Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Does anyone like this kind of situation that has developed in the game in the past few years? I'm personally disgusted by this; it's pretty obvious most of those people are selling the gold to make real money; I'm pretty sure the majority of them are not hard core guilds in a real need to get more gold to progress in raiding.
    Just report them. They will get auto ignored and you will likely not see them again. It's pretty simple stuff really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    General... Most people are in Oribos anyway
    Nope. People are on alts and their mains are often not in a city. Also: obviously you can claim "but I may want a specialized channel" but that's another function; the function of having the entire realm can be more spammy more easily but it's an option that can have its uses so it's good to not have ~100% of its uses being boost trading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    No. It has been explained by multiple people here already; the objective change that happened was that there is now a shop that sells tokens for gold and gold for tokens; it used to be hard to use real money before (or even use gold to get a mount (before even real money gets into play)) because you had to defraud Blizzard and now it's happening with their BLESSING.

There's 0 reason to use vague arguments like "times change" and "people are weird" when you have "you had to defraud Blizzard [i.e. hard] VS Blizzard asks for it [i.e. extremely easy]".
    So you agree that it is legal and allowed. So why are you crying "Criminals! Criminals everywhere!"? Seems like you have way too much time to waste. Get a life dude.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly that's the Community these days, most are driven by greed and when they get a chance to do so, they will charge for it.

My approach to these things is either to ignore them or block them if they are distracting me from the game. It may not be the best approach but that's what I find most feasible for me

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    So you agree that it is legal and allowed. So why are you crying "Criminals! Criminals everywhere!"? Seems like you have way too much time to waste. Get a life dude.
    You misunderstand the flow of the thread. The OP doesn't mention that as the main factor; it hints to the fact there is a mess; it's very probable that it's not the tax criminals the main ones involved because now you can use the online shop to buy all kinds of "rewards" and pay to wins and other microtransactional benefits so even the legit players themselves (the ones not breaking the TOS) can make it extremely worse because they may be determined to buy everything from the shop OR they may use the shop to buy gold in game to win.
    The tax criminals are obviously still there but they may not be necessary to have the mess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    Before you personally attack people, can you at least use an argument and not a copy pasta from wikipedia?
    I have no clue what is "correlated" because the discussion has branched; define your argument completely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread didn't start out great and seems to have been decisively derailed. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead