Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Activision Blizzard Sued Over ‘Frat Boy’ Culture, Harassment

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-...at-boy-culture

Well. Huh.

Depending on how this goes in court, we may not be able to blame Shadowlands for killing WoW.
    Last edited by Grax; 2021-07-22 at 05:27 AM.

weird, i could have sworn I saw a thread on this earlier this evening but i cant seem to find it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    weird, i could have sworn I saw a thread on this earlier this evening but i cant seem to find it anymore.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...at-Boy-Culture

It was closed, unfortunately. As this one likely will be as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't find one either. Apologies if it's already been posted. Mods can obviously merge/etc if this is a duplicate.

Edit: lol search function

I love when Woke cultures attack eachother.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    and you people wonder why these threads get closed almost immediately.

"Frat boy culture" the wokest of the woke ideologies.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-07-22 at 05:47 AM.

I was wondering if this only concerned Activision, but the article mentions WoW explicitly. GG Blizz /s.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Can't say I am suprised after the Method crumble, and similiar situations in other game development studios...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's important to note, problems this pervasive don't happen overnight. Two of the named individuals have been with Blizzard since WoW's earliest days, long before the Activision merger. From what I understand, California had a plant get hired by Blizzard and worked there for the duration of the investigation, which included multiple chances from the state to alter their practices to comply with state legislation on worker protections; ActiBlizz refused to do so and only took half-measures, even while workplace offenses continued to pile up. This is the agency taking the nuclear option.

This also isn't just Activision. This is decades of rot being overlooked or enabled by weak or complicit management that dropped the facade and operated with increasing brazenness as the few people with the influence and power to put the brakes on left the company over time.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Yeah, if the allegations are true ( which they probably are, considering the state is doing an investigation), I'm honestly disgusted.

Blizzard needs a complete restructuring of its culture and leadership at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grax View Post
    https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-...at-boy-culture

Well. Huh.

Depending on how this goes in court, we may not be able to blame Shadowlands for killing WoW.
    Wrong section though.

Else, that is shit. So much for Blizzard being a "woke" company that fans claim.

Hah.

Yeah, that bullshit needs to be stopped if so.

- - - Updated - - -

Because there is one, well, was. It has been moved to the right section but then locked.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Else, that is shit. So much for Blizzard being a "woke" company that fans claim.
    Ask any left-leaning netizen worth their salt, the louder and more performative an ally is, the more they go out of their way to show what a good ally they're being, the better the odds they're hiding some very topical skeletons.

Look at the bright side.

If it didn't happen then the community gets rid of some outrage swjs types (win)

If it did happen than the neckbeards lerking here for the past 17 years finally have ACTUAL proof that blizzard = bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, if the allegations are true ( which they probably are, considering the state is doing an investigation), I'm honestly disgusted.

Blizzard needs a complete restructuring of its culture and leadership at this point.
    I wouldn't ever go so far as to say something is true simply because the state is doing an investigation, but there does seem to be enough smoke in the brief to indicate a legitimate fire. Most likely this gets settled without any admission of guilt and some money changes hands, which invariably benefits the state and the opposing lawyers the most.

I've been saying it for years now on here.

The big problem at Blizzard is their upper management...

Looks like I was on to something.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-07-22 at 06:11 AM.

This is just hillarious. Let's bet who will emerge as wokest champion out of this wokeclash! Blizzard needs to put more gay deers ingame asap to please these special snowflakes. No wonder Musk left this shithole of a state and moved to more reasonable community. I am not sure for how long those reasonable states will remain though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grax View Post
    I wouldn't ever go so far as to say something is true simply because the state is doing an investigation, but there does seem to be enough smoke in the brief to indicate a legitimate fire. Most likely this gets settled without any admission of guilt and some money changes hands, which invariably benefits the state and the opposing lawyers the most.
    I dunno. Once you have a body count involved, even if it's just one, and criminal charges can be levied, it starts getting a lot uglier, fast. That's why EA has been fighting the gambling thing over in Europe as hard as they have, because they want legal precedent that no, what they're doing isn't gambling, not just for that specific suit to go away.

I wonder what Echo will do now.

They split from Method for "similar" things. If they are honest and upright, they should switch to FF XIV instantly

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Wrong section though.

Hah.

Yeah, that bullshit needs to be stopped if so.
    They are, but as we've seen in the past it's all PR and lip service when it counts. Certain parallels to extreme male feminists and them actually being predators come to mind as well. These guys tend to hide in plain sight.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

How is this woke culture attacking another? This is a 2 year national level police investigation, not some twitter spat.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988