Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    "Emerald Dream = Life" doesn't really make sense as the Emerald Dream is an Azeroth thing, not a cosmic realm like the Shadowlands.
    Well we thought Elune was just a deity related to Azeroth but she has presence on other worlds...so who knows what could happen with how the devs love to change and retcon things.

I mean who knows if we get a Tinker class, but it's pretty obvious Tinkers are associated with the Titans. Gnomes were originally Titanic mechanical creations, and mechagnomes are all about being a hybrid of the original machine with biology.

Titans are all about order/logic/machines so yeah, if you're a technological type in WoW lore you have an affinity for the titans and their creations.

Whether we ever get a Tinker class out of that is another story.

Or it could just be a cool graphic. Enough with the Tinker crap already.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

tinkerer's belong as an expansion of the engineering profession, not as their own class.

There's at least 3-4 other classes such as Necromancer, barbarian, healing mage, etc.... that belong in WoW before they go down the whole tinkerer road.

If the Tinker would have any connection to the titans at all, then they will not be called "Tinker". That's way too cutesy.

Tinkers fucking suck

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    tinkerer's belong as an expansion of the engineering profession, not as their own class.

There's at least 3-4 other classes such as Necromancer,
    Abilities are in the Death Knight class.

barbarian,
    Abilities are in the Warrior class.

healing mage,
    Druids, Priests, and Shaman say hello.

etc.... that belong in WoW before they go down the whole tinkerer road.
    Those "classes" and their abilities are already in the game within the class lineup. The Tinkerer's is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

Those "classes" and their abilities are already in the game within the class lineup. The Tinkerer's is not.
    Tinkerer exists as engineers

You were saying?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tinkerer exists as engineers

You were saying?
    The Tinkerer's abilities don't exist in the engineering profession.

Try again.

Your logic can literally be used for Tinker as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Your logic can literally be used for Tinker as well.
    Really? Where are Pocket Factory, Cluster Rockets, Engineering Upgrade, and Robo Goblin in the class lineup?

Really? Where are Pocket Factory, Cluster Rockets, Engineering Upgrade, and Robo Goblin in the class lineup?
    Cluster Rockets can be made by engineers. Engineering upgrade is the choice you make between goblin and gnome. Robo goblin is engineering mounts. Pocket factory is never happening so I'm not even going to bother with that one.

The Tinkerer's abilities don't exist in the engineering profession.

Try again.
    And neither do barbarian, necromancer, dark ranger, or the other classes i listed exist in the classes you named. not at all.

In fact, engineering IS closer to tinkerer than warrior is barbarian, or dk to necromancer.

Look, i know you've been the biggest supporter of tinker class on this site since the beginning and i can respect that, but respectfully, you are wrong here my dude. Both about the classes i listed, and the demand for tinker. Tinker would be dead last on any wow poll if you compared it to necromancer, barbarian, dark ranger, chrono mage, healing mage, etc..

anyways, have a good weekend my dude. we'll agree to disagree

Anyway, I would only support tinker in any form if it was a class ANY race could pick up. Otherwise, introducing it and making it exclusive to gnomes and goblins would be a disaster which is not something Blizzard can afford after BfA and Shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    /snip
    Such ridiculous dishonesty.

Let's compare;

The WC3 Necromancer had Raise Dead, Unholy Frenzy, and Cripple. The Lich, which is a type of Necromancer had Death and Decay.

The Death Knight class got Raise Dead, Unholy Frenzy, and Death and Decay. Those are Necromancer abilities in the class lineup.

Those abilities had the same name, and the same general function as the WC3 abilities they came from. You can't do the same for the Tinker because the Tinker's abilities simply don't exist for players, profession or class. The fact that you have to be dishonest about this speaks volumes.

- - - Updated - - -

And neither do barbarian, necromancer, dark ranger, or the other classes i listed exist in the classes you named. not at all.

