Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yeesh. Yeah, the state doesn't go after you unless shit is serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by SNES-1990 View Post
    Damn.. Felplague's gonna have to get creative with her damage control on this one.
    I she cant see it, then its not true

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    you're right. the two year investigation the article sites is. anything else to say?
    The suit is filled with allegations. This isn't proof. It's all hearsay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Holy shit, now it will one hell of a ride with people trying to defend blizzard.

the worst part is how this don't surprise me with they being so engaged on twitter, perfect cover
    Blizzard as a whole shouldn't be under fire here, but those responsible for allowing this to take place, and of course those who allegedly have committed these actions.

Some bad apples, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    you need to stop being selective in what you read. part of this is allegations (specifically the sexual harassment portions) but the pay discrimination and other parts are already proven by a two year investigation.

5+ Year Old Account
    Here is the full thing: https://aboutblaw.com/YJw
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

You know what is proof THE FACT A WOMEN IS DEAD OVER IT.

A state does not come after you unless they are 100% sure they don't only have a case but will win it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard as a whole shouldn't be under fire here, but those responsible for allowing this to take place, and of course those who allegedly have committed these actions.

I disagree with this. Corporate and office culture is actually a thing. Silence in the face of 'a few bad apples' is complicity. There's no real secret about Blizzard's office culture and hasn't been for some time. This is absolutely about corporate culture, i.e. Blizzard as a whole.

As others have mentioned the points about pay, promotion and advancement, etc. are likely very well documented. This is not going to be a good week for Blizzard (which I would point out is a lot more than just the WoW office).
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-07-22 at 01:51 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

It's not a good month for Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    It hasn't been a good few years.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So people were right for getting mad about their virtue signalling.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    More women are coming forward now

Former Producer @Blizzard_Ent
    (‘06-‘20)

https://twitter.com/skrutsick/status...06293495762944
    She comes off about as woke as you can possible get...

I honestly have a hard time believing programmers working on world of warcraft are "frat bros". I think there is probably a better term than that...

This is why trade worksites are much better places to work

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I honestly have a hard time believing programmers working on world of warcraft are "frat bros". I think there is probably a better term than that...
    Brogrammers
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Shouldn't have to point this out, but I will anyway: "Allegations" is literally legal jargon for "we have accused you of a thing".

It's pure lawyer semantics, and using the word makes absolutely no claim on if the things in question did or did not happen. It's not a statement of proof and is not intended to be taken as such.

I mean, have you ever read a news article? Basically ANY mention of a thing being done before court proceedings happen is usually covered by referring to them as "allegations". There could be literal video evidence + eye witness accounts of someone committing a murder, but the accused will still be referred to as "The Alleged Murderer" until the case is settled in court.

So no, just because they use the word "allegations" doesn't necessarily mean it's all hearsay. It's simply a word used to mean "this is what you stand accused of".

7+ Year Old Account

I know that, but again, the link said people go in rooms to drink and do that kind of shit, this is serious, like, this is the "safe space" they use to work? like they commented before? some of those things are disturbing.

Plus, there isn't that saying ''if there's a Nazi at the table and 10 other people sitting there talking to him, you got a table with 11 Nazis.''

Don't know to be the one to bring godwin law here, and i know some people have to stay shut it to not lose their job, but damn.

Plus, we don't even know the full extent of it, how much recent those things are... They can use say is old stuff and with Afrasiabi away they "got better"

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    bullied nerds who got an unusual amount of power and abused it.
    Covenants will be a bigger disaster than Azerite Armor. Covenants quadruples the amounts of speccs in the game. 144 specs in the game - a nightmare to balance, if you still want distinctive MeAnInGfUl choices. Only LARPers and LFR heroes support this boring system, that will have no lasting positive impact on casuals, for whom the system is designed, but only negatives for the real players.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    I’m not going to be an absurdist claiming that blizzard has been dead since activision merger. But genuinely things have not felt right since March/April 2018. BFA beta looked terrible and things did not feel like they were going to be good.

And then a few months ago they come out with info they lost 29% of overall customers for activision-blizzard but have made more revenue to cover that loss of customers.

So just going say they haven’t had a good 3 years so far.

Hmm, who does this forum hate more, blizzard or feminists?