I'll say though, I'm trying out some of the different maven atlas nodes - lockboxes, blight, ritual, delirium (ditching some alva/jun nodes) and I'm kinda digging it. Just with my characters damage was better, did a 4 watchstone birdy lady and holy shit my damage sucks. But hey, with tons of room to grow she's almost as good as my caustic arrow/toxic rain build so that's nice. Not using Glancing Blows (which would easily hardcap me without needing anything like bone offering on my trigger), but I don't have the passive defenses (especially armor, yet) to take the damage from hits >.<

Just chuffed that I'm sorta stagnate now as I wait on better gear so I can finish up levels (since I seem to be stuck at around 30% into 91) and my luck is garbage. Drops suck shit (really needs to be addressed at some point) and harvest crafts have not been terribly kind : (

Yeah, drops do suck.. I stopped identifying most rares quite early this league. I think I have somewhat less reliance on trade than many others, but at this time I can't see me playing SSF. (I generally don't trade for finished items, but I often trade for bases, or sometimes things with say 1-3 good mods and then use Harvest crafts to reroll suffixes or such.)

I'd love to see better drops, but I kinda don't see it happening anytime soon..

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/vi...3147157/page/1 Manifesto is out

No I'm not copy-pasting, it's 6k words long and full of nerfs. Raider lost Element immunity and Onslaught and I just can't be assed to look over the rest. Everything sucks.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/vi...3147157/page/1 Manifesto is out

No I'm not copy-pasting, it's 6k words long and full of nerfs. Raider lost Element immunity and Onslaught and I just can't be assed to look over the rest. Everything sucks.
    Just gave it a skim and while it looks painful...I don't disagree with them on just about anything in the manifesto, especially if the goal is to slow down the game leading into PoE 2.

Support gems - This is gonna hurt a lot of builds, but I'm fine with it. Making supports a bit more interesting beyond 90% of the time being "stack damage" is cool. The damage loss for now is gonna suck though.

Flasks - Big QoL improvement for fingers, but RIP easy ailment immunity. Will see how it plays out, but I dig Enkindling Orbs letting you flask piano...just less often and with a lot more effectiveness, and Instilling Orbs being the finger-friendly version. Will have to see what charge generation is like, but if they don't have to balance the game around 100% uptime of flasks that should open some doors for more builds.

Ailment mitigation - Another thing I'm down with and it works with making more flasks (azure/ruby) attractive. I don't have issues with needing to spend some passive tree points to mitigate some of the scarier stuff like corrupted blood.

Poison - No real thoughts, never played a poison build, but seems like it's more viable for non-assassin builds.

Ailment threshholds - Needed to happen with reduced player damage, but I like that you can actually see the debuff and effectiveness of it on enemies/yourself.

Trigger - This hurts a lot and it kills a ton of builds (curious how my spellslinger will handle it), but it needed to happen. Triggers are too damn strong and not terribly interesting in most builds (CWDT and CoC are totally passive without any real thought, and trigger on weapon is literally braindead passive power). Seems like they're trying to make mana matter a little bit since it's largely a trivial/inconsequential/irrelevant resource for a great many builds.

Movement skills - booooo, but they're trying to slow the game down I guess. Good time to invest in Leap Slam!

Fortify - Another painful one, but it's fantastic since they won't have to design around builds that shouldn't have access to fortify getting easy access to fortify (Kingmaker on Animated Guardian). Shouldn't hit builds that use Fortify support too hard and it won't be stupidly strong as a defensive buff.

DoT Multipliers - Annoying as hell, but also kinda great. I like it as a suffix, makes for a lot more flexibility...if you can get a good weapon and are lucky crafting.

Veiled mods - Seems like they were experimenting last league and it was way too strong. Aisling's bench seems kinda not great now, but there needed to be an opportunity cost...even if it required some effort to get her in the right spot.

Other stuff - meh

Now to continue my awful theorycrafting around an Absolution guardian solo aurabot thingy for next league. I really want to make it work, Absolution seems like a lot of fun and like it could have some neat perks to it.

