View Poll Results: Who's 9.2's last boss?

Voters
234. This poll is closed
  • Anduin Wrynn

67 28.63%
  • Zovaal the Jailer

119 50.85%
  • Ve'nari

5 2.14%
  • A Broker

5 2.14%
  • Someone Entirely Else

38 16.24%
Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Cool Who do you expect the 9.2 end boss to be?

Anduin? Ve'nari? Helya? Zovaal? A Broker?

I'm very unsure of whoever the 9.2 could be but it's between Anduin and Zovaal.

Anduin so it'll be even that we fought both a former warchief and former high king

Zovaal since it could possibly be end expansion.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

With the way Shadowlands is going, possibly if not probably the Jailer.

There is another 1-2 main 9.X patches left - tops - before the time comes around for another expansion (going by SL's current patch cadence, and Blizzard's expansion cadence of about 2 years over the past few years).

Anduin will be left behind by the Jailer when he enters the Halls of the First Ones or wherever to do whatever he has planned..........

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    With the way Shadowlands is going, possibly if not probably the Jailer.

There is another 1-2 main 9.X patches left - tops - before the time comes around for another expansion (going by SL's current patch cadence, and Blizzard's expansion cadence of about 2 years over the past few years).
    Tbf Shadowlands might be a longer expansion pack due to the pandemic. More so assuming the consistent pattern might not hold true consider the world currently.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    We'll fight to save King Andy and then discover he was fighting to save us all along. 'What a guy.' As a 'shocking twist' he'll ride off into the sunset with his new bride -Sylvanas the Redeemed: First of her name, Queen of the Andals etc.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the wait to 9.2 will be as long as the wait for 9.1. I would expect 9.2 to drop around November which means we could well see a 9.3 in March/April 2022. Downside to that is that if we do get a 9.3 around those dates then next expansion definitely won't drop til very early 2023.

I was thinking that we might face Helya again in 9.2 but after following the questline that probably won't happen. I honestly can't think of anyone other than the Jailer who we would face this expansion. which means that 9.2 would be the final patch of the expansion. that being said, there are still a few weeks left of the questline to go so that might give us some hints.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    We'll fight to save King Andy and then discover he was fighting to save us all along. 'What a guy.' As a 'shocking twist' he'll ride off into the sunset with his new bride -Sylvanas the Redeemed: First of her name, Queen of the Andals etc.
    I actually think we will kill Anduin. Jailer will sacrifice him so that he can escape and start his work or whatever. Then he will tell us all he knows before dying

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Tbf Shadowlands might be a longer expansion pack due to the pandemic. More so assuming the consistent pattern might not hold true consider the world currently.
    Unfortunately the fact is that there is no patch that has ever made more money than a new expansion release.

Despite the pandemic and the delays it has caused, there is ultimately more money to be made by Blizzard/Activision in cutting their losses early with Shadowlands (WoD-style), and putting as much time and resources as possible into a new expansion release for 2022.

Blizzard/Activision will ultimately lose money if they try to "stay true" to their original, pre-Covid vision for Shadowlands and release the amount of patches/content they originally planned over a longer period of time (i.e. Beyond their ~2 year expansion release cadence).
    Last edited by Austilias; 2021-07-21 at 10:48 AM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think that, whoever it is, for the first time, we might lose the fight. (most likely the Jailer on his full power)
    This would develop into certain large scale changes.. Then some time travel will set us back to a different time and timeline. Hence WoW going through some large changes which will see us progressing towards breaking the veil before it is too late, to be able to actually defeat the Jailer and stop his purpose.

That would see the game revamped.

That is what I can imagine from the current devs team.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    I think that, whoever it is, for the first time, we might lose the fight. (most likely the Jailer on his full power)
    This would develop into certain large scale changes.. Then some time travel will set us back to a different time and timeline. Hence WoW going through some large changes which will see us progressing towards breaking the veil before it is too late, to be able to actually defeat the Jailer and stop his purpose.

A lot of people were expecting/hoping that we would lose the N'Zoth fight, leading to a Lovecraftian Old Gods-style expansion.

Blizzard has probably learned from that and I can see them having us lose the Jailer fight.

The problem is how they can have the Jailer 'win' the fight in such a way that gives us a chance to time travel or 'win' at a future time/expansion/etc.

Yoshi P.

Either that or the Jailer (or Mr Filler if they make it 4 raids instead of 3, but I'm getting big WoD vibes here).

Bobby Kotick. After already winning every battle, he finally wins the war as well and puts us all out of our misery.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I don't think the wait to 9.2 will be as long as the wait for 9.1. I would expect 9.2 to drop around November which means we could well see a 9.3 in March/April 2022. Downside to that is that if we do get a 9.3 around those dates then next expansion definitely won't drop til very early 2023.

I was thinking that we might face Helya again in 9.2 but after following the questline that probably won't happen. I honestly can't think of anyone other than the Jailer who we would face this expansion. which means that 9.2 would be the final patch of the expansion. that being said, there are still a few weeks left of the questline to go so that might give us some hints.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually think we will kill Anduin. Jailer will sacrifice him so that he can escape and start his work or whatever. Then he will tell us all he knows before dying
    That voice actress-hiring lady would DIE if she had to say goodbye to her man-crush that voices Anduin.

So 10.0 will instead be WoW II?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I hope we do, i like it when it's canon that you lose. Like with XCOM 2 it was canon that humans lost the first invasion and now trying to fight back, would love it for it to be similar to wow.
    Don't think that will happen though because I feel like Blizzard always want to make "good guys wins" stories.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I hope we do, i like it when it's canon that you lose. Like with XCOM 2 it was canon that humans lost the first invasion and now trying to fight back, would love it for it to be similar to wow.
    Don't think that will happen though because I feel like Blizzard always want to make "good guys wins" stories.
    They changed that behavior slightly with MoP and Legion/BFA.
    Yes we beat the big threats, but the main story continued into the next expansion carrying over the issues from the previous (Garrosh getting away and initiating WoD, Sylvanas setting her plans in motion during Legion and into BfA, Sargeras sword stab).

Most likely we beat the Jailer but he did something that changed everything. It's the laziest way to have the cake and eat it too, but it's better than "we beat the jailer, wait 5 years and suddenly another big bad pops up" like they did for BC -> WotLK -> Cata.

5+ Year Old Account
    The Jailer along with Ve’nari, Anduin to free him, Helya definitely has to die as well. These Dreadlords and their leader!

At this point i wonder if we're even gonna get a 9.2 this expansion.

I thought 10.0 was the next patch?

The Jailer as 9.2 will wrap up Shadowlands. Anduin will most likely be the second last boss in the raid. Add Helya / Muezhala into the mix and you have half of the bosses for the next raid.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Anduin? Ve'nari? Helya? Zovaal? A Broker?

I'm very unsure of whoever the 9.2 could be but it's between Anduin and Zovaal.

Anduin so it'll be even that we fought both a former warchief and former high king

Zovaal since it could possibly be end expansion.
    Honestly. Ve'nari, or better yet, one of the main Brokers inside Oribos, it just feels so right. There is something going on with the cartels, and the fact that Ve'nari is hiding, as well as her cartel, is missing, even cartel Al is in hiding.

I foresee the Jailer in a 9.3 raid or cross-over patch event - I do not believe we'll kill him.

I want the expansion to be long enough to get us to Azeroth BEFORE the end raid.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Sargeras sword stab
    Speaking of, didn't they say something about addressing the sword this expansion? Could the newly armoured Jailer decide he needs a blade?