player=-

Limit did split until the nerf. But it's ok, one more day is a little avantage...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    How have they "wasted" today? I don't get how these comments keep coming up.
    On the chance that KT is under-tuned then an entire day of splits seems a bit like a waste of time.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Limit did split until the nerf. But it's ok, one more day is a little avantage...
    These kinds of spergs still exist? jesus. Doctors need to start handing out more anti depressants

I'll bite though, i'll bite.

"One more day" It's not one more day, it's 16hours. I know that's hard for your to grasp, 8 hours and all, but it's still not 24 it's 16hours.

Secondly, Echo gets to watch limit strats which makes up for time lost. Limit deals with bugs that are fixed for echo like what happened on Soulrender.

Last but not least let's take this home, Echo got a 2boss lead. It was 7/10 Echo 5/10 Limit, The second that happened your argument of "headstart" went down the shitter with the sperm your mother should of spit out.
    Incfracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2021-07-17 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    These kinds of spergs still exist? jesus. Doctors need to start handing out more anti depressants

"One more day" It's not one more day, it's 16hours. I know that's hard for your to grasp, 8 hours and all, but it's still not 24 it's 16hours.

Secondly, Echo gets to watch limit strats which makes up for time lost. Limit deals with bugs that are fixed for echo like what happened on Soulrender.

Last but not least let's take this home, Echo got a 2boss lead. It was 7/10 Echo 5/10 Limit, The second that happened your argument of "headstart" went down the shitter with the sperm your mother should of spit out.
    max and scripe are not agree with you, but maybe you are right and they're not...

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post

It’s not even 16 hours because the wipes caused by bugs or the extra hot fixes mid raid or late starts or long maintenance or the time they burned bringing pugs in for splits

- - - Updated - - -

max and scripe are not agree with you, but maybe you are right and they're not...
    1. The raiders don’t use the head start as an excuse

2. Limit lost a ton of time at painsmith