Quote Originally Posted by zortport View Post
    most likely, but not for sure. limit did play better. but limit having early reset gear pretty much forced echo to skip splits and go directly to mythic. so it is not as simple as saying limit killed boss 24 hour before echo, hence 16h headstart did not matter. it affects echo's decisions.

same thing will happen this reset. limit will either kill in 16 hours, and echo won't even stand a chance. or limit will clear 9/10m and also do some heroic splits; and if boss is still alive at that point, echo wouldn't afford doing heroic splits.

it is a shitty situation for both guilds
    They could just wait for EU reset with their playtime, but they will never do that. Integrity? Please.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    world first in completely a community thing. blizz has no intentions of making it fair (you cant anyway unless you fly teams out)
    They should care, it brings a lot of viewership to WoW. It's basically free advertising for Blizzard paid completely by the community and third party actual sponsors.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayma View Post
    BDGG would love that
    Then BDGG and Method does the same thing for a fair 3rd place race. theres nobody else that can realistically catch up under those.

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    This is not a case of a boss dying 1st or 2nd week. Its a case of being robbed off a win due to it being mathematically impossible by a small % and the different reset timers. Just global release already so NA can keep losing every race like they did before.
    People like you are a disgrace to us Euros. I'm European and I root for Echo, but Limit handed it to them fair and square the last two raids. The 16 hour advantage DID NOT come into play even, and some of that time in the first week is always negated by doing the boss first and not knowing what to expect.

Global release is also not happening, Blizzard isn't going to cater for 5 guilds at most and mess all their schedules up, so there's no reason to keep bringing it up. If Blizzard wanted, they would've already made the raid start at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by gobarj View Post
    People like you are a disgrace to us Euros. I'm European and I root for Echo, but Limit handed it to them fair and square the last two raids. The 16 hour advantage DID NOT come into play even, and some of that time in the first week is always negated by doing the boss first and not knowing what to expect.

Global release is also not happening, Blizzard isn't going to cater for 5 guilds at most and mess all their schedules up, so there's no reason to keep bringing it up. If Blizzard wanted, they would've already made the raid start at the same time.
    It did last race. Echo had to skip splits because time ran out - without the 16 hour advantage this would not have happened. But yeah the casual would not see the difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jkq View Post
    where should the 10% come from ? they have 1 platform left
    Coming back to this, people were doubting that they would even make 50% this week.

There's going to be some crazy strategy tuning, which will be possibly picked up in p2, as well as potential comp changes.

That 5% isn't impossible to reach, but good god it's going to require arguably some of the greatest optimisation strategy and execution in the history of WoW raiding.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by SeIex View Post
    But they lost nyalotha by 40 hours. So, in other words, they were crushed that tier and 16 hours didnt make a difference. But go on keep pretending limit's only won because of the early release, i know fans like you love delusions.
    In a race, this is pretty much the most stupid thing to say.
    The loser lost, is disappointed and has shit moral. Imagine weeks of preparation and neckbearding wow and then you lost and did it for "nothing". How good do you think your next pulls will be?

So focusing on the time difference is pretty much meaningless as once there is a winner, the loser has to recharge before they can get any good pulls again.

blizzard does care about WF. but it is an impossible problem to solve without screwing part of your userbase. they don't care enough to screw an entire region's reset time, affecting thousands of players.

closest thing we can get to a fair race is limit having gentlemen's agreement and waiting 16 hours. that way both guilds can steal BDGGs strats together but this would give limit 16 hour less time for the week, and so echo would have to not play last 16h of their reset. it is just too complicated.

If echo did'nt quitting method like the rats they are, sylvanas would have die, just saying...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Coming back to this, people were doubting that they would even make 50% this week.

There's going to be some crazy strategy tuning, which will be possibly picked up in p2, as well as potential comp changes.

That 5% isn't impossible to reach, but good god it's going to require arguably some of the greatest optimisation strategy and execution in the history of WoW raiding.
    you have to also factor in the mental game here hitting 50% and it not being done had to have been a huge mind fuck for them
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

yeah lets just chill and enjoy whatever happens, there is nothing that can be done to make it a fair competition and its nobody's fault

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    you have to also factor in the mental game here hitting 50% and it not being done had to have been a huge mind fuck for them
    Hence why they're wrapping up early tonight with mail splits, and hitting it tomorrow after sleep. They know there's no risk of Limit killing it tonight, so might as well come back fresh tomorrow and adjust to try and squeak out the extra damage.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Btw, is this 45% a guess or confirmed / datamined?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Btw, is this 45% a guess or confirmed / datamined?
    It was datamined, but that does not mean it's confirmed. If this had been hc and she would be at 49.6% - the encounter would have ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Whoever had to raid at odd hours would simply flip their bodyclock in advance to adjust, both guilds are doing this full time at this point, it'd be like working a nightshift.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    To play at the Echo/Limit level you're playing WoW full-time when a patch comes out. If you asked Echo/Limit if they'd take a global release even though it meant they had to adjust their sleeping schedules by a few hours they'd do it in a heartbeat - Same with the Chinese guilds if they manage to get to a similar level. It's a non-issue.
    It still wouldn't be a perfect world ofc, because this means some parts of the world need to adjust to fit another.
    it cannot be perfectly fair with this method (i doubt any would), thats why i said 'in the end, you need to weigh pros and cons'.

which of several solutions would be the most reasonable/fair... certainly not a new gear head start.
    I was very excited for either of the top 2 to kill sylvanas tonight or tomorrow, i have been out of the game since end of dreanor and this is the first time i watched world first race on streams.

But when it became clear that the race would end based on something so utterly boringly dull as looting burried and done bosses for a few percentage, i lost all my excitement, and then all i could think of was, "how in the world has this been going on for years like this", because ofc i know worldfirst kills are a thing since release but that it could be decided by something like this just shocked me, drained me of all excitement that i felt watching both streams side by side the past 2 days (i joined streams close to KT kills).
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    The loser lost, is disappointed and has shit moral. Imagine weeks of preparation and neckbearding wow and then you lost and did it for "nothing". How good do you think your next pulls will be?

So focusing on the time difference is pretty much meaningless as once there is a winner, the loser has to recharge before they can get any good pulls again.
    so the competitors saw them not killing the boss first as a loss

Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post

Lol sounds like a ridiculous excuse. Echo is full of fantastic players. Being tilted from losing isn't gonna stop them from killing the boss. They were just super far behind limit on nzoth and it just took them that long to kill it. They've even said themselves limit destroyed them in that race. Please stop spewing nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    It was datamined, but that does not mean it's confirmed. If this had been hc and she would be at 49.6% - the encounter would have ended.
    Ok, thanks for the info. This would be first time Blizzard used 5%, in past it was always multiply of 10%.

If Sylvanas dies just after reset/splits, then Blizzard really screwed up again. They would literally be giving away another win regardless of performance. Last time was tolerable because Limit actually was the better guild. This time would be the opposite. I strongly hope that if she goes down next week, she at least stays alive for two or three days to reduce unfairness / give legitimity to the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by SeIex View Post
    Lol sounds like a ridiculous excuse. Echo is full of fantastic players. Being tilted from losing isn't gonna stop them from killing the boss. They were just super far behind limit on nzoth and it just took them that long to kill it. They've even said themselves limit destroyed them in that race. Please stop spewing nonsense.
    But that's exactly what happened last race. You can watch their streams and after they hear limit had downed sire the entire body language drops. They then regressed massivley. Its not surprising, you see it in professional sports week in week out, no matter how good you are, its a mental challenge.