7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Personally I'm just happy to see the Resistance Weapon parts easier to grind out again. I've been on the step that requires the Heavensward/Stormblood raids and I just haven't had the time to queue for those so the FATE farming has been slooooooow....
    Im farming Zadnor's fates and I'm only missing the components that need Critical Engagements... :c
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

7+ Year Old Account
    After doing the Crystal Tower quests, raiding in this game really isn't for me.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I really want the Regalia, but I really don't want to farm MGP. Seems like FFXIV likes to put previous event items in the shop, so here's hoping cause I'd sooner drop $40 on it than spend several weeks doing Golden Saucer. I've made the mistake of burning myself out in other MMOs trying to get what I thought were going to be one time only rewards only for them to be made a joke to obtain later. Trying to resist that FOMO compulsion this time so that I can continue having fun doing what I want to do in game.
    It takes maybe a couple days to get the MGP for the Regalia, if you're diligent, and with only a few minutes each day, with maybe 10-20 minutes the first day on the challenge log stuff if you want to knock a lot of it out at once.

The Saucer Challenge log, GATEs, Mini-Cactpot, Fashion Challenge, etc... add up REALLY quickly.

Totally understand not wanting to burn yourself out, but it takes less time than you think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    After doing the Crystal Tower quests, raiding in this game really isn't for me.
    Crystal Tower is the "Vanilla" raid of the game, meaning it's 3 expansions old, and is the LFR equivalent of raiding in this game. That would be like trying to gauge WoW raiding by doing Highmaul in WoW on LFR difficulty with Legion gear.

It's absolutely not a fair comparison of what "raiding" actually is in FFXIV.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The Saucer Challenge log, GATEs, Mini-Cactpot, Fashion Challenge, etc... add up REALLY quickly.
    How easy is it to do on a low level character though? Like level 15 low, because I haven't even made the character I'd want to do it on yet.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Crystal Tower is representative of what Alliance Raids are like. The only difference is that the Stormblood and Shadowbringers alliance raids take 10-15 minutes longer because everything is so much more damage spongey.

How easy is it to do on a low level character though? Like level 15 low, because I haven't even made the character I'd want to do it on yet.
    There are no level requirements for the saucer stuff, as it all happens inside the saucer. Head to the saucer and open up your challenge log and you'll be able to see what kind of stuff to do.

The only two things that you get an advantage by having a leveled/ seasoned character are Triple Triad and Lord of Verminion because you're able to get more and/or better cards and minions to use. It's absolutely 100% possible to easily complete the challenge log for Triple Triad with the basic cards, as there are super easy people to play against in the saucer by design. Not sure about Lord of Verminion, but I would skip that part anyway as it just takes too long. It's a fun little game, but if your goal is to get MGP quickly, LoV is not the way to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Crystal Tower is representative of what Alliance Raids are like.
    I disagree. At least when they're current.

All outdated Alliance raids play similarly, you're right, but when they're current they're not just brainless zerg fest automatic wins with many fights requiring coordination and a decent amount of skill (for most of the group, not going to lie and pretend that all 24 people need to be skilled. This IS the LFR equivalent after all).

But that's the same as any raid in any game really. Once they're not current and people start to out gear it, the difficulty drops significantly for a variety of reasons.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really want the Regalia, but I really don't want to farm MGP. Seems like FFXIV likes to put previous event items in the shop, so here's hoping cause I'd sooner drop $40 on it than spend several weeks doing Golden Saucer. I've made the mistake of burning myself out in other MMOs trying to get what I thought were going to be one time only rewards only for them to be made a joke to obtain later. Trying to resist that FOMO compulsion this time so that I can continue having fun doing what I want to do in game.
    You really don't even need to farm for mgp. Especially if you just do fashion report during Make it Rain. It'll be easy breezy to get the mgp needed. Can either follow kaiyoko star in twitter or search the subreddit on friday for the infographic.

that said, do keep in mind that you will need a lvl 50 to participate in the 15 cross over event.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    that said, do keep in mind that you will need a lvl 50 to participate in the 15 cross over event.
    I forgot about that, yeah, that's not happening. Were the mount account wide it wouldn't be a problem, but I think it's character specific.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...0e9fa8af5e7bb1

So TL;DR: the server that handles the data center stuff that let's you inspect players from other worlds on the data center, let's you use duty finder to queue with people from other worlds on the DC, etc, can only keep track of so many players across the entire data center at time, and if there are too many players then that server crashes and the rest of the worlds in a DC get borked because of that backend functionality isn't working anymore. So they limit the total number of players who can be logged into a data center a time. It has nothing to do with an individual world not being able to handle enough players, but the server that handles all of that data center backend for all of the worlds on that data center.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy, first quest into Heavensward and im already crying for Alphinauds old VA.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy, first quest into Heavensward and im already crying for Alphinauds old VA.
    In terms of wanting Sam Riegal BACK or happy to have him out?

I love Sam from Critical Role but...I really enjoy the new VA for most of the new stuff Alphi gets into.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Some of the ARR voice actors were decent but most were mediocre. I vastly prefer the new voice actors.

Furthermore, fantasy settings largely draw on European influences more often than not so for English voice acting it works better to have actual English voices as far as I'm concerned.

I do wish they went a step further and had French accents for Ishgardian characters, though we have the French language version for that I suppose.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    In terms of wanting Sam Riegal BACK or happy to have him out?

I love Sam from Critical Role but...I really enjoy the new VA for most of the new stuff Alphi gets into.
    Wanting him back.
    The old voice was perfect for Alphinauds role and also perfectly embodied his high-horse elvish demeanor.

The new one just sounds too much like a British schoolboy.

Formerly known as Arafal

...which fits well, given that the snobbery is still present but toned down after character development. It's also a type of accent largely attributed to the upper and middle classes over here in the UK. Whereas the likes of Arenvald have an accent more commonly associated with the working class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wanting him back.
    The old voice was perfect for Alphinauds role and also perfectly embodied his high-horse elvish demeanor.

That's fair. I think a lot of us had that reaction to the new VA.

I question how much of Sam's performance was honestly just direction instead of his own acting cause he just seems...off at times and I've loved his performances in other games. Given time I feel like Sam could have done just as well with Alphi as the new guy does. That said, I think the new guy has done a great job. It could just be I'm more used to him now though too.

Likewise I miss Taliesin for Thancred despite enjoying our new VA for him...
    Last edited by Ragnarocket; 2021-07-20 at 08:49 PM.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

ARR had a really good cast of voice actors.. with some of the shittiest direction imaginable. There's plenty of talent there. But it's clear the director didn't know what they where doing. It's a good thing they went to an entirely new studio

Wanting him back.

Its rocky at first but trust me by Shadowbringers you will not want the old ones back. Its not just the voices its the performances. Watching ARR cutscenes now are honestly a little painful like watching an early 90's anime dub.

Also technically he's Sharlayan which is the England of XIV from a noble house and technically *is* a schoolboy who chased after his missing grandfather with his sister to be fair.

Well considering that's exactly what he is, it's not that surprising.

I like Sam Riegel a lot but Colin Ryan does a fantastic job. I understand the jarring shift though, however I was used to it a few quests into Heavensward. Plus HW is so much better overall in writing and direction that it also helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    The AFK timeout is needed, but it does make me kinda sad. It was nice to wake up in the morning and have the game ready to go and also see people camped out in the cities.
    Yeah it sucks, I sometimes like the let the client run, while doing other stuff, kind of an animated wallpaper.
    Oh well, a click in 30 minutes isn't that bad.

You know the regalia its coming on september and doing the fashion weekly 2 times will give you 160k MGP thanks to thr make it rain event right?