Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I haven't got a Mac and I don't do PvP.

Agree that buying on the website is pish, and the questgiving feels drawn out. Not everything needs a 5 minutes of text to tell me to kill 10 animals.

I've only ever played WoW for the PvE, and if FF XIV is like that but without all the needless cocking about with endgame systems then I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I haven't got a Mac and I don't do PvP.

Agree that buying on the website is pish, and the questgiving feels drawn out. Not everything needs a 5 minutes of text to tell me to kill 10 animals.

I've only ever played WoW for the PvE, and if FF XIV is like that but without all the needless cocking about with endgame systems then I'm in.
    I am happy that we can atleast agree on somethings that causes newcomers SOME frustrations.

It's merely an ok mmo, over hyping it like this is only going to blow back on it hard when people realize after a couple months that it's not all that. Asmongold won't continue streaming, what's he going to do, ok everyone watch me watch cutscenes.

Then ofc some people will try it and love the game, and maybe become one of the dedicated player's, for me personally all it did was wake me up to how much better wow is. If you want depth, challenge, play the majority of the time, i could go on and on... wow is the game. If you want to watch videos and not really play much, ffxiv is the ticket.

Game is getting new players by the day and prior to asmongold giving It free marketing, its surely decent enough

7+ Year Old Account
    I no like game
    Pls unsub

K thx
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by guldin View Post
    - Game is poorly optimized for different platforms. I tried playing on the iMac with 8cores with Vega dedicated graphics and still it was laggy with little to no difference when changed graphic settings. Playing on Windows improved things drastically.

- The game feels awkward without voiceover npcs during questing.

- Buying FFXIV was a bad experience on the website.

- PVP sucks

- The actual good thing about this game is PVE

Not my cuppa, am out.
    Yes, Macs do indeed suck. FFXIV is pretty good (which makes it better than WoW at this point).

Yes, I own and use a Mac. Mac is what is overhyped.

Quote Originally Posted by xpsync View Post
    It's merely an ok mmo, over hyping it like this is only going to blow back on it hard when people realize after a couple months that it's not all that. Asmongold won't continue streaming, what's he going to do, ok everyone watch me watch cutscenes.

Then ofc some people will try it and love the game, and maybe become one of the dedicated player's, for me personally all it did was wake me up to how much better wow is. If you want depth, challenge, play the majority of the time, i could go on and on... wow is the game. If you want to watch videos and not really play much, ffxiv is the ticket.
    Your talking about a guy whose WoW content includes stuff like "mount offs" and "transmog tournaments." Pretty sure everything he does with WoW he can do with FF. Easy.

I think it's time a moderator was assigned to this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    Your talking about a guy whose WoW content includes stuff like "mount offs" and "transmog tournaments." Pretty sure everything he does with WoW he can do with FF. Easy.
    he was openly talking about his first FF transmog contest on a stream

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    Give it a bit of time, he will be back to wow and ffxiv will be a long forgotten memory, heed my words, errrr my post lol

Give it a bit of time, he will be back to wow and ffxiv will be a long forgotten memory, heed my words, errrr my post lol
    Perfect scenario would be if both games would be equally good and worth playing so notable streamers would play both of them.

Im glad it’s getting some attention since wow is nosediving. It deserves it
    Mighty one, never forget.

To quote asmongold himself:

"Im gonna do everything on this game man" hes repeatedly said, multiple times hes playing wow and XIV, but he may be devoting more time atm to XIV because he enjoyed it, if you missed his stream last night the guy actively said it was amazing, multiple times.

You may be a bit on the deluded side here ngl buddy, Zack's openly said he is still gonna play WoW, he just wont play it as much atm because theres not enough content for him to stream long term.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    To quote asmongold himself:

"Im gonna do everything on this game man" hes repeatedly said, multiple times hes playing wow and XIV, but he may be devoting more time atm to XIV because he enjoyed it, if you missed his stream last night the guy actively said it was amazing, multiple times.

You may be a bit on the deluded side here ngl buddy, Zack's openly said he is still gonna play WoW, he just wont play it as much atm because theres not enough content for him to stream long term.
    OK Cap! GOT IT!!!

omg lol my dude, first i don't waste my time watching streamers, i play! All streamers are attention money whores, they're going to do whatever triggers people like yourself the most, he rakes in huge $$$$ and you just blow your health getting all worked up over what? this guy! what a guy who won't matter in a couple more years says, and quote him too omg. He's programed to say what you want to hear... For Now, as long as you're making him money.

The fact you are putting so much clout in to who the f ever this random guy who happened to be in the right place right time, is super frightening. WHO CARES, he himself will be a long forgotten memory in a few years he'll be filthy f'ing rich and you'll be what? Lobbing for whoever fills his shoes next?

My sons have been watching him since they were teens, so yeah ofc i know of him and i know he's really good at telling people what they want to hear, been hearing that for years. The eldest no longer bothers with him and the younger one will tune in when the drama is dialed to 11, then stops watching him. As they are maturing their interest in Asmongold is dwindling rapidly. Thank gawd!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Oh no it's PvP sucks.

Best go play another MMO with good PvP, like.. umm. I'm sure there's one.
    Archeage had some decent pvp, could steal other guilds supplies on the open ocean. Was quite fun being a pirate

- Game is poorly optimized for different platforms. I tried playing on the iMac with 8cores with Vega dedicated graphics and still it was laggy with little to no difference when changed graphic settings. Playing on Windows improved things drastically.

- The game feels awkward without voiceover npcs during questing.

- Buying FFXIV was a bad experience on the website.

- PVP sucks

- The actual good thing about this game is PVE

Not my cuppa, am out.

Imagine gaming in a mac, liking only pvp games, and dont understand a basic website wich took me 3 minutes of my time looking for the game and buy it, man it must suck to be you, i hope you really really really really love those 2 games that you can play.
    I started xiv a week ago, having a blast reading every quest, doing story, exploring, guildies and community is so awesome, and im not even lvl 30.
    Ofc its far from a perfect game, but do you really need to tell others to get out of the game? Is your opinion the only valid one and the rest of us must die? Hitler wants a word with you, plis sr, get back yo wow, where the rest of your kind can keep selling boosts and insult each other all day, im done with wow forever

iMac with 8cores with Vega dedicated graphics
    I mean, playing to fail, then blaming the game seems ... you know, really stupid.

Glad you realized you need an actual computer to play this.
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

Is Final Fantasy 14 better then WoW? Currently, yes. Final Fantasy gets better with each expansion because it chooses to learn what the community wants while also adding their own stuff. What does WoW do? Have you seen Ion talk about it? Charts, Algorithms, reiterations of past systems to make the game more grindy and boring. The games been spiralling the toilet since WOD introduced Garrisons, which became Class order halls, which became a ship at a harbour which became covenants. They reuse the same tripe and fan boys lap it up. Their recent update, the big X.1 content drop is a small island filled with dailies and a raid that has a 15min boss fight at the end.

I'm not even going to compare the stories because that'd be comparing an Epic Saga to a Buzzfeed article.

Even the most hardcore apple fans will tell you macs ain't good for gaming of any kind.

You know game is good that when one of the worst complaints bout it is... that their website sucks.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    I thought that "I quit" threads wasn't allowed on MMO-C
    You also thought this was an "I quit" thread when it's just trying to stir the pot.