Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I think that you exagerate his effect.

It wasn't just streamers, it was years of Blizzard mistakes with WoW, that continue to this day.

It was the conjunction of those two aspects that caused the current trend. Not just the streamers.

- - - Updated - - -

What are you concocting on that head?
    What drama? People just want to have fun, and it's what they are doing.
    The community seems to be loving it, given how supportive they've been.
    Only WoW fans seem to be salty about it. *shrugs*
    Asmongold has 200k concurrent viewers on July 3rd, google trends shows FF14 skyrocket after that day, keys for the game actually sell out within a few days since they weren't expecting such a large spike and they had to restrict new characters from being made temporarily. This is all when 9.1 and TBC classic JUST launched and there hasn't been new content in FF14 since April..... "Natural btw".. lol

I too am grateful for his affect on FFXIV.

Assmanbald spreading his stank to FFXIV, and more importantly getting people who like/follow him to play it, makes it VERY easy for me to pass on giving it a shot. That means more money in my pocket, and that's a win.

I will NEVER, EVER, figure out why people like that manbaby.

Quote Originally Posted by JABoyle3875 View Post
    I too am grateful for his affect on FFXIV.

Assmanbald spreading his stank to FFXIV, and more importantly getting people who like/follow him to play it, makes it VERY easy for me to pass on giving it a shot. That means more money in my pocket, and that's a win.

I will NEVER, EVER, figure out why people like that manbaby.
    Well I'm glad that toxic people like you who gatekeep games from others won't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Undeniably, but the straw that broke the camels back was absoletuley the fact those streamers decided to try the game, with some liking it and some not, but when one of your biggest named ones with 200K viewers in one day manages to gain that much attention and literally a week later the game SELLS out of copies, that isnt a pure coinicdence.

People were influenced by that first impression, because they wanted to know if it was 'worth' being invested and they saw that someone that has alot of people watching said "Yeah its alright" meaning, they had their OK to try it.

I also will say this, XIV was actually in some levels of content fatigue before the streamers arrived, which means they've brought fresh life into the MMO, but theres an irony to that...

I had the same effect when I saw the SHB trailer, and I legitimately played Stormblood to try out SHB when it was comming out.

I do not, regret my choice, but alotta poeple were actually having fatigue with XIV around SB 4.5 while I was a new plebian sproutling was enjoying everything for the first time.

The *irony* is that with each new expansion, every new player, gets an even longer new game experience, which means they have more content to play for longer, which is ironic and yet means they have alot of time to enjoy the game, more than even I did.

And right now? Im interested in being completionist, im doing every class, every crafter, completing my way through filler content and even the minor side quest stuff because, im enjoying that pointless content, yes, the *pointless* content is fun to do.

And that says alot, I can find the game fun for *Pointless* reasons, not just the big ones.
    Yup, i get ya.

I leveled up all my jobs and these days i'm leveling up my trust by doing a dungeon with them here and there. It's not the most riveting experience, but i'm enjoying it. It will be nice to have my trust leveled up for Endwalker, which will make it easier to farm catch up gear on alt jobs.

Do i have to do that? Not at all. I want to do that.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-07-19 at 12:03 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Tbh i might give FF14 another try after all this hype, but the main thing i am excited about is this surge of popularity and exodus from WoW will make the devs wake the fuck up and get their shit together. They can't keep fucking around with conduit energy for the lulz and expect people to be OK with it. Competition is ALWAYS good for the consumer.

Asmongold has the opposite effect for me. I don't want to play on the servers he's on or the games he plays. His fanbase is the worst parts of any community.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    One month ago queues to log in were barely 24 people. Now its in the 500s.

I'm sorry but if anyone thinks this isn't because of the streaming community you're in denial. Considering the last piece of content for SHB came out months ago this isn't natural.
    Well, on Exodus, the queue is only about 50-60, so it's only a minute or so to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    Calling bullshit. The shift started prior to this guy streaming FFXIV. It was that shift and popularity movement that got him to try it.
    I mean, there's no certain way to tell, sure. But...]

Take a guess on the date when Asmon started streaming FFXIV

Square is uniquely positioned to capitalize on the shift and steal Blizzard's audience for good, with a re-worked sign up process and website and greater investment into the game using the outpouring of funds being dumped into their coffers.