Edit: 6L Absolution, 6L Skele mages, Guardian and maybe holy relic and a golem...and some auras and movement skills/defense in the remaining two 4-links. I kinda want this caster army now. May have to 4L the mages though so I can use prism guardian, thinking of doing the similar "reserve all your life/armor and use shav's" for big energy shield. Though with the changes to ailments the 80% reduction in curse effect from Time of Need seems pretty solid.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2021-07-20 at 12:30 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Spectral Shield Throw was used almost exclusively with its threshold jewel, Divide and Conquer, at high levels. Because of this, we've changed the skill to naturally have behaviour similar to what Divide and Conquer applied. It will release all projectiles each time it chains (making it far stronger than before with sources of additional projectiles), and comes with a number of chains. While reviewing this skill, we've made changes to all skills that deal damage based on Shield Defences, greatly boosting their damage. These skills no longer gain critical strike chance per energy shield, a mechanic that was used very rarely. Instead, the Divide and Conquer threshold jewel has been reworked, and is now called Seething Fury. Seething Fury provides bonuses to critical strike chance and multiplier to Shield Charge, Spectral Shield Throw and Shield Crush, based on the Energy Shield from your Shield, making this an option for builds that do want to use Energy Shield based shields with these skills.
    this is all I've ever wanted, I Finally i might be able to make a shield throw build that does damage.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Man...the enemies that apply corrupted blood when you hit them are gonna kill so many fuckin people. I can't even keep up with that shit now, walk into an alva room in a map, literally every rare pack just happens to have that debut so each frenzy hit full stacks that shit and since it brings me to full health almost instantly I lose the immunity and...it's back up at full stacks instantly.

It's dumbass shit like this. I don't mind corrupted blood being scary, it should be. But it should be consequently far, far less common than it is now, with far less frequent re-application. The next 6ish months are gonna be a fuckin nightmare, I'm already setting expectations of having a fairly short league/return to PoE.

They dropped a ball on this one. Overall I don't this is some real nerf to be honest. Mapping can be done with literally anything and so it will be still possible. Bosses however may take some additional time. Lets be real, sirus is ~1-10s so even if it takes 2-20s its still going to be a flash.

I've always picked a builds that dont depends on flasks so its a buff (that auto trigger flask). As for ailment immunity, well best defense is offence.

as far as i remember they didn't remove corrupted blood jewel implicits? (unless i missed it) if so then its again dead mechanic.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

I'm perfectly fine with slowing down the game but the grind requirements will have to come down to match it.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    They dropped a ball on this one. Overall I don't this is some real nerf to be honest. Mapping can be done with literally anything and so it will be still possible. Bosses however may take some additional time. Lets be real, sirus is ~1-10s so even if it takes 2-20s its still going to be a flash.

I've always picked a builds that dont depends on flasks so its a buff (that auto trigger flask). As for ailment immunity, well best defense is offence.

as far as i remember they didn't remove corrupted blood jewel implicits? (unless i missed it) if so then its again dead mechanic.
    And what about all the people that don't normally kill Sirus in 10 seconds but 5 minutes?

That is my biggest fear about all these nerfs. Yes its needed for the top 0.1%. But what about everyone else?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man...the enemies that apply corrupted blood when you hit them are gonna kill so many fuckin people. I can't even keep up with that shit now, walk into an alva room in a map, literally every rare pack just happens to have that debut so each frenzy hit full stacks that shit and since it brings me to full health almost instantly I lose the immunity and...it's back up at full stacks instantly.

It's dumbass shit like this. I don't mind corrupted blood being scary, it should be. But it should be consequently far, far less common than it is now, with far less frequent re-application. The next 6ish months are gonna be a fuckin nightmare, I'm already setting expectations of having a fairly short league/return to PoE.
    They've added passive nodes to counteract the corrupted blood/bleed mechanic. Additionally corrupted blood immunity is still available throught corruptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    And what about all the people that don't normally kill Sirus in 10 seconds but 5 minutes?

That is my biggest fear about all these nerfs. Yes its needed for the top 0.1%. But what about everyone else?
    For all those people that killed Sirus in 5 min they're going to kill him in 6 min in 3.15. Will generally not matter at all.

Reading the manifesto, the first thing that comes to mind is RIP elementalist burning arrow / ignite builds. Golem and jewel stacking was like 60% of their power.

Jewels might come down in price some...well except for the minion ones - don't see any specific nerfs to that.

Loving the orbs and ward mechanics. I felt flasks needed a change for a long time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post

Then they need to stop bruteforcing shit, making a full stop to understand the game in first place.
    Killing sirus doesn't take skill. It doesn't even take a grind if you can handle trading.

GGG literally added mechanic to skip progression of awakening level = craftable watchstones and people still complain they are not free.

You can do A0 -> A8 in a day with a mix of some maps and trading.
    You can make pretty damn powerful builds with little investment.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Reading the manifesto, the first thing that comes to mind is RIP elementalist burning arrow / ignite builds. Golem and jewel stacking was like 60% of their power.

