Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Lol. It's always like this during patches, expansion threads are when hype builds.
    No. Activity in this forum has basically stopped. Only 2-3 threads are active at any given time.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Lol. It's always like this during patches, expansion threads are when hype builds.
    Absolutely not. Pretty much all social medias were way more active back in BfA.

The storyline of BfA, while garbage, was objectively more hype and generated more internet traffic than this one.

I also browse the EU official forum and it's dead now, while back in BfA between 8.1 and 8.2 (where we are now) it was far, far, far more active with way more activity.

- - - Updated - - -

And for the record, before anyone tries to say "oh but the pandemic!!! there wasn't pandemic during bfa that's why!!!", it is time to stop blaming outside circumstances and simply admit that Shadowlands' story is trash and boring. You're not given a reason to care about these furries, smurfs, and vampires that came out of nowhere, while you were given a reason to care about Alliance, Horde, Kul Tiras, Zandalar, Night elves, Forsaken, etc.

If anything you'd think the pandemic would make people use the forums more due to lockdowns, but that clearly isn't the case here
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post

The storyline of BfA, while garbage, was objectively more hype and generated more internet traffic than this one.

I also browse the EU official forum and it's dead now, while back in BfA between 8.1 and 8.2 (where we are now) it was far, far, far more active with way more activity.

- - - Updated - - -

And for the record, before anyone tries to say "oh but the pandemic!!! there wasn't pandemic during bfa that's why!!!", it is time to stop blaming outside circumstances and simply admit that Shadowlands' story is trash and boring. You're not given a reason to care about these furries, smurfs, and vampires that came out of nowhere, while you were given a reason to care about Alliance, Horde, Kul Tiras, Zandalar, Night elves, Forsaken, etc.

If anything you'd think the pandemic would make people use the forums more due to lockdowns, but that clearly isn't the case here
    I care about these furries, smurfs, vampires and scourge 2.0. Would actually love to get them as (neutral) allied races during the last patch of Shadowlands!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I wonder how long until 9.2 info. August?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Gamescom.
    /10chars

Formerly known as Arafal

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Gamescom.
    /10chars
    Doubt it. We would need separate Blizzard panel for it, general audience don't care about WoW patch.

I expect reveal same day as PTR, so any Fall date to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I care about these furries, smurfs, vampires and scourge 2.0. Would actually love to get them as (neutral) allied races during the last patch of Shadowlands!
    Don't forget the owls UwU

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Don't forget the owls UwU
    While I love them, they feel more like a minion pet race than a propper player race.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

That's how I feel about gnomes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    That's how I feel about gnomes.
    Gnomes have unique animations and two models for their different genders. Sadly owlboys and owlgirls don't have that. Same goes for Brokers. They don't even have a bow attack animation during the Tazavesh hardmode oO.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Definitely not before the final covenant questline is active, so at least 3-4 weeks at a minimum.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

- - - Updated - - -

Some people could think it has something to do with a special event on the northern hemisphere...it's called "summer". You should google that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Some people could think it has something to do with a special event on the northern hemisphere...it's called "summer". You should google that.
    Cause the forums aren't reprpesenative of activity of any playerbase..at all. I Dunno what he's smoking.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

What about summer? Please tell me you pinged me because you have a point.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

we should see info about it around august or september

Inb4 9.1.5 reveal in August instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

What about summer? Please tell me you pinged me because you have a point.
    I should explain my point to someone whose evidences about "forum activity" are anecdotal and subjective at best? I don't think so. That's beyond your grasp.

I should explain my point to someone whose evidences about "forum activity" are anecdotal and subjective at best? I don't think so. That's beyond your grasp.
    Then your concession is accepted.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gamescom reveal, PTR going up in "mid September" conveniently 1 week before or 1 week after the FF14 Endwalker Media Tour.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    No. Activity in this forum has basically stopped. Only 2-3 threads are active at any given time.
    This. I'm very surprised by how dead this forum has become in the last weeks and months. Shadowlands really is the new low of WoW and it really shows. Interest for WoW is at its lowest point and not only Shadowlands and its systems are to blame, the horrible storyline is as well.

It has zero to do with summer. It has to do with how bad Shadowlands is received. Final Fantasy XIV is acquiring new player peaks day after day right now and this trend started weeks before Asmongold put his hands on the game. The failing of Shadowlands has nothing to do with summer.

That's SUPER optimistic. 8.2 was released end of June 2019 and we got the first info about 8.3 only in September.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Gamescom reveal, PTR going up in "mid September" conveniently 1 week before or 1 week after the FF14 Endwalker Media Tour.
    8.3 PTR started early October after a reveal in September. Your timeline means Blizzard didn't just overcome their delays, they even accelerated development. Does that sound like a likely scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I expect reveal same day as PTR, so any Fall date to be honest.
    I don't know, if 9.2 is indeed the final patch of Shadowlands I expect more than just that. If it's not the last content patch, I agree on this.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-07-19 at 09:03 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again