Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    "The suit also accuses Activision Blizzard of failing to act on numerous complaints concerning harassment, discrimination and retaliation from male colleagues over those complaints, and says employees affected were “further discouraged from complaining as human resource personnel were known to be close to alleged harassers"

This toxic and hypocritical company needs a complete cleanup
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

No fucks given on this. I just hope this doesn't affect burning crusade classic or wotlk classic.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    It sure is some Flavor-Aid gulp to believe that any disparaging comment in reference to a group is racism of the same caliber than systemic oppression of any kind.

How can anyone have a mature conversation with someone so milquetoast that truly believe "all racism is racism". Even murder has degrees.

Also don't you think that it is kinda lazy to go all essentialist and deem any discussion of racial groupings as racism just because... it discusses race? Nuance? I don't know her.

"All racism is racism" is what people with zero understanding of how systemic oppression works thinks racism is.
    As I said, I'm a gay guy. I've experienced discrimination based on that on many fronts. I don't exploit it for victim points though and I haven't let it make me bitter enough to start discriminating against entire groups of people or embracing flawed concepts such as CRT, the progressive stack and 'systemic oppression' to justify having a perpetual chip atop my shoulder.

I don't believe that people like you want to put an end to discrimination. You're fine with it, so long as you get to be downplay it when it happens to others.

I have family who were killed in South Africa simply for being white, so don't tell me that there isn't a problem with racism aimed at white people - or that it can't possibly exist. Roux's comments are very mild by comparison but it still feeds into the hatred that gives rise to worse actions and dehumanisation.

Either you're against discrimination in all its forms, or you're not. It's that simple.

Not replying after this, though. It's clear we're not going to see eye to eye, it's already veering into forbidden topics and this thread is likely going to be locked soon enough anyway.

*taps screen* Okay this is the funniest one.

Roux might be somewhat of an obnoxious #Girlboss, but gdarn she isn't wrong when she says white men are the most fragile group ever.

Like you seriously came here to say "But what about the men that some contracted author made feel bad with her girlboss tweet" when we are talking about a company culture so toxic that lead to an employee to off herself.
    Yeah...
    If you talk shit about X skin colour - the person who said it is racist.
    If you talk shit about Y skin colour - you are 'fragile and can't handle it'.
    Nice logic.

ANY racism is bad and can't be tolerated regarless of skin color.

Quote Originally Posted by EnacheV View Post
    lol

if the state is doing the investigation most likely the allegations are mostly false and fabricated, with a few ones greatly exagerated

stop being brainwashed by propaganda outlets like CNN

P.S. and this is investigated by California lol, the most failed state where you can steal stuff under 950 USD all day long

thats why the strong answer from Activision, not sugaring it, calling everything a joke made by dumbs Caalifornia burecrauts
    Absolutely delusional. 'Strong answer' lol. They retaliated against people cooperating with the investigation, which means even more legal trouble for them. Their management is incompetent.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2021-07-22 at 07:35 AM.

This does explains blizzard hardon for sylvanas

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a bunch of bullshit by some disgruntled people.

People playing games during work hours?

Whooptie fucken do, it's a frikkin' standard in proper IT environment. We have bloody whole gaming room at work with Play Stations and all, so we can relax a bit in between and our Corp is far from making games, making frikken' bank systems with occasional crunch and all.

I don't see lawsuits flying when same people who relax with a game also get hammered with 10+h crunch hours per standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I stand against racism and discrimination in all its forms, not just selectively. So it's less that I'm offended and more so calling out all of it rather than some of it.

The company has had many issues for a while and has been sabotaging potential sales with its growing toxicity.

You're misrepresenting what I stated yet again, too. I didn't seek to put one above the other, I merely pointed out that it wasn't the only issue that needs to be dealt with.
    Strong "All Lives Matter" energy from the start man, and that's the whole point of why you are so out of place RN. The "but what about the men that got hurt by Roux" angle is bonkers considering we are talking about a horrid work environment, not freaking trash talk tweets.

And that you seriously believe those are in any way comparable is just as bonkers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

Whooptie fucken do, it's a frikkin' standard in proper IT environment. We have bloody whole gaming room at work with Play Stations and all, so we can relax a bit in between and our Corp is far from making games, making frikken' bank systems with occasional crunch and all.

I don't see lawsuits flying when same people who relax with a game also get hammered with 10+h crunch hours per standard.
    Read the actual document please.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

The gaming itself isn't the problem. The fact that the female employees were given the work that the men were supposed to do, but didn't because they were gaming, is the problem. Reading is hard?

