Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Battlegrounds just became a lot better

I'm really thrilled about this change, especially if a FRESH happens. Imagine playing battlegrounds and not getting farmed at the GY by ranking premades every game...

• Groups will be restricted to a maximum of 5 players when joining the queue.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...nd-more/299630

Last edited by Farora; 2021-07-20 at 10:06 AM.

As a solo player i dont think this is good, some people play this game for a reason, why not just make it premades more than 5 will only queue into premades and same faction pm
    Last edited by Yizu; 2021-07-20 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    As a solo player i dont think this is good, some people play this game for a reason, why not just make it premades will queue into premades and same faction pm
    Most Pre mades don't want to fight other pre mades, they want to roflstomp pugs for easy honor.

If you want to have Pre made vs. Pre made bg's, you need to add extra honor to them to offset the (likely higher) queuetimes and that additional effort of building a pre made.

Unless they actually match premades vs. premades this does little to solve the problem. Go over to the EU forums to see the shitshow that the Russians have apparently been putting on for years circumventing this very restriction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Most Pre mades don't want to fight other pre mades, they want to roflstomp pugs for easy honor.

If you want to have Pre made vs. Pre made bg's, you need to add extra honor to them to offset the (likely higher) queuetimes and that additional effort of building a pre made.
    Lmao no u don't. Do they add extra honor to the losing pug that just got stomped by the premade? Didn't think so. No one in a pug has fun getting farmed by a premade. Anything to doscourage premades is a good thing to me. Ppl shld be able to log on, queue, and have a reasonable chance of being successful. Allowing 5 is a good compromise imo. Would be even better if they made it so 2 groups of 5 would never get on the same team so they'd ensure there were at least 5 pugs in each game

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Lmao no u don't. Do they add extra honor to the losing pug that just got stomped by the premade? Didn't think so. No one in a pug has fun getting farmed by a premade. Anything to doscourage premades is a good thing to me. Ppl shld be able to log on, queue, and have a reasonable chance of being successful. Allowing 5 is a good compromise imo. Would be even better if they made it so 2 groups of 5 would never get on the same team so they'd ensure there were at least 5 pugs in each game
    Please read and process the post correctly.

This has nothing to do with pugs, this is about the hypothetical scenario of having the option to Pre made vs. Pre made, which would need extra honor in order to be attractive.
    People won't go through the trouble of building a pre made and actually fighting other pre mades for less efficient honor.

I reiterate, this is about the scenario of Pre made vs. Pre Made exclusively, not pre made vs. pugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Unless they actually match premades vs. premades this does little to solve the problem. Go over to the EU forums to see the shitshow that the Russians have apparently been putting on for years circumventing this very restriction.
    Russians can do it because only like two servers exist and they will not be queued with people from other regions on the same team.
    Hence, when they queue, especially as Alliance, the chances of all of them landing in the same BG are extremely high.

Imagine if the system had some hard priority to put people from the same server onto the same team / Battleground, now assume that not too many people are playing on that server / do PvP and thus you can easily pre made.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-07-20 at 11:21 AM.

...and this nonsense rages on year and years later...
    Lmao

Please read and process the post correctly.

This has nothing to do with pugs, this is about the hypothetical scenario of having the option to Pre made vs. Pre made, which would need extra honor in order to be attractive.
    People won't go through the trouble of building a pre made and actually fighting other pre mades for less efficient honor.

I reiterate, this is about the scenario of Pre made vs. Pre Made exclusively, not pre made vs. pugs.

Russians can do it because only like two servers exist and they will not be queued with people from other regions on the same team.
    Hence, when they queue, especially as Alliance, the chances of all of them landing in the same BG are extremely high.

Imagine if the system had some hard priority to put people from the same server onto the same team / Battleground, now assume that not too many people are playing on that server / do PvP and thus you can easily pre made.
    I dont think you are understanding. No one is saying add a separate queue (similar to rated bgs like in retail) where you queue as a premade to purposefully face another premade. Ppl are calling for the matchmaking system to do that automatically. As in when u and 9 buddies queue up for a warsong, you aren't placed in a game vs me (someone who solo queued) and 9 other solo queuers, you'd be matched against 10 other dudes that queued together. That way ppl that don't queue as a premade have a reasonable chance of winning, instead of more often than not getting stomped by a premade.

If this kills premades and ppl stop doing that cause its no longer roflstomp games for easy honor, I think that's the point. Ppl that premade are the same type of ppl that twink. Nothing wrong with that but obviously the ppl on the other side don't like it
    Last edited by ellieg; 2021-07-20 at 11:39 AM.

No one is saying add a separate queue (similar to rated bgs like in retail) where you queue as a premade to purposefully face another premade.
    Ppl are calling for the matchmaking system to do that automatically. As in when u and 9 buddies queue up for a warsong, you aren't placed in a game vs me (someone who solo queued) and 9 other solo queuers, you'd be matched against 10 other dudes that queued together.
    I assumed any reasonable person would figure that out on their own.

Doesn't change the fact that people would still need an extra incentive if they're going through the extra trouble to build a pre made when they then exclusively play against pre mades.
    If this kills premades and ppl stop doing that cause its no longer roflstomp games for easy honor, I think that's the point. Ppl that premade are the same type of ppl that twink.
    The point however is that Blizzard right now effectively kills pre made groups, there is no "well, it's no longer worth doing", the ability to get pre made with a group before hand gets removed.

My point was, if people still want to pre made while it remaining a reasonable alternative, then people should queue exclusively against pre mades while also receiving more honor, as a compensation for more prepared opponents and the extra effort of putting a pre made together.
    This has nothing to do with pugs at all, who then will queue in a completely seperate pool.

