Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Of course not. If anything I think much of the game's current design is a spit in the face for many people, and more and more of them are realizing their face is wet.

To be fair it is absurd to ask of any corporation to "care" for their customers, but I genuinely think that there was a time where Blizzard really did concern themselves with the quality of the game and our experience playing it, and I think this sentiment played a big role in the game's success to begin with. They made a sharp turn in Legion though, where they basically turned the game upside down and redesigned all incentives and reward structures in the game, and it's been a slow and steady decline in goodwill ever since. I don't think there is a chance in hell they will ever return to a more decent place either.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Dude, I can't tell if you are joking or just weren't here.
    I am the one and only guy who made "corruption rotation" salty threads...i remember perfectly, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    I am the one and only guy who made "corruption rotation" salty threads...i remember perfectly, thank you very much.
    so you mean one or two guys represent all MMO-C? No person who is right in their mind defend a rotation vendor. Lot's might not care, but saying that MMOC defended it, give me a break.

The collective delusion of this forum to think a corporation would intentionally make a less enjoyable product is baffling.

It's to their advantage to make the best game they can. When a community complains about the same things their competitors are praised for doing is when you know people are just complaining because they're addicts.

I don't think they care any more or any less than they did a decade ago. It's all about $$.

15+ Year Old Account
    The auto pick should indeed return. Ultra annoying. The whole covenant idea is ultra annoying. Class halls in the worst possible iteration
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    The collective delusion of this forum to think a corporation would intentionally make a less enjoyable product is baffling.

It's to their advantage to make the best game they can. When a community complains about the same things their competitors are praised for doing is when you know people are just complaining because they're addicts.
    ^
    Burnt out/addicted players just shitting on blizzard while companies doing worse things(see FF14 store) are hailed as the second coming of christ.

Not saying any other mmo is ALL shit and wow is perfect but everyone has pros and cons. I get a good laugh when someone shits on blizzard for x feature or y grind. Then yells at the top of their lungs that they will go play another game. When the other game does x and y worse than wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    This post doesn't make any sense. I don't think anyone "praises" p2w practices in any game. And complaining that wow is currently shit doesn't make us addicts since most of us have also dropped our subs while waiting for all the malfunctions to be fixed.

It is also not a delusion that they don't try harder, they don't. They are content that they made a system where money flows back to them through boosting and they are simply satisfied that they can keep recycling money while offering next to nothing. A season, a dungeon, a raid and a few sqm of quest land is literally one week's worth for these guys. They already have the next expansion planned they just throw a bone to players to keep the boosting engine running. I am 100% that the main wow funding atm is players buying gold in the AH. And that says it all.
    Ah nostalgia glasses are thick today. That has LITERALLY and OBJECTIVELY all wow has done in 17 years.

Raid check
    Dungeon or two check
    Pvp/m+ season change check
    Questline check

I have not once seen this mystical "infinite world content" that some people think there was.

That poster was right.... delusional.

do you really think blizzard still cares about you; the player?
    foooook no

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    so you mean one or two guys represent all MMO-C? No person who is right in their mind defend a rotation vendor. Lot's might not care, but saying that MMOC defended it, give me a break.
    Watch for yourself...i was the crazy guy for saying it...even some moderators were against me and giving reasons "why"

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...eme-quot-slide

Yeah i think i do.

I have more... pity for them. They do things wrong but damn the playerbase is salty and entiteled. I don't think Blizz will ever be able to make wow good again. Simply because the playerbase does not want it to be good. At least the people here on MMO-Champion. Ingame i don't see that much complaints tbh. No matter what they do people act as if the world is ending. Like that senseless whining about gating.... in a MMO... heavens nooooo how dare they want to earn money?

They want a totally different game.

I feel like they try. But don't know what to do. YOu go in one direction half the players riot. Go in the other: Queue the rest.
    Granted SL did not turn out as good as i hoped but it is not really bad either.

Not so much. I think we should have housing or other content that stays relevant from expansion to expansion.

Of course they care. You are the bag. But they will only do what it takes to maintain the bag. So good enough. In particular people that invest a ton in the shop. They really care about them.

What you're observing is a shift in philosophy that tends to happens to companies once they go from smaller, indpednent and run by the original creators to larger, public, and run by the corporate world/shareholders.

They used to try to make great games to make money. It's an idealistic outlook that many people have when they start game companies. Make great games, people will want to buy them, we'll be successful.

However quality and profit do not always go together. Making the best game is not the same thing as making the most profitable game.

Just as an example, do you think McDonald's tries to make the best quality food possible? No, it's clear the quality of their food is not nearly as good as many other places. That's irrelevant to them though, their goal is make the most profitable food and they do that very well.

Nah. They have a core of players that will buy anything they sell in the cash shop and pay a sub no matter how long content droughts go on. Milking those people keeps the profits tidy and when a new expansion drops they sell a few million. This is the way.

How can an artificial person (as that is what a corporation is) care about anything? It can't.

It cares about what the Executive Team cares about. Their bonuses are dependent on the stock prices, and the stock prices are dependent on profit. So they do everything to increase current profits. Could they re-invest some of that profit back into the game for long term growth and value? Absolutely they could, but why would they?

Do they care about me as an individual customer? No they don't. I would expect that even a thousand customers is less than a rounding error for them.

Do they care about us as a group of customers? If they can keep profits up by monetizing other parts of the game, then they couldn't care less.

To this day i still feel the love and the warm embrace of Legends of Runeterra (Riot's card game)...and im still weirded out by it.
    And when i start accepting the love...they surprise me with even more free stuff...and i feel weirded out again.

My ex was Hearthstone...so i guess i have PTSD from that Blizzard game...
    Runeterra is too primitive. No variety, no cool decks, it's boring. They aren't as good as HS and they and everyone else know it, so they charge accordingly - not very much.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

original blizzard cared very much and poured there heart and soul into wow in the early days,but current acti/blizz dont care one bit,its just money to them now but i do believe the devs care very much but just do what there are asked to do from higher ups.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Of course they care about player satisfaction, but it's a company. They're going to make misses here and there like everyone else in the industry. They're going to cater to the people that make them the most money. They actively make changes and additions that people asked for, just not all of them (obviously).

We're consumers of a product. I honestly think a lot of people who feel this way should take a break or stop playing if it's not fun anymore. And do the same with all entertainment, really.

Edit: Now their employees after tonight's mess??? Disturbing situation, really.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-07-22 at 02:31 AM.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Runeterra is too primitive. No variety, no cool decks, it's boring. They aren't as good as HS and they and everyone else know it, so they charge accordingly - not very much.
    KEKW, what a big kek Do you live in a dream world?
    LoR is much more technical and big brain than hearthstone in every way.

Hearthstone gameplay is LITERALLY for small kids who cant even speak and just press buttons randomly on the screen.

Hearthstone with interesting decks....thanks for the laugh

You dont get it.

Hearthstone is pure abuse. Is just a big trap designed for you to spend money.
    An hearthstone player is spat on the entire ride.

In LoR....i fucking own the entire card game.
    LoR is my bitch.
    Entire card game with thousands of card....that bitch is mine...for FREE.

Forget about it...you need to experience this stuff to understand
    Have fun playing an inferior card game just because it's free.