In fact, engineering IS closer to tinkerer than warrior is barbarian, or dk to necromancer.
    Uh no. There are actual Necromancer abilities in the DK class. Further, a Barbarian is simply a Fury Warrior. If you notice, the Barbarian in Diablo has two 2h swords just like Fury warriors can wield. Ever wonder why that is? It's because the concept of Fury and the Diablo Barbarian comes from the same general concept.

Engineering isn't a class, and contains none of the abilities from either Tinker hero. Again, people are simply being either ignorant or dishonest linking the profession to an obvious class concept.

Look, i know you've been the biggest supporter of tinker class on this site since the beginning and i can respect that, but respectfully, you are wrong here my dude. Both about the classes i listed, and the demand for tinker. Tinker would be dead last on any wow poll if you compared it to necromancer, barbarian, dark ranger, chrono mage, healing mage, etc..
    You mean like this poll?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...r-for-the-game

or this poll?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-in-9-0/page37

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Or it could just be a cool graphic. Enough with the Tinker crap already.
    What's cool about that? it's just a cogwheel.
    They could have put a titan there or something.

There's at least 3-4 other classes such as Necromancer, barbarian, healing mage, etc.... that belong in WoW before they go down the whole tinkerer road.
    You can already play as those.
    They are called Death Knight, Warrior and Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    If the Tinker would have any connection to the titans at all, then they will not be called "Tinker". That's way too cutesy.
    You know what a Tinker is at all?
    An itinerant tinsmish. Nothing cutesy about that.

anyways, have a good weekend my dude. we'll agree to disagree
    Barbarian PvP Talent
    Tank Specs – Row 1 PvP Talent
    Requires Warrior (Fury)
    Requires level 33
    For 3 sec after casting Heroic Leap, you may cast the spell a second time without regard for its cooldown.

Increases the damage done by your Heroic Leap by 200%.

Necromancer's Bargain PvP Talent
    Tank Specs – Row 1 PvP Talent
    Requires Death Knight (Unholy)
    Requires level 29
    The cooldown of your Apocalypse is reduced by 45 sec, but your Apocalypse no longer summons ghouls but instead applies Crypt Fever to the target.

Crypt Fever
    Deals up to 8% of the targets maximum health in Shadow damage over 4 sec. Healing spells cast on this target will refresh the duration of Crypt Fever.

Alter Time
    1% of base mana
    Instant 1 min cooldown
    Requires Mage (Arcane)
    Requires level 19
    Alters the fabric of time, returning you to your current location and health when cast a second time, or after 10 seconds. Effect negated by long distance or death.

Anyway, I would only support tinker in any form if it was a class ANY race could pick up. Otherwise, introducing it and making it exclusive to gnomes and goblins would be a disaster which is not something Blizzard can afford after BfA and Shadowlands.
    Tinker can be applied to Dwarves and Mechagnomes, and possibly to Draenei, Worgen, Dark Iron Dwarves, Lightforged Draenei, Orcs, Forsaken and Mag'har Orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    You know what a Tinker is at all?
    An itinerant tinsmish. Nothing cutesy about that.
    If it were serious it would be called "mechanic" or something like that. Tinkering is just a belitteling term for that. It's just... cute. Sorry, I did not invent the word, but you can't change that it sounds not very serious

- - - Updated - - -

Because they've been a part of Warcraft lore for decades and we have multiple races that could benefit from their inclusion.
    I legit had to laugh reading this

I will be most pleased when WoW ends and there's still no Tinker class.

If it were serious it would be called "mechanic" or something like that. Tinkering is just a belitteling term for that. It's just... cute. Sorry, I did not invent the word, but you can't change that it sounds not very serious
    A mechanic doesn't invent stuff, it mostly fixes it.
    You could say they can be called Engineers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except in Warcraft lore, Goblin or Gnome Tinker is synonymous with inventor. Hence why the Gnome base city is called "Tinkertown" and "New Tinkertown", and the leader of the Gnomes is called the high Tinker. The Goblin metropolis of Undermine has a Tinker's Union which is full of inventors and scientists.

The point is, we really shouldn't use real world terms to define terms in a fantasy game. Some apply, some don't apply.