Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Wow has turned very bad these last two xpaks imo, so it doesn't surprise me people looking for an excuse to jump ship. When I played it, FF was a solid game. Not WoW in its prime solid, but very fun to play mmo that is supported very well by obviously caring developers.

Not surprised. I didn't go to FF, but I went to other games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I used to feel similarly, but I got burned too many times by Blizzard, or the things that helped make the games fun fell away. It used to be that I thought I would never leave WoW, because Warcraft is part of my childhood and I grew up with it, but just recently I decided to finally cut the cord and quit. The Blizzard we grew up with is dead, the people who made it are gone, and clinging to the hope that they'll magically return to what they once were was too much for me.

I wish you the best, though.
    i still cling, because else means the best time of life itself is really dead, over, that all awaits me is just misery and horrible daily grind to just eat and die
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I tried FFXIV a second time during the 9.0 lull and liked it for the most part. Only thing that stopped me from getting the ball rolling was the feel of the combat. If they ever improve that, I'd probably be more eager to jump ships.

With all the noise of streamers switching over, I was considering on going back to try FFXIV again after the whole 9.1 lukewarm reception and the SoD cinematic. I was interested to see how the story was handled on the other side, after WoW had somehow reached new lows in that aspect.

It's getting harder to stick with WoW when they keep fumbling around, barely making improvements, and learning things only to forget later on. I might give FFXIV another shot at this point after my remaining sub runs out and I've gotten a better feel on how 9.1 shapes up to be. If anything else, I'm curious to see how much better FF does its story, partly for the sake of comparison.
    Last edited by John Croquette; 2021-07-19 at 04:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I don't know if I would be happy if my game gets swarmed by players that are driven by the desire to experience Drama. But okay, to each their own.
    No? You dont want your game to be insanely successful by the swarm of people who poses the currency to help you expand?

Its a good thing you aren't running the company. No offense but capital is needed for expansion and that capital does come from some who are deemed "undesirables". Want proof? Look at what Blizzard did to bans; they went from perma bans to 6 month bans for botting. You think its an accident? No! The dollar from a mega racist troll holds the same value as the straight edge choir boy.

Personally speaking IDGAF who buys my product as long as its being consumed and im getting paid.
    Last edited by Agent Smith; 2021-07-19 at 04:32 PM. Reason: mansplaining

Hey bro if you're gonna just copy pasta quin69's retarded take, at least drop a disclaimer that you didn't actually play the game before you decided to steal an opinion from a guy who didn't play the game either.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Thinking about it, I'm glad "millions" are leaving WoW. As we all know, only a very small portion of the community plays at the higher level.. Which means the vast majority of those leaving.... Are shitters.
    This is nothing new though. WoW has been 'loosing' millions of people every months for years now. At this rate, Blizzard is surely the first game to have a number of subscribers in the negative if we believe the doomsayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    Calling bullshit. The shift started prior to this guy streaming FFXIV. It was that shift and popularity movement that got him to try it.
    This. It’s copium inhaling wow denialists trying to revise events.

WoW getting forced to its knees and being made to accept the situation is the only time we have been able to get change in the past 5+ years.

It's always the same with them streamers... one gets his hands on something next thing you know all of them will follow the "trend" and consecutively the herd just so they don't "fall behind".
    And yes he is partly responsible for FF14s rise in popularity, him and and 4-5 others who play/talk and praise it constantly while bashing WoW at the same time.
    I'm just patiently waiting for the moment where FF14's faults and shortcomings will come to light. Cause it does have, but freaking nobody seems to be talking about them.
    Instead it's been presented like some sort of MMO Promised Land Utopia where all your dreams will be fulfilled.

Nobody can doubt the power of the hypewagon.
    Prime example is "Among Us" which gained insane popularity 2 years after its initial release and all of that because of twitch streamers.

So yeah people are being "sheeped" into FF14

Too many of the developers with genuine passion left WoW. It's not going to bounce back as it's been in a slow but steady decline for a while now. Will it 'die' in the typical sense? Maybe, maybe not. I'm sure there's a few ways to milk money out of it still without necessarily having to shut it down.

What makes me think it might die for real is that they also dropped the ball with Overwatch and don't seem to have much of note on the horizon to put them on the map in the same way some other big companies do.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyvamp View Post
    I'm just patiently waiting for the moment where FF14's faults and shortcomings will come to light. Cause it does have, but freaking nobody seems to be talking about them.
    I think it's the Legion effect. Legion had a lot of faults but it wasn't a big deal because everything else was really good.

