Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    "Tinkers (or tinkerers and tinkologists) are engineers mostly represented by gnomes, goblins, and dwarves of the Alliance, Horde and the Venture Company."

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Tinker

Tinkers are engineers confirmed.
    All Tinkers are engineers, but not every engineer is a Tinker.

Just like All Mages are enchanters, but not every enchanter is a Mage.

Considering how incredibly devisive Tinker are and their likely implementation would be for the 2 least popular races, it would probably be a bad idea to add them to the game at all. Any expansion that would have a proper theme to even allow their inclusion would also only appeal to a small minority of the player base as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    All Tinkers are engineers, but not every engineer is a Tinker.

Just like All Mages are enchanters, but not every enchanter is a Mage.
    Ah yes, your typical asinine response that isn't backed up AT ALL by WoW lore. Also, nice false equivalency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Considering how incredibly devisive Tinker are and their likely implementation would be for the 2 least popular races, it would probably be a bad idea to add them to the game at all. Any expansion that would have a proper theme to even allow their inclusion would also only appeal to a small minority of the player base as is.
    Eh, if you look at the polling, the Tinker isn't divisive at all. Also I'd be willing to bet that an expansion based on classic Warcraft lore like the Undermine would appeal to a lot of WoW players. Tossing in Titan concepts would be rather easy to do, since Titan facilities are also underground, and as I said before, Azerite has massive deposits on Kezan.

In short, You simply can't beat the appeal of old school Warcraft concepts like Tinker and Undermine.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-07-18 at 05:54 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Unlikely at this point. Blizz is looking to be getting lazier with each expansion.

If Blizz management decides to get serious with the game again, then maybe it'll happen. It is *long* past time for Blizz to add a new ranged class.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    You people have been talking about this "tinker" class for like 8+ years now

give it a rest, it's not happening
    August 29th, 2016
    Anon5123:
    "You people have been talking about this "Demon hunter" class for like 11+ years now

give it a rest, it's not happening"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    occam's razor, if something was compared to "clockwork" by TIME DRAGON its 99.999999999999% to be about time and hours not about technological stuff, which dragons use none of...
    i know if you use the clear and simple answer it doesnt support your narative, but inventing reasons why something completely obvious is not true makes you look foolish...
    But i wasn't referring to the quote. I was referring to the Cogwheel in the cosmology chart.

"Tinkers (or tinkerers and tinkologists) are engineers mostly represented by gnomes, goblins, and dwarves of the Alliance, Horde and the Venture Company."

Okay and “Gnome priests usually refer to themselves as doctors, medics, and surgeons.”

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Priest

By your logic : Gnome Priests are Tailors (First Aid) and Alchemists (Anti-Venom) confirmed.
    Last edited by muto; 2021-07-18 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Okay and “Gnome priests usually refer to themselves as doctors, medics, and surgeons.”

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Priest

By your logic : Gnome Priests are Tailors (First Aid) and Alchemists (Anti-Venom) confirmed.
    No it's more that tinker is just another word for engineer. I hope you stretched before all that reaching though.
    Last edited by TheRevenantHero; 2021-07-19 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Chamber of azeroth?
    I was talking about breaking on it's own! The Chamber was literally stabbed by giant sword.

Uldir?
    Is it really broken? Their experiment there failed, yes. But they sealed the chamber. It did not open on its own.

Ulduar?
    Also still fully functional and we only had to intervene there because Loken turned evil. The fact that we had to stop Algalon from resetting the world should be clue enough, that the facility was in perfect order, despite Yogg Saron being contained in it.

Every Ul basically.
    Nah, none of them are broken. Inactive at most, but not broken.

Mother?
    To quote WoWpedia:
    Despite the corruption, MOTHER's protocols remained intact, and she aided mortal champions in pushing through Uldir to ultimately vanquish G'huun.
    Literally nothing the titans build broke on it's own. They technology is eternal. Their sentient creations might not be, but their machines are, until they are purposely damage by intruders.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Look at the OP.
    It never says Titan-derived Tinker class. But, a Tinker class in a titanic expansion.
    Look at the title you wrote yourself:

Are the Titans to bring the Tinker class?

Your OP mentioned a Titan homeworld, so if the Tinkers come from there, they will not be called Tinkers. For a plenthora of reasons already discussed in other threads, but to stay within this one: The titans don't tinker around.

M.O.T.H.E.R, for instance.
    read the lore on MOTHER.

No it's more that tinker is just another word for tinker. I hope you stretched before all that reaching though.
    True tinker is another word for tinker. Finally we agree.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I was talking about breaking on it's own! The Chamber was literally stabbed by giant sword.

Is it really broken? Their experiment there failed, yes. But they sealed the chamber. It did not open on its own.

