Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Have you had kids? I mean, really son did you raise kids?
    He has to do some growing up first.
    His words make me reconsider an argument for a common sense testing to qualify to have a child.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    The thing is these chucklefucks assume that these lessons are being taught to, like, Elementary or even Middleschoolers. Like I'm damn sure most history lessons that would go into the gory details about the rise of the KKK or Nazis in general would be more geared towards High Schoolers, who have the mental maturity to actually absorb the lessons of said topics.

But no, a Conservative sees 'being taught in schools' and rages against indoctrination and assumes that A: These hard hitting subjects are being taught to fucking second graders or B: That teenagers are too stupid to actually comprehend these things. They're more than capable of it, but Cons just want to coddle our kids into being idiots and Reactionaries just want to loudly shit themselves over anything they see as teaching anything that makes white people look bad.
    Raging against indoctrination. That being a racist piece of shit is bad, and our history is full of racist pieces of shit.

Says a lot out loud.

But teaching them a white man in the sky controls everything is a ok. And the fact they continue to feel so emboldened is far past concerning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

They're more than capable of it, but Cons just want to coddle our kids into being idiots and Reactionaries just want to loudly shit themselves over anything they see as teaching anything that makes white people look bad.
    *sigh* I rather not go down that route seeing it plays right into their hands about this being some sort of retaliation or grievance on the part of people who want to teach high schoolers and college kids the darker parts of American history. but to your point the people who take issue with being told these things to their faces are the kinds of people who weather they admit it or not agree that slavery and westward expansion were necessary.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Raging against indoctrination. That being a racist piece of shit is bad, and our history is full of racist pieces of shit.

Says a lot out loud.

But teaching them a white man in the sky controls everything is a ok. And the fact they continue to feel so emboldened is far past concerning.
    Like even given them the barest benifit of the doubt it's just a knee-jerk to not wanting kids to learn that our country was anything but 'perfect', and assume that teaching the sins of our country is tantimount to hating America and being anti-American.

But even with that in mind your point remains the same if people conflate being 'anti racist' with being Anti-American.

7+ Year Old Account
    Like even given them the barest benifit of the doubt it's just a knee-jerk to not wanting kids to learn that our country was anything but 'perfect', and assume that teaching the sins of our country is tantimount to hating America and being anti-American.

But even with that in mind your point remains the same if people conflate being 'anti racist' with being Anti-American.
    It’s part of the GoPs plan to turn terms like CRT into toxic terms. It’s why you see these chuds parroting the same few lines over and over again.

Just look at how they did it with defund the police, voting rights, welfare. It’s a ploy that is not only working but working so well we have people literally dying in beds and spitting at nurses because they say they have covid. The war on intellectualism and knowledge is slowly being lost.

I’d say Jesus wept but even he would be looking around for the reset button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    For someone who claims that all of today's problems will be solved with magical technology developed by future people, you sure want the future to be filled with blithering idiots.
    I would say he is trying to make Idiocracy come completely true instead of partially. Might as well as get started with the "IQ test" of fitting the square peg in the proper hole.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    I would say he is trying to make Idiocracy come completely true instead of partially. Might as well as get started with the "IQ test" of fitting the square peg in the proper hole.
    It's the idea the GOP are looking at the numbers and seeing educated young people don't vote for them solution let's fuck up the education system in our favor. The only way to do that is to be more racist than before, we already seen this in the south how many people have come up with the whole civil war was about "states rights" line.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Nope, people will have higher IQs if they aren't forced to learn about things at times when they're not interested in them. Worthwhile learning is or can always be fun and enjoyable and never needs to be forced. This applies to both kids and adults since there is not actually a real difference between the two groups when it comes to the learning process. It's just a myth that there is a cross-over point at ~18 years of age.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Nope, people will have higher IQs if they aren't forced to learn about things at times when they're not interested in them.
    As a teen, I was interested in playing WoW and looking at boobies. Is that a productive education that will prepare me for adulthood and success?

Worthwhile learning is or can always be fun and enjoyable and never needs to be forced. This applies to both kids and adults since there is not actually a real difference between the two groups when it comes to the learning process.
    How will kids learn to know what they're interested in or good at if they're never exposed to it?

It's just a myth that there is a cross-over point at ~18 years of age.
    It's not a "myth", that's when they legally reach adulthood. And that's based in part off of physical and psychological development.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you kidding me? You want to punish kids if they don't want to learn about the KKK and whichever other topics you want to force on them. That's an actual example of moral depravity.
    You “punish” children who don’t want to learn about a certain subject by flunking them. Because we as a society have determined that it is important to teach children things like math and history and how to read and write.