I dont think you are understanding. No one is saying add a separate queue (similar to rated bgs like in retail) where you queue as a premade to purposefully face another premade. Ppl are calling for the matchmaking system to do that automatically. As in when u and 9 buddies queue up for a warsong, you aren't placed in a game vs me (someone who solo queued) and 9 other solo queuers, you'd be matched against 10 other dudes that queued together. That way ppl that don't queue as a premade have a reasonable chance of winning, instead of more often than not getting stomped by a premade.

If this kills premades and ppl stop doing that cause its no longer roflstomp games for easy honor, I think that's the point. Ppl that premade are the same type of ppl that twink. Nothing wrong with that but obviously the ppl on the other side don't like it
    You're the one not understanding since you've argued around his point 3 times, what's going on here.

The entire top part is understood, we're all clear on this.

The bottom part is what's relevant. They will not queue when a premade v premade will be a long gruelling game for shit honour, making it redundant.

Case close.

I guess, yeah I dont get how people are having fun with 1 sided battles, thats boring af whether you are losing or winning, winning probably fun at the start but after 3 matches zzzz. Most fun bgs i ever had were the close ones that had 10 point/single flag differences

Quote Originally Posted by Pigy2 View Post
    You're the one not understanding since you've argued around his point 3 times, what's going on here.

The entire top part is understood, we're all clear on this.

The bottom part is what's relevant. They will not queue when a premade v premade will be a long gruelling game for shit honour, making it redundant.

Case close.
    Ya like I said, thats the point. No one enjoys playing against premades so they effectively killed them.

I guess, yeah I dont get how people are having fun with 1 sided battles, thats boring af whether you are losing or winning, winning probably fun at the start but after 3 matches zzzz. Most fun bgs i ever had were the close ones that had 10 point/single flag differences
    Well, you have
    Efficiency
    Not an auto loss against other pugs
    Not full of undergeared people that get two shotted by any remotely geared player
    the fact that random Battlegrounds can be at times very straining due to the stupidity of other people

Been in random BG's where i as Resto Shaman was the only offense in WSG, whereas the remaining team was defending.
    Just hurts to lose games simply because your team cannot follow basic strategy in a 15 year old game.

As a solo player i dont think this is good, some people play this game for a reason, why not just make it premades more than 5 will only queue into premades and same faction pm
    That's not how premades work. Premades are made to have a communication, comp and gear advantage and just get the currency. These people don't play it because they enjoy bg's or a challenge, they just want fast gear.

This of course comes at the expense of demolishing other people's experience as they don't even stand a chance. And it's an even bigger problem when queues are extreme. Waiting 1 hour in queue to get 1 mark and 0-10 honor will very quickly make people just stop doing content they would have otherwise enjoyed.

The change is good. It still allows small groups of friends to play togheter and their opponents to have a chance. Even though even a 5 man premade will have an advantage over a full random.

I've seen groups of 5 turn over entire AV matches simply because they went togheter all the time at towers.
    Last edited by kranur; 2021-07-20 at 12:22 PM.

Alterac Valley was once an epic battleground that Blizzard deliberately degraded to a quick and imbalanced tower race. People hate playing this map, it's a necessary chore that everyone is getting sick of and now Blizzard is trying to come up with all kinds of convoluted ways, anything to not reinstate Alterac Valley to its former glory.

10+ Year Old Account
    connect all classic era servers!!!

As someone that did -a lot- of 29 twinking in Classic, this is simply not true. Usually both sides have an equal amount of twinks. Most people that twink do it because it's more accessible than raiding for 2 years so you don't get 1 shot in 60 battlegrounds.

The only thing that really ruined a lot of games in the 20-29 bracket was... 10 man premades.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    As someone that did -a lot- of 29 twinking in Classic, this is simply not true. Usually both sides have an equal amount of twinks. Most people that twink do it because it's more accessible than raiding for 2 years so you don't get 1 shot in 60 battlegrounds.

The only thing that really ruined a lot of games in the 20-29 bracket was... 10 man premades.
    Did the level 26s with leveling gear have fun getting 2 shot by you? Or did you leave them alone and only target the other twinks?

When ppl have a huge advantage before the game even starts, its a miserable experience for the disadvantaged team / players. Thats the same for non twinks vs twinks, and pugs vs premades.

This is the route they should have taken years ago. It's not like it's rated content, so as I see it, there is absolutely no legitimate reason for allowing a huge premade group to face against a non-premade.

If they made premades get 150%, maybe even 200% honor when going against another premade, it wouldn't affect players like me. If they get pitched against a non-premade, reduce their honor gain by 50% and/or give the non-premade players a significant buff for the duration of the battle. What does affect players like me is being pitched against premades.

More effort = more reward. That's a good system. Getting more honor because you stomped all over an opponent who had no chance of winning - that's a bad system. In the same way that you don't get great PVE rewards for doing easy content, you shouldn't get great PVP rewards because you decided the best course of action was the make the life of other players a misery. This rule already applies to ganking lower level players as well as the XP gained if you're boosting players. It makes sense for it to be consistently applied, and to apply it to premades against non-premades.

The first time I ever went into the cooking battle brawl, it was against a premade. Absolutely nothing I could do, and I swore to never play it again. An entire event that I've removed myself from because I felt like there was absolutely no hope of winning.

It's not even the case that premades want to roll through match after match as quickly as possible. They want to keep games rolling for as long as possible because it's worth more. It disrupts the play for people who aren't in a premade because they either take the deserter or they get stuck there while they get farmed (or they run around as a ghost and hope they don't get reported).
    Last edited by C20; 2021-07-20 at 02:24 PM.

And now all the premade babies are crying that they can't put a group together and stomp pugs anymore

lmao