Also still fully functional and we only had to intervene there because Loken turned evil. The fact that we had to stop Algalon from resetting the world should be clue enough, that the facility was in perfect order, despite Yogg Saron being contained in it.

Nah, none of them are broken. Inactive at most, but not broken.

To quote WoWpedia:

Literally nothing the titans build broke on it's own. They technology is eternal. Their sentient creations might not be, but their machines are, until they are purposely damage by intruders.

- - - Updated - - -

Your OP mentioned a Titan homeworld, so if the Tinkers come from there, they will not be called Tinkers. For a plenthora of reasons already discussed in other threads, but to stay within this one: The titans don't tinker around.

read the lore on MOTHER.
    We literally had to smack mother into working condition. What are you on about?

The prison of yogg-saron was broken from the inside.

All the Ul's are dungeons cause something broke or went awry. I think you are trying to twist a bit too hard here.

Regardless, i didn't disagree with the Tinker thing, so there really is no point to this debate.

Pretty sure they are called the Pantheon of Death.
    Pretty sure that's what we know now. And what we know now must not be the entire picture aka we know basically nothing about Zovaals past.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Look at the OP again.
    I never implied they would come from the Titan Homeworld. I meant they would join us to counter the threat of the titans. Those would be Azerothian Tinkers.

read the lore on MOTHER.
    I might have mixed her up with Maiden of Vitality:
    "Vitals exceeding acceptable parameters.
    Attempting to update incident reports...
    ERROR. ERROR. ERROR. ERROR.
    Subject: Azeroth.
    WARNING: Catastrophic system failure in progress
    Planetary integrity at--
    calculating... calculating... calculating...
    WARNING: Multiple containment breaches registered.
    Recommended expurgation of following facilities:
    Uldaman. Uldum. Uldorus. Ulduar. Uldir. Uldaz. Uld... Uld... Uld... Uld..."

What about Algalon, who tries to re-originate the planet once we reach him, even though humanoid life forms were around for quite some time?

What about Ra, who falls into depression and relinquishes his duties?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Pretty sure that's what we know now. And what we know now must not be the entire picture aka we know basically nothing about Zovaals past.
    They don't look like metallic creatures to me.
    They could be their cousins, though.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-07-19 at 07:23 AM.

This made me smile FAR more than it should have. You can have exactly 1/4 portions of Internets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, your typical asinine response that isn't backed up AT ALL by WoW lore. Also, nice false equivalency.
    Mechanically they don’t need to be the same. We have existing mechanics that free or lock player choices, take factions and their lore-unfriendly race ties for example.

Another example of a locked choice: Archaeology and Korthia relics, we know they should fall under the profession category but they serve an armor upgrade purpose. Likewise, Tinker would serve the purpose of a playable class that isn’t restricted by Engineering cooldowns, lack of visuals, and profession requirements. Mechanically, they are not the same, and we know lore can be bent to mean anything (it’s a game with deus ex magic).
    Last edited by Polybius; 2021-07-19 at 08:08 AM.

I might have mixed her up with Maiden of Vitality:
    "Vitals exceeding acceptable parameters.
    Attempting to update incident reports...
    ERROR. ERROR. ERROR. ERROR.
    Subject: Azeroth.
    WARNING: Catastrophic system failure in progress
    Planetary integrity at--
    calculating... calculating... calculating...
    WARNING: Multiple containment breaches registered.
    Recommended expurgation of following facilities:
    Uldaman. Uldum. Uldorus. Ulduar. Uldir. Uldaz. Uld... Uld... Uld... Uld..."
    Well, the Maiden was impaled by an Azerite spike, so that's probably why. Also it recovered once the chamber was repaired.

What about Algalon, who tries to re-originate the planet once we reach him, even though humanoid life forms were around for quite some time?
    Which exactly what he was supposed to do. He tried to re-originate because he noticed Yogg-Sarons corruption spreading.

What about Ra, who falls into depression and relinquishes his duties?
    Ra is a sentient being, not a machine.

Ra is a sentient being, not a machine.
    Ra is a titanic watcher, a creation of the Titans.
    Last i checked, he was made of stone.

Ra is a titanic watcher, a creation of the Titans.
    Last i checked, he was made of stone.
    So were most races of Azeroth after the Titans left it. Ra is not a machine. Dwarves were not machines before being cursed by Yogg Saron. Neither were Vrykul, gnomes, Tol'vir Mogu or giants. All of them were created by the titans (or their watchers), none are machines.

So were most races of Azeroth after the Titans left it. Ra is not a machine. Dwarves were not machines before being cursed by Yogg Saron. Neither were Vrykul, gnomes, Tol'vir Mogu or giants. All of them were created by the titans (or their watchers), none are machines.
    Maiden of Vitality is one such thing. Made of stone, but talks and produces sparks like a machine.