The KKK, what they did, who they were, and indeed what they STILL do and who they STILL are is a dark, disturbing, yet important, piece of American history. And letting children go through life not knowing these evil bastards exist is doing nothing but giving the KKK a dark crevice of ignorance to fester in.

Children don’t get to decide what they’ll learn about. That’s for schools to decide.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

All it takes is a single troll to distract everyone from the GOP's ongoing war against reality. Bravo, good sir. Bravo.

(h-2)AAIn adopting the essential knowledge and skills for the
    social studies curriculum, the State Board of Education shall adopt
    essential knowledge and skills that develop each student ’s civic
    knowledge, including an understanding of:
    (7)AAthe history of white supremacy, including but not
    limited to the institution of slavery, the eugenics movement, and
    the Ku Klux Klan, and the ways in which it is morally wrong;
    AM I skim reading this too fast? The bills claims exactly the opposite of what is described in the OP. I am not seeing anything that contextually reverses this idea either - which would be stupid considering it also contains things like:

(5)AAthe founding documents of the United States,
    including:
    (A)AAthe Declaration of Independence;
    (B)AAthe United States Constitution;
    (C)AAthe Federalist Papers;
    (D)AAthe transcript of the first Lincoln-Douglas
    Something smells like bullshit and once again it looks a lot like a media outlet.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    All it takes is a single troll to distract everyone from the GOP's ongoing war against reality. Bravo, good sir. Bravo.
    I don't think we're distracted by it, as it's a quite literal example of the kind of stuff we're seeing from the GOP: A war on reality.

Nope, people will have higher IQs if they aren't forced to learn about things at times when they're not interested in them.
    So what's your excuse?

I mean lets face the fact that your posts have demonstrated (at least on the face of of things in general) something that isn't at all a high IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Something smells like bullshit and once again it looks a lot like a media outlet.
    Feel free to screenshot the relevant section of the actual bill:
    https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/87...f/SB00003E.pdf

Oh, that's right. You can't. Because they removed it.

Feel free to screenshot the relevant section of the actual bill:
    https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/87...f/SB00003E.pdf

Oh, that's right. You can't. Because they removed it.
    I was going to say they deliberately took that part about the KKK being morally wrong OUT of the bill. I'm not seeing this anywhere. which, as per the OP, is what the problem is.

Ok...... I just checked this for the first time and the second post is PC2 saying something so friggin off the wall stupid that it should beyond apparent just how much he is just trolling and not only did he get a massive reaction here from people gullible enough to keep feeding the pigeons, the mods haven't done anything about it yet either....
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's not accurate. There is the left verse the right and the Dems verse the GoP. That's about tribalism and "us verse them". But the thing is the whole public education paradigm is wrong and sub-optimal in a bipartisan manner, so that's when someone else has to come in and say "you're both wrong, here's something better".

Also the state isn't even an authority over morality and truth anyways. In fact it's impossible for any source to be a legitimate authority over morality and truth so people are wasting their time by trying to legitimize such an idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Ok...... I just checked this for the first time and the second post is PC2 saying something so friggin off the wall stupid that it should beyond apparent just how much he is just trolling and not only did he get a massive reaction here from people gullible enough to keep feeding the pigeons, the mods haven't done anything about it yet either....
    Why are you so close-minded? You should be open-minded and seriously consider other people's arguments.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-07-20 at 09:53 PM.

Nope, people will have higher IQs if they aren't forced to learn about things at times when they're not interested in them. Worthwhile learning is or can always be fun and enjoyable and never needs to be forced. This applies to both kids and adults since there is not actually a real difference between the two groups when it comes to the learning process. It's just a myth that there is a cross-over point at ~18 years of age.
    No, and and your argument isn't even gonna happen. This isn't gonna change that kids learn things, they still are going to be forced to learn things in school, and they are still gonna be forced to do homework, all this does is get kids to learn the incorrect things. I get your a big proponent, since that'll mean more bigot primarycolors
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2021-07-20 at 09:58 PM.

PC2 does continually reveal what kind of person he is. Which is rather detestable to those with a more moral outlook, which seems to be the majority.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you so close-minded? You should be open-minded and seriously consider other people's arguments.
    But you don't have an argument.