Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Comparing it to wow is just dumb. Both of these games are the best at what they're good at and they're not the same things.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay Ion.

/10

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    And this is type of criticism towards games (both FF and Wow) we need more. "I don't like the game, it's not for me" is far better then "this game sucks, why are still playing it?".
    After 15 years of having to endure a large part of the WoW playerbase screeeching and fuming about basically every change implemented in the game, some of us are left quite cynical. I wouldnt be surprised that most of the people who are still claiming WoW sucks, FF is so much better are former wow players, and that the original FF players are just playing in peace, minding their own buisness. This whole situation is a bit pathological, imagine breaking up with your partner, finding a new one and then constantly harrassing your ex with "oh look, my new partner is so amazing, you suck".

You are also correct, FF is a tough sell for many people, i tried it and yes, i dont like the style, which is subjective, but the most important thing for me is that the combat does not feel fluid or smooth compared to WoW. And PvP is non existent, and in WoW it is still fun no matter the current imbalances.

Quote Originally Posted by guldin View Post
    - Game is poorly optimized for different platforms. I tried playing on the iMac with 8cores with Vega dedicated graphics and still it was laggy with little to no difference when changed graphic settings. Playing on Windows improved things drastically.

- The game feels awkward without voiceover npcs during questing.

- Buying FFXIV was a bad experience on the website.

- PVP sucks

- The actual good thing about this game is PVE

Not my cuppa, am out.
    I haven't played the game but from friends and watching some stuff about it I can tell you this:

Your first problem was attempting to play it on a Mac. A friend of mine only uses Mac and has a ton of issues running a lot of games 'made for it's properly.
    Awkward with no vo? Perhaps but the flow of the game is meant to be taken at a slower pace meaning reading is a thing. I know.. reading is antiquated but if you're willing to take the time it will be more enjoyable.
    I believe the game is mainly meant for PvE anyways so you shouldn't be surprised that the pvp isn't great. It helps to research things before jumping into them sometimes.

Gee, thanks for the blog post!
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu fhtagn View Post
    Comparing it to wow is just dumb. Both of these games are the best at what they're good at and they're not the same things.
    I never made any comparisons though

Quote Originally Posted by Jamais View Post
    After 15 years of having to endure a large part of the WoW playerbase screeeching and fuming about basically every change implemented in the game, some of us are left quite cynical. I wouldnt be surprised that most of the people who are still claiming WoW sucks, FF is so much better are former wow players, and that the original FF players are just playing in peace, minding their own buisness. This whole situation is a bit pathological, imagine breaking up with your partner, finding a new one and then constantly harrassing your ex with "oh look, my new partner is so amazing, you suck".

You are also correct, FF is a tough sell for many people, i tried it and yes, i dont like the style, which is subjective, but the most important thing for me is that the combat does not feel fluid or smooth compared to WoW. And PvP is non existent, and in WoW it is still fun no matter the current imbalances.
    I don't enjoy pvp and I like slower combat. Yet while I don't find Wow fun atm (lack of place in raiding guild/stable M+ team, so no much to do) I'm not hating it with all my heart. Final Fantasy might take a chunk of Wow population but it won't kill it (it didn't for over 5 years, why should it now?). But I find it good that there is a fluctuation in who plays what as competition might make both games become better in "fight for the client". I would love most of gaming discussion won't be ending with bashing each other.

- Game is poorly optimized for different platforms. I tried playing on the iMac with 8cores with Vega dedicated graphics and still it was laggy with little to no difference when changed graphic settings. Playing on Windows improved things drastically.

- The game feels awkward without voiceover npcs during questing.

- PVP sucks

- The actual good thing about this game is PVE

Not my cuppa, am out.
    FF has never been a threat to WoW - in fact the FF vanilla sucked really bad until the expansion.

It didn't even make it to the top 20 streaming games until recently.

It's not a perfect game - but it's a lesson. They have much healither management and promotion of the game, than what the big corperation sellers at Blizz, with much bigger wallet can perform.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying some reverse influencing??

Also, after playing wow since vanilla who in their right mind would add voice over/acting as a plus?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    FF has never been a threat to WoW - in fact the FF vanilla sucked really bad until the expansion.

It didn't even make it to the top 20 streaming games until recently.

It's not a perfect game - but it's a lesson. They have much healither management and promotion of the game, than what the big corperation sellers at Blizz, with much bigger wallet can perform.
    And with promotion you mean twitch streamers?
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    And with promotion you mean twitch streamers?
    I think more like how the devs are acting during gatherings and how they are in touch with the fanbase(just like how Blizz used to be during the early days).

I find it cool to see the Ion of the FF is doing cosplay and really giving a good public image.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am always confused by threads like this. "Stop enjoying this thing I don't enjoy!" It's like there is a not insignificant percentage of people out there who simply cannot wrap their heads around the idea that other people might have opinions that differ from their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I am always confused by threads like this. "Stop enjoying this thing I don't enjoy!" It's like there is a not insignificant percentage of people out there who simply cannot wrap their heads around the idea that other people might have opinions that differ from their own.
    Sadly "Quit having fun!" mentality is quite strong

The only gripes I have with XIV is the slower gcd, and the extremely bright and overdone spell animations. I do like the way the game looks though, more so than WoW. It looks more realistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe that in this day and age, any company could have such a horrible online store.... it is ridiculous how bad the process of buying a game is in square enix's web store.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    The only gripes I have with XIV is the slower gcd, and the extremely bright and overdone spell animations. I do like the way the game looks though, more so than WoW. It looks more realistic.
    Spell effects can be turned down or off if you want.

TL;DR, people make posts that always equate to "its not WoW".

Who hyped FFXIV as a PvP game?

I tried FF again since half my guild started playing it, but I can not deal with this shitty UI.

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    I can't believe that in this day and age, any company could have such a horrible online store.... it is ridiculous how bad the process of buying a game is in square enix's web store.
    I actually went out of my way to purchase the game, despite the shitty experience I had, but I stopped at the end.

Moral of the story if that they should polish up the game/UI/buying experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    I tried FF again since half my guild started playing it, but I can not deal with this shitty UI.
    I would assume that if they polished up the UI, you would stick to it, long term?