A lot of the issues FF has are almost a decade old but people don't mind them because the complete package is so good. FF also has the advantage of all content being additive and the base design philosophy rarely changing, you know what you're going to get so the complete package only grows.

WoW is reductive in its design, if the current patch is small then the game is small. They're also making sweeping changes on a regular basis. If you come back after a break chances are you won't know how the game works anymore and your class is likely overhauled.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...I'm just patiently waiting for the moment where FF14's faults and shortcomings will come to light. Cause it does have, but freaking nobody seems to be talking about them. Instead it's been presented like some sort of MMO Promised Land Utopia where all your dreams will be fulfilled.
    What you aren't seeing is another MMO that currently has what WoW players HAVE BEEN asking for will be sought after over the MMO who has REPEATEDLY disappointed them. Think of being in a marriage for 15+ years and at the end of it, your spouse ignores you, downplays your grievances, tells you how to feel about what he's giving you(content) and completely cuts off any dialogue you used to have with them because they dont want to hear how bad they are screwing up. Dont forget the added bonus of having to navigate through a the maze of customer support questions before you can even submit a ticket.

yea, no thank you. After 15 years in WoW and over $12,000 spent (RaF rewards and AH mount tipped me over), im gonna look for greener pastures. I dont care that it was The Bald King and Bellular that shed light on the game, im just happy that someone did. Because without them, I wouldn't have even bothered re-examining just how horrible the state of Warcraft is.

It's always the same with them streamers... one gets his hands on something next thing you know all of them will follow the "trend" and consecutively the herd just so they don't "fall behind".
    And yes he is partly responsible for FF14s rise in popularity, him and and 4-5 others who play/talk and praise it constantly while bashing WoW at the same time.
    Instead it's been presented like some sort of MMO Promised Land Utopia where all your dreams will be fulfilled.

Nobody can doubt the power of the hypewagon.
    Prime example is "Among Us" which gained insane popularity 2 years after its initial release and all of that because of twitch streamers.

So yeah people are being "sheeped" into FF14
    OMG NO WAY!!! A sane person, hey my dude! lmao

Yeah wow - OMG F'ING GAWD WTF BLIZZ, HOW F'ING DARE YOU, SCUM COMPANY, TRASH GAME, HOW DARE YO SELL A COUPLE MOUNTs IN THE CASH SHOP. OFF TO FFXIV FOR ME!! - that's right right? that's what i'm supposed to say right, is that like the popular thing to say right now, i better check all knowing streamers for how i'm supposed to think.

meanwhile ffxiv has the most outrageous disgusting cash shop known in any game, but everyone's whisper quite on that.... for now, until people start to understand how deeply flawed the game is at the core or a streamer turns on it, and then all the lemmings get in line.

15+ Year Old Account
    It does work. I watched him play, and now I'd like to play it myself again. But I don't remember or know why I lost interest in it last time, so not sure if it's worth it.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
    No? You dont want your game to be insanely successful by the swarm of people who poses the currency to help you expand?.
    The people they're talking about are mindless sheep. And I say that with the utmost respect. People who only do or think what some random guy on the internet with a webcam says. They don't know or even understand if what they're doing/saying is correct or not.

People like that add 0 value. The game is better off without them. They'll just inflate queues and take up space.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    The people they're talking about are mindless sheep. And I say that with the utmost respect. People who only do or think what some random guy on the internet with a webcam says. They don't know or even understand if what they're doing/saying is correct or not.

People like that add 0 value. The game is better off without them. They'll just inflate queues and take up space.
    Any opinions held by a homeless upset balding man who looks 40 are rendered blanket invalid if held by anyone else.

Kek the cope on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by xpsync View Post
    OMG NO WAY!!! A sane person, hey my dude! lmao

Yeah wow - OMG F'ING GAWD WTF BLIZZ, HOW F'ING DARE YOU, SCUM COMPANY, TRASH GAME, HOW DARE YO SELL A COUPLE MOUNTs IN THE CASH SHOP. OFF TO FFXIV FOR ME!! - that's right right? that's what i'm supposed to say right, is that like the popular thing to say right now, i better check all knowing streamers for how i'm supposed to think.

meanwhile ffxiv has the most outrageous disgusting cash shop known in any game, but everyone's whisper quite on that.... for now, until people start to understand how deeply flawed the game is at the core or a streamer turns on it, and then all the lemmings get in line.
    It really fucking doesn't. You're only saying that because WoW is losing popularity. Go look at Black Desert Online or ESO if you want to see an ACTUAL outrageous and disgusting cash shop. FFXIV isn't deeply flawed. You're just salty it's doing better than WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    The shift to FFXIV from WoW started years ago. I personally popped over to FFXIV casually at the very end of MoP during FFXIV's ARR. I played the two side by side, and would take regular breaks from FFXIV to play WoW patches and expansions.

