Poll: What do you think the 5th character will be?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Blizzard tends to copy ideas between D3 and WoW. D3 got the monk in 2012. WoW got the monk in 2012. So let's run with that in this post.

Diablo 4 was announced in 2019. BfA was current. They didn't add new classes. But Legion did. Legion added a double-jumping glaive-user that shot laser beams out of its demon eyes. So we might get some sort of WoW demon hunter in D4 (yes I know the name is taken in D3, they can call it something else).

Another choice might be Tyrande's night warrior. That emerged in BfA. Its not a class, but it could be. She's basically a Star Elf. Maybe D4's version would be a Star Warrior, some kind of tanky class covered in stars.
    But Monk was already a class in Diablo 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Necrosis have been top dog for a very long time. So much so there are constant complaints on the official forums about D3 being P2W. Crusaders were only tops recently with LoVs first season as a set. It's been nerfed each season since.
    Yeah sure because official forums are the way to go... LoV has been nerfed multiple times and it still remains a S tier build.

Look, this is not a dick measuring contest but Crusaders has been always the better class out there. Sure there might have been times when they weren't exactly great but far from weak. Other classes had times when they had just one solid build and rest was complete trash. Crusaders are safe class to play and that's part of a reason why they are popular.

I hope they do the Templar since it is the only of the 3 branches that they have not put in a game yet.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Yeah sure because official forums are the way to go... LoV has been nerfed multiple times and it still remains a S tier build.

Look, this is not a dick measuring contest but Crusaders has been always the better class out there. Sure there might have been times when they weren't exactly great but far from weak. Other classes had times when they had just one solid build and rest was complete trash. Crusaders are safe class to play and that's part of a reason why they are popular.
    As opposed to here?

Go to non online, non competitive games and even PnP games. The holy knight archetype is hands down one of if not, the most popular to play. It isn't just about how well they do. Pet/summoner classes aren't typically popular. Even when the WD could clear top GRs without doing a damned thing and letting the pets/haunt do all the killing for them, no one played it. When the Crusader wasn't that high on the list it was still one of the most played classes. Necro when being on top with 2-3 builds in S or A, it's still rarely played compared to Wiz, Crusader, and Barb.

Some may find it iconic and like it better, overall, it's just not when compared to the holy knight archetype.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I hope they do the Templar since it is the only of the 3 branches that they have not put in a game yet.
    As long as the Templar characters spouse similar idiotic phrases as he did, like he's never seen that enemy before after destroying 100s withing the last few minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    As opposed to here?

Go to non online, non competitive games and even PnP games. The holy knight archetype is hands down one of if not, the most popular to play. It isn't just about how well they do. Pet/summoner classes aren't typically popular. Even when the WD could clear top GRs without doing a damned thing and letting the pets/haunt do all the killing for them, no one played it. When the Crusader wasn't that high on the list it was still one of the most played classes. Necro when being on top with 2-3 builds in S or A, it's still rarely played compared to Wiz, Crusader, and Barb.

Some may find it iconic and like it better, overall, it's just not when compared to the holy knight archetype.
    I think people confuse the term 'iconic' with 'popular'.

For example look at Barbarians, at first look they are as basic of an archetype as it can get. Yet, they still managed to make them interesting by adding cool lore and giving them this Ancient power to enhance what might be just a typical warrior. They too are an iconic Diablo class, nobody can dispute that.

Sure Holy Knight archetype is a popular one but I think Diablo Necromancer is interesting and not your typical dark spellcaster or summoner. I really dislike the probability that Necromancer will once again be left out of the base game because adding Paladin feels lazy and predictable. Sorry I prefer less popular and more interesting choices - Druid is not the most popular class either and I am happy to see them included.

As opposed to here?

- - - Updated - - -

As long as the Templar characters spouse similar idiotic phrases as he did, like he's never seen that enemy before after destroying 100s withing the last few minutes.
    Lite a small toddler lmao
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    A holy knight of some type. They impressed me with the D2 and D3 differences they made. I expect similar in D4.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

What's the difference between paladin and a templar? I mean gameplay wise I guess.
    I only play Hots, D3 and WoW occasionally. Paladin is my main in wow and the D3 templar seems pretty much the same thing.
    Speaking of, we need proper pally in Hots too. Johanna gets like half pally spells and she's a crusader.
    So actually, I'm not sure I understand the difference between all 3.

And is there a timeframe for release? I can't recall now.

