Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

fair statement? 9.1 is reduced to korthia + instanced content

Azeroth, EK, Kalimdor are useless. the new zones introduced in 9.0 are basically useless. the current game is mostly 1 zone, Korthia, which is pretty much an instanced zone, plus tiny sandbox arenas, instanced dungeons, and instanced raids.

without noticing it, did 9.1 slyly strip the world from world of warcraft? are we truly in the age where is a universal hub with portals to everything and no game world?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Assuming this is a troll/sarcasm post because otherwise it's incredibly stupid but no it didn't strip away anything and while the new zone gets heavy focus it's not any different than your Molten Front or Isle of Thunder. Heck, Wotlk didn't even add a new zone when they added Argent Tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Assuming this is a troll/sarcasm post because otherwise it's incredibly stupid but no it didn't strip away anything and while the new zone gets heavy focus it's not any different than your Molten Front or Isle of Thunder. Heck, Wotlk didn't even add a new zone when they added Argent Tournament.
    argent tournament was out in the game world. as far as i can remember both molten front portal and isle of thunder were out in the game world. korthia is different. you dont interact with the game world. you go directly from the shared city hub to korthia via portal. you skip the game world.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Not unless it literally removed everything of the world besides Korthia.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    argent tournament was out in the game world. as far as i can remember both molten front portal and isle of thunder were out in the game world. korthia is different. you dont interact with the game world. you go directly from the shared city hub to korthia via portal. you skip the game world.
    You get to the Argent Tournament with a tabard that teleports you there. By your logic it is the same as Korthia. You also have the fact that you do things in the Maw and Skyhold so far in the storyline.

If you really wanted to you could by, any logic, reduce any patch to "The world is removed, only this thing exists".

Been this for ages already. Its like 14 years too late.

you can fly in the other zones, that's a huge help for catching up on alts, farming anima, achievs and gathering professions. considering how awful some of those zones are to navigate on the ground that's a huge addition

Put content in old zones? RECYCLED CONTENT
    Make new zone? LOL ITS INSTANCED ZONE

I get that you are unhappy with WoW or your life and you want to post-hoc rationalize that feeling into some sort of logic to feel better but you gotta try a little harder.

Shhh, nobody tell OP about the Isle of Quel'Danas!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    While I dislike half of the System choices of shadowlands, it has a certain min lvl of quality i do like. Animation, art, music is very nice and niche. Blizzard is preparing for LOA release EU. They know they have to deliver. Since they were lacking graphical intensity due the age of wow, they were very engaging with their new char models. Blizzard is master when it comes to the implementation of system that keep you addicted and they will set everything right when they REALLY have to. Right now they are just messing with us.
    love WoWarcraft

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Shhh, nobody tell OP about the Isle of Quel'Danas!
    Remember when sithilus was literally nothing until a few patches later when they actually added shit?

I agree with the OP, this week since reset tried todo the maw event every day/multiple times, gave up in the end since it was only me there, as a healer it took way too dam long to try kill all them elites, the very first day of 9.1 there was literally hundreds of people around making tagging and doing the quests super fast and fun, now its dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Remember when sithilus was literally nothing until a few patches later when they actually added shit?
    Literal shit, yes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    I agree with the OP, this week since reset tried todo the maw event every day/multiple times, gave up in the end since it was only me there, as a healer it took way too dam long to try kill all them elites, the very first day of 9.1 there was literally hundreds of people around making tagging and doing the quests super fast and fun, now its dead.
    Ever heard of the group finder?

Not really any more than any other .1 patch. Legion, we had the tomb of sargeras island, but we also still needed to go back to the old zones a bit. This patch's island is Korthia + Revamped Maw. The going back to the old zones is mainly for azeri artifa ANIMA power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it's not a fair statement. And you know that.

How you can make the argument that a new patch focusing on a new zone for current content makes everything else obsolete as if that's how it's always been... tells me you're fishing for troll bait.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Not unless it literally removed everything of the world besides Korthia.
    They could do that and nothing would change at this point.

Uh... callings are still in the other 4 zones... Those are still a thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rorixis View Post
    Put content in old zones? RECYCLED CONTENT
    Make new zone? LOL ITS INSTANCED ZONE

I get that you are unhappy with WoW or your life and you want to post-hoc rationalize that feeling into some sort of logic to feel better but you gotta try a little harder.
    Amen! This is why the Devs can never win. They thing is the people who make these kinds of posts haven't clued in to the fact the the Dev's know they can't win. So they ignore them and do what they want to do.

My problem with Korthia is that it's Maw+.

Isle of Thunder was a big, noticeable aesthetic and game mechanic change in comparison to rest of the Mists. It was tight narratively and you clearly understood why you're there, what are the goals and what the content offers. There definitely was a sheen of polish and well though-out vibe to it.
    Last edited by Voidwielder; 2021-07-17 at 03:19 PM.

i agree that we should use the old content more.
    but its a fine line between irrelevant and mandatory.
    eventhough it would be cool to go back and kill the lich king, i dont wanna have to do it every patch