Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    And reclearing cost them jaina

The ghuun situation was different because they believed it was mathematically impossible

This boss is possible and they only need to shave a few % off which if each player can get a 3 set or a trinket upgrade then they can pull this off

Either way they’ll feel bad
    Confused, didn't Jaina die in the first reset by Method?

Anyhow, I don't see Limit killing it this reset.

The ghuun situation was different because they believed it was mathematically impossible
    It was, they just weren't prepared for the nerf to, iirc, warlocks. They were still able to kill it anyway, they just took longer, losing wf.
    -=Retired Former World's Best Player=-

10+ Year Old Account
    LIMIT WORLD FIRST MYTHIC SYLVANAS KILL

is what I'd be saying if Limit won
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2021-07-20 at 08:04 AM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    Well just have it reset at like 9am for EST time in the US and like 3pm in Europe. Might be some better times than that, but i'm pretty sure that would work a hell of a lot better than what we have now and would be a MUCH more level playing field.
    just spend 2 minutes thinking this is a global game. let that sink in. that means there are raids happening 24 hours of the day across the globe. now suddenly, my raid group who has been raiding at same hours since TBC, and who can only raid 1 night; is getting their raid hours cut right through weekly reset. for what, 40 sweaty boys so they can have fair race? it will never, ever happen. they need a different solution.

gingi is a nice guy, not the sharpest tool in the shed though if he thinks global launch is same as this.

Quote Originally Posted by zortport View Post
    just spend 2 minutes thinking this is a global game. let that sink in. that means there are raids happening 24 hours of the day across the globe. now suddenly, my raid group who has been raiding at same hours since TBC, and who can only raid 1 night; is getting their raid hours cut right through weekly reset. for what, 40 sweaty boys so they can have fair race? it will never, ever happen. they need a different solution.

gingi is a nice guy, not the sharpest tool in the shed though if he thinks global launch is same as this.
    The answer is tournament realms, it's the answer to a lot of things without hurting the playbase as a whole, but too many people would say it's not the "real" RWF.

well, with echo getting a 46.35%, it means they get the kill once they wake up. They'll have many hours to find that one perfect pull where everyone is alive in the final phase.

Limit only wins if they manage to get the kill before echo wakes up, but it seems unlikely with how poorly they are performing right now, just not even able to reach 50% consistently, let alone 45%

the reset is not going to matter for world first and second, it'll matter for world third that's between method and bdgg
    Last edited by voidox; 2021-07-19 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    The answer is tournament realms, it's the answer to a lot of things without hurting the playbase as a whole, but too many people would say it's not the "real" RWF.
    Including the ones competing lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    well, with echo getting a 46.35%, it means they get the kill once they wake up. They'll have many hours to find that one perfect pull where everyone is alive in the final phase.

Limit only wins if they manage to get the kill before echo wakes up, but it seems unlikely with how poorly they are performing right now, just not even able to reach 50% consistently, let alone 45%
    Max is getting done being the nice guy and I’m here for it
    The lack of holding people accountable is why they get constant mistakes at the same point

After dinner we will see a flip in attitude

Including the ones competing lol
    Which is funny because it's literally the answer to every single one of their complaints.

Hate splits - Tournament realms
    Hate rng - Tournament realms
    Hate delayed release schedule - Tournament realms.

Max is getting done being the nice guy and I’m here for it
    The lack of holding people accountable is why they get constant mistakes at the same point

After dinner we will see a flip in attitude
    ya, that's kinda the only hope left for limit, a post-dinner surge and getting the kill before Echo wake up

EDIT - haha, annnd just as I type that, they get a 47% pull before dinner
    Last edited by voidox; 2021-07-19 at 11:48 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    47.8% on that last attempt
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

10+ Year Old Account
    Limit 47.8% wipe
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    3% is still massive... I don't know, they are 1% higher going into the first platform vs echo. They are definitely edging closer but I just don't think it might be doable for them this reset without drastic changes. Echo I still think can pull it off, their DPS is truly insane.

It's quite clearly going down soon after Limit's reset. Let the meltdown commence.

the reset is not going to matter for world first and second, it'll matter for world third that's between method and bdgg
    i'd wager limit will be making you eat these words soon enough =p

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ye, so they should rather allow WF to go to a guild that skipped an important and intended part of the encounter? Then you would have different people screaming that Echo bugged/exploited/cheated it's way towards WF. Sudden hotfixes mid attempt are the norm at this point, and everyone knows that. And yes, there is no integrity in the race, simply because of different launch time and Blizz inconsistency when it comes to punishing exploits.
    True, it's a lose/lose scenario really. If we're being honest, this falls down to encounter design and lack of testing. It's not as if this patch was rushed out after 3 months or something, there was plenty of time to add such mechanics (look how fast the hotfix was designed and implemented). Sucks either way.

Because it’s as though you didn’t really kill it on live

Would the gear you get copy over???
    Would the achievements???
    Could you mail gear to the toons on that realm??

blizzard hotfixing mid-pull and/or mid-race has happened MANY times in the past:

Nzoth was literally despawned at 25% when Limit was killing him, and blizzard hotfixed it

Blizzard hotfixed Thok the Bloodthirsty mid-pull on Method

and so on

this is nothing new and there is nothing wrong with what Blizzard did, cause they've done it many times before.
    Never said it was new and I don't think this being justified as being 'correct' simply because they've done it before is any sort of valid argument. Test more, if you throw in some adds into an encounter that you intend to be killed, add a mechanic somewhere that ensures this is the case. If you put adds into an encounter and nothing happens when you ignore one of them except for the fact that you progress further into the fight, it gives off the impression that you don't HAVE TO kill them and that ignoring one is a valid strategy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    It's quite clearly going down soon after Limit's reset. Let the meltdown commence.
    Expecting the same. Both Limit and Echo are falling short by a similar-ish amount of DPS. The gear from the reset tomorrow (for Limit anyway) will be more than enough to secure 10/10 imo. Some people are saying that guilds need to re-prog KT because of the fix but I'm not sure those people realize how much of an increase it is to all throughput when you reclear a raid heh.

Quote Originally Posted by gobarj View Post
    3% is still massive... I don't know, they are 1% higher going into the first platform vs echo. They are definitely edging closer but I just don't think it might be doable for them this reset without drastic changes. Echo I still think can pull it off, their DPS is truly insane.
    People have been saying this since p3 was first reached

We saw people saying echo couldn’t make up the % advantage they lost after the hot fix and then they got even closer

We saw people say it was mathematically impossible to get under 50%

I think the best solution is something I heard gingi suggesting earlier today. Making certain realms in EU(and presumably the other regions) where you can transfer to and have your weekly reset attuned to the same time NA has it. This would allow 99% of wow population to be unaffected and provide a completely even ground to compete for those who want to compete in the world first race. Of course, logistically speaking it might be terrible to try to implement but it's definitely doable.

If the Boss doesnt die this Reset

Limit should wait until Echo had recleared and start at the same Time