The crusader is great. It would also be interesting, they add a class that is demonic in nature, shadow magic, etc. By the way, the Paladin is not at all fresh compared to the Crusader. And the soundtrack is like in syndicate casion.
    Last edited by marcose; 2021-08-30 at 10:24 AM.

Interestingly WoWhead leaked they were potentially working on a class called "Blood Knight" for D:I

Considering Immortal has no unique classes yet and its mash up of II & III, some people speculate this could be the 5th D4 class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    Hellfire isn't canon, and wasn't developed by Blizzard.
    Technically the monk is, Hellfire is not that's true, Blizzard have mentioned monks were a thing in Diablo back then although the Brotherhood of the Bough hasnt been mentioned since Hellfire, only difference is that they were Asian in Diablo 1 and now in Diablo 3 they are Caucasian unless they are different types of monks which could be the case :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Judging by the colors, life is red, barbarian has orange resource, sorceress has blue, druid has green, rogue has purple, so the only one missing is yellow which most likely fits a priest/paladin/crusader/templar class, assuming they keep white & black for the expansions, brown less likely. There is also a possibility of a gothic themed inquisitor/witch hunter maybe...*...some trolls would say a pink themed class...
    Last edited by Nzembwamugumbwalchu; 2021-12-25 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moosiakdefrogosa View Post
    Necro and paladin without a doubt.
    Can only be one 5th class. It will be the holy sword and board archetype. Necro will come later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Interestingly WoWhead leaked they were potentially working on a class called "Blood Knight" for D:I

Considering Immortal has no unique classes yet and its mash up of II & III, some people speculate this could be the 5th D4 class.
    Doubt a new class would be introduced in the D2/D3 Pre-Sequel. Wouldn't make any sense.

It is looking likely it 'll be a Paladin/Templar/Crusader or whatever " heavy Holy warrior " type would fill.
    Kind of hope it isn 't though.....by the off chance we could get something brand new.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's probably going to be a shield wearing class. I haven't really followed class design closely, but none of the currently announced classes have historically used shields.
    I don't know, maybe Blizzard is planning a future expansion where they will announce a brand new class AND shields. Lots of people love using shields. It would make the new expansion a must buy for a lot of people.
    But for the sake of diversity, I can't see shields not being included from the start, and for that you need a core shield wearing class. Barbarian, druid, sorceress and rogue are not those classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    It's probably going to be a shield wearing class. I haven't really followed class design closely, but none of the currently announced classes have historically used shields.
    I don't know, maybe Blizzard is planning a future expansion where they will announce a brand new class AND shields. Lots of people love using shields. It would make the new expansion a must buy for a lot of people.
    But for the sake of diversity, I can't see shields not being included from the start, and for that you need a core shield wearing class. Barbarian, druid, sorceress and rogue are not those classes.
    There were no true shield wearers from the star of D3. People were pissed. The silhouette is clearly someone in chainmail similar to the paladin starting gear form D2.

15+ Year Old Account
    There were no true shield wearers from the star of D3. People were pissed. The silhouette is clearly someone in chainmail similar to the paladin starting gear form D2.
    You're right, I forgot that crusader was not part of the core team.
    Well there goes my analyzation lol.

Can only be one 5th class. It will be the holy sword and board archetype. Necro will come later.

- - - Updated - - -

Doubt a new class would be introduced in the D2/D3 Pre-Sequel. Wouldn't make any sense.
    Hope at least a couple of classes will come later, I would kill for a Druid in D3

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Hope at least a couple of classes will come later, I would kill for a Druid in D3
    I'd kill for a Druid in D3. The chances are slim with just the janitor and bookkeeper running the show at D3. However, there is a better chance of a the Druid being added to D3 than a brand new, never before seen class being added to a game that fits in between D2 and D3.

I'd kill for a Druid in D3. The chances are slim with just the janitor and bookkeeper running the show at D3. However, there is a better chance of a the Druid being added to D3 than a brand new, never before seen class being added to a game that fits in between D2 and D3.
    Well, tbh basically anything can imho fit Diablo lore as long as it’s dark or darkened enough.

The problem is “inventing” a new class and how it works in practice more than find something coherent lore wise.

We have the mage, we have the warrior, we have the Paladin, we have the assassin, we have the monk, the Amazon, the druid, the necro and the shaman, the demon hunter, I don’t really know if they can push from the hat a “new” class.
    Last edited by chiddie; 2021-12-30 at 07:47 PM.