Jewels might come down in price some...well except for the minion ones - don't see any specific nerfs to that.
    You can still easily make a burning arrow/ignite build after 3.15 if we're just looking at damage. You might even be dealing more damage. What you're losing is phys reduction, hp reg and elemental ailment immunity. The only difference is that you're not as tanky as before but that just means you'll have to either be more careful against some things or get gear to counteract it.

Then they need to stop bruteforcing shit, making a full stop to understand the game in first place.
    Killing sirus doesn't take skill. It doesn't even take a grind if you can handle trading.
    Unless you play SSF. Or you're not a trader on trade league, or you don't trade much. People who play builds that one-tap bosses are a hyperminority of a hyperminority.

GGG literally added mechanic to skip progression of awakening level = craftable watchstones and people still complain they are not free.
    Sure, but that's secondary progression you still need to do beyond normal atlas progression, even if it can be faster. I'm doing that now on my SSF character and already have like 18 watchstones, but I haven't fully progressed my maven yet so no maven stones. Not that it matters, because the issue isn't simply how quickly you get to endgame but the huge range of player power that leaves people capable of one-tapping bosses while everyone else has to actually engage with the mechanics...which are designed largely around people one-tapping bosses and ignoring mechanics.

You can do A0 -> A8 in a day with a mix of some maps and trading.
    Good luck trading maps, it's a bloody nightmare.

You can make pretty damn powerful builds with little investment.
    Sure, a few of the boring meta builds can work. But it doesn't work for most builds that aren't meta. I'm struggling on my ascendent exsanguinate/reap spellslinger because it's SSF and I can't get drops for the life of me. More or less "Stuck" since I need better gear to progress and not die to random shit so I can fill out my medium cluster jewel for damage boosts, and harvest crafting has been very mean to me.

The floor/ceiling are far too far apart still, and the upcoming patch makes it look like it's going to get even worse.

I get it, you're hardcore into this game and that's great and all. But please be aware that you're hardcore into it and most folks simply aren't this knowledgeable/serious/"good" at the game.

Unless you play SSF. Or you're not a trader on trade league, or you don't trade much. People who play builds that one-tap bosses are a hyperminority of a hyperminority.
    SSF is not for casual players period. If you have little time and/or limited understanding you dont play SSF - its that simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck trading maps, it's a bloody nightmare.

Im trading maps all the time. Basically go immediately to 2nd page and start whispering from there for 5+ bulks
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Monster life has been increased by roughly 46% at level 1, tapering down to the same amount of life at level 84. Some bosses and monsters in Act 1, such as Hillock and Oozeback have had their life reduced to partially counteract this change.
    Fuckin ouch, the slowing of progression through the acts begins.

Base Character Evasion Rating has been lowered to 15 (previously 53). Characters no longer gain Evasion Rating per level.
    What? Random, but kinda lame.

Cyclone:
    Now deals 59% of Base Damage, and has 59% Effectiveness of Added Damage at gem level 20 (previously 54%).
    Oh yeah, because Cyclone needed a BUFF.

Act Bosses throughout the campaign now drop fewer but significantly better items.
    Hey, now do that for all bosses in the game including maps!

Non-damaging Elemental Ailments applied to you or Enemies now display their effect.
    I like this, but it's also kinda cute that they think we'll be able to actually see this outside of solo-boss fights. Bruh, your game is a visual image nightmare.

Added support for Stash Tab Affinities to the Heist Locker and the new Expedition Locker. Once an affinity has been set up at a locker, ctrl+clicking an applicable item from your inventory into your stash will always send it directly to the appropriate Locker, regardless of whether you have the locker open.
    Big QoL buff!

Will have to read through in more detail, but man it's pretty much just nerfs all the way down (though some of the skill gems did get a buff, doubt it'll make up for it or that it'll make things like Spectral Throw any better)

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Spectral Shield Throw:
    Shard Projectiles now deal 50% less Damage (previously 75%).
    Now deals 58 to 86 Base Off Hand Physical Damage at gem level 1 (previously 20 to 30), up to 399 to 599 at gem level 20 (previously 200 to 301).
    Now deals 4 to 5 Added Physical Damage per 15 Armour or Evasion Rating on Shield at gem level 1, up to 6 to 8 at gem level 20 (previously 3 to 4 at all levels).
    Beast league ever.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Beast league ever.
    Grats dude, I actually think you are the only winner of these patch notes lmao

Also Edge: Keep in mind all the support gems are getting shitcanned so that Cyclone 'buff' may more mitigatory rather than genuine.