Which is to say, XIV will continue to decline as a game and WoW will regain those subs in time. But Square's OTHER projects are about to be DROWNING in cash!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Asmongold has 200k concurrent viewers on July 3rd, google trends shows FF14 skyrocket after that day, keys for the game actually sell out within a few days since they weren't expecting such a large spike and they had to restrict new characters from being made temporarily. This is all when 9.1 and TBC classic JUST launched and there hasn't been new content in FF14 since April..... "Natural btw".. lol
    It’s still greatly exaggerated. Asmon only tried it because of Bellular, and Bellular played it for the reasons mentioned by op. The fact players switched to TBC only to quit in droves goes to show how desperate the playerbase has been for another MMO or proper WoW expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only thing i find ironic in this story is how blizz own developers think shit of him
    yes only a hater can deny his effect, i never watched a single stream of him, i don't even know if he has a youtube channel or not, but i DO know he is the biggest star in wow now, and when u ignore him, enjoy the effect
    gg FF14, for me it is wow or bust, and right now it is bust, i hate that, i really wish wow get better and play it again, but when u are near 40, u have zero interest to start from scratch anywhere else, either wow get fixed i play, or bye both games
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I really hope he has a great time and washes his hands of WoW content forever.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Well I'm glad that toxic people like you who gatekeep games from others won't play it.
    Ok, it may be sleep deprivation or a severe lack of caffeine, but can you please explain how I'm gatekeeping games from other people?

I'm choosing to stay away from an environment that will very quickly become far more toxic because of Assmanbald and his horde of bile spewing asshat followers.

I'm NOT forbidding people from exposing themselves to that bile. If I had that kind of power, believe me, I'd be using it for far, far, FAR more important things.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    the only thing i find ironic in this story is how blizz own developers think shit of him
    They hate him because he represents the truth. The Blizzard team designs a game to cater to themselves - hardcore raiders who play the game like it's a second job - the playerbase they wish they had. Asmongold represents the playerbase that actually plays WoW - casuals who couldn't give less of a crap about hardcore raiding, who doesn't want to pay to have a second job and instead wants to have FUN doing quests, collecting transmogs, doing PvP, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Tbh i might give FF14 another try after all this hype, but the main thing i am excited about is this surge of popularity and exodus from WoW will make the devs wake the fuck up and get their shit together.
    no they won't, google old Bobby Kodick interviews, this guy hates video games with passion, wow won't make profit like any mobile game ever, heck in his eyes Hearthstone is best since it makes most revenue (he is so fucked idiot that he won't understand that hearthstone is literally living on wow popularity), i expect him to order kill command soon and end wow for good
    Kodick despise us gamers and he said that before, he sees us as idiots with money who should be separated from (again yes he said that), the only reason Kodick isn't known as EA is because Blizz has(had?) a good PR team that told him to shut the fuck up since 2009 and never do interview again, he is a CEO of gaming company who denies his own grandson to play video games, of course u can trust his products
    TLDR: no they will just kill it instead of fix and focus on mobile market
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Asmongold did NOT make it better. I would argue the game is worse off for having him playing it. He is a hack in WoW, and brings the same to FFXIV. He is the poster boy of what you DON'T want representing your game in anyway.

First time watching his stream recently in FF14, how are people in wow mad at this guy so much lmao. Hes like average mmo player, seems to care a lot about glamour, mounts and shit. Watched him doing some of the coils, was pretty funny to be honest, he talk fake shit, but seemed overall pretty respectful of the randoms he got into the raid. Chat is toxic asking him to kick people and shit, but thats every twitch chat with 10k+ viewers in any games. Looking forward to join his glamour contests once data center travel releases. My server had queues long before he started streaming, but im on the current most populated NA server.

The only downside is in this forum all the wow players ass mad making threads about shit lmao.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2021-07-19 at 01:55 AM.

Asmongold has an exceptionally toxic fanbase and I can't wait to laugh myself to tears when they all start getting banned. The GMs of FFXIV don't fuck around and will absolutely ban anyone being a toxic jerk to people in game.

The ball was already moving. We've seen massive growth ever since Shadowlands launched, a lot of players finally had enough of the shit that Ions team keeps pulling. Asmon put it into overdrive though, a lot of dissatisfied players who hadn't decided to quit yet finally got the push that they needed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thank god im not in Aether
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.