WoD held my attention for only a few months, and mere days before the X.1 patch of WoD, I went to play FFXIV full time until Legion dropped. When Legion dropped, I played that for a few months, and gradually I began moving more and more to playing FFXIV again. A couple of weeks before the Legion X.1 patch dropped, I uninstalled WoW and all Blizzard games and haven't looked back.

Many of the friends I met along the way have similar stories. They made a gradual transition where they tried the two side by side because they had a hard time letting go of WoW. But over time, as they saw that FFXIV cared more about its players and offered more and better content (raiding isn't the only reason to play an MMO after all) they too uninstalled WoW. The story was pretty much the same for everyone I met.

The BIG exodus began after shadowlands dropped. A couple of months after SL, there was a small surge in players coming over to FFXIV again. The effect gradually snowballed. Smaller streamers began to jump on board the ship. The effect became so tremendous that it got Asmongold's attention. This is a guy who said he would "never" play FFXIV and now look at him.

Yes, Asmongold has brought over a significant number of players, but Asmongold is a bandwagoner as are all of the people coming over simply because of him. They only came over once they were able to see that a ton of other people were having fun playing the game.

These days, people don't seem to believe that FFXIV has more players than retail WoW, and yet when I watch my friends stream on some of the big WoW servers I barely see any players as they run around cities and the world. The world feels empty, void of players. They do some dailies, maybe see 1 or 2 people, do a raid with their raid group and everyone in the raid logs off instantly aftewards. Meanwhile FFXIV you will find players everywhere, even in old zones that were dead 2ish years ago. The game is alive and full, and Square is investing $60m towards server infrastructure to handle the player load.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    It really fucking doesn't. You're only saying that because WoW is losing popularity. Go look at Black Desert Online or ESO if you want to see an ACTUAL outrageous and disgusting cash shop. FFXIV isn't deeply flawed. You're just salty it's doing better than WoW.
    Whoa! so upset, hey it's ok, truth hurts, it's normal.

ffxiv cash shop is out of control and agree, you're right, it is on par with ESO and BDO, cash shops are their end game content for their only audience/players - wallet players (whales). You can even pay to skip all the content and go straight to end game (the cash shop) like what do people not get?

The game devs are literally laughing at the players, all that content, the whole purpose, the purest soul of the game, the content, and you can pay too like WTF (i can't believe i can honestly and truthfully say this but) PAY TO SKIP the only thing the game has going for it, like pay real money, it's epically mind blowing that this is even acceptable.

Yeah real great mmo there lmao.

Hey anything taking whales out of wow before they corrupt wow is ok in my book my dude.
    Last edited by xpsync; 2021-07-19 at 05:49 PM.

I don't want to take anything away from Asmongold because I really enjoy his content. I think he's getting a bit too much credit for this, though. The way people are talking it's as if FFXIV was dead before he started to play, which just wasn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by xpsync View Post
    Whoa! so upset, hey it's ok, truth hurts, it's normal.

ffxiv cash shop is out of control and agree, you're right, it is on par with ESO and BDO, cash shops are their end game content for their only audience/players - wallet players (whales). You can even pay to skip all the content and go straight to end game (the cash shop) like what do people not get?

The game devs are literally laughing at the players, all that content, the whole purpose, the purest soul of the game, the content, and you can pay too like WTF (i can't believe i can honestly and truthfully say this but) PAY TO SKIP the only thing the game has going for it, like pay real money, it's epically mind blowing that this is even acceptable.

Yeah real great mmo there lmao.

Hey anything taking whales out of wow before they corrupt wow is ok in my book my dude.
    It definitely isn't on par with the other games I mentioned. FFXIV cash shop is no worse than WoW's. The level boost is literally the exact same thing as WoW's but somehow WoW is "less corrupt". All you're doing is showing you're a gigantic WoW shill and are salty as fuck that WoW is failing.
    Last edited by TheRevenantHero; 2021-07-19 at 06:04 PM.