And other than the gaming, it's about sexual harassment. Missed that part?

Also, it's a 2 year state investigation with a planted agent, not some disgruntled people.

7+ Year Old Account
    FFXIV because WoW lost its soul over a decade ago.
    Love to see people pulling the reverse racism card in the wild. Like people REALLY do it!

In case that it isn't clear, to yell wolf, I mean racism, when we are pointing out how white men tend to make all conversations about themselves -such as it happened right here- is so damn childish.

To pretend to even discuss racial based harmful behaviors such as while male fragility, white female victimhood, misogynoir, etc, is inherently racist is either shutting down legitimate discussion either because purposeful silencing, or you literally don't understand the different between racism and discussing how racial construct affect us.
    There is no such thing as "reverse racism", it's just good ol' fashioned racism. Though don't pretend like it's somehow not reprehensible just because of who it is directed at. There's a good rule of thumb, if you can say something about one group and view it as not problematic, but I change the group we're talking about and you have an issue with it, it was a problematic statement to begin with and shows you have a clear bias.

Let's take an earlier statement of yours actually from page 2. "White men are the most fragile group ever." How about I say "Black men are the most fragile group ever." towards something they find offense with directed at them specifically? Would you allow that to stand or would you split hairs about how the former is acceptable discourse, but the latter isn't?

I'd honestly say, for as much grief as white men get like having every problem in the world blamed on them by a bunch of misguided college students majoring in grievance study fields, they're doing a pretty solid job of maintaining composure and have for a while. Some are outraged by it because they feel attacked, and well they are. I don't hold that against them, just as I don't hold it against black people who feel outraged when people start blaming every issue on them. They feel attacked.

Though sure, let's talk about your aggravation with white people. I'll listen to anything you have to say all day so long as you'll humor me and have a lengthy discussion about crime statistics. Odds are you would have an issue with that, and I don't blame you, it's a sensitive and insensitive subject to have to discuss. However that's precisely what you are engaging in here. There is no difference to it. If you want to go off on white behaviors, I'll go off on the behaviors of other races that have statistics associated with them. You either have to have issue with both, or issue with neither. You can't fairly have an issue with one and not the other, that's the thing about logic. It needs to be consistent, if you can't be consistent you can't call yourself logical, let alone call yourself educated.

As I said, I'm a gay guy. I've experienced discrimination based on that on many fronts. I don't exploit it for victim points though and I haven't let it make me bitter enough to start discriminating against entire groups of people or embracing flawed concepts such as CRT, the progressive stack and 'systemic oppression' to justify having a perpetual chip atop my shoulder.

I don't believe that people like you want to put an end to discrimination. You're fine with it, so long as you get to be downplay it when it happens to others.

I have family who were killed in South Africa simply for being white, so don't tell me that there isn't a problem with racism aimed at white people - or that it can't possibly exist. Roux's comments are very mild by comparison but it still feeds into the hatred that gives rise to worse actions and dehumanisation.

Either you're against discrimination in all its forms, or you're not. It's that simple.

Not replying after this, though. It's clear we're not going to see eye to eye, it's already veering into forbidden topics and this thread is likely going to be locked soon enough anyway.
    I mean come on! Disavowing Critical Race theory is tantamount to saying "Context? What Context?" Do you really believe every prejudice holds the same weight and carries the same long lasting effects? Do you truly believe there's not truth to the idea of systemic oppression when this lawsuit is LITERALLY about the very concept? How can you reconcile these thoughts?

How can you even end discrimination when you don't want to acknowledge that prejudice doesn't affect everyone on the same manner, on the same ways?

What happened to your family is tragic, non way around it, but can you really claim the suffering the white people of South Africa during Apartheid is comparable to the suffering Black People experiences? That their magnitude was the same? That their effects have been the same for both groups?

I have the same opinion, and I'm super oppressed according to intersectionality. I'm gay, non white, handicapped and have mental health issues. I hate it when people try to control my personal narrative with systematic this or that. The only consistent inequality is financial one. That's what actually kills or give power.

Also, America needs to stop their woke imperialism. Other countries are not having the same issues as them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Ask any left-leaning netizen worth their salt, the louder and more performative an ally is, the more they go out of their way to show what a good ally they're being, the better the odds they're hiding some very topical skeletons.
    This, which is why "being woke" is sort of ridiculous... Its like the new "I'm a nice guy" but for everyone.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Prosecuting a company because employees passed around nude pictures of a female coworker at an office party and her subsequently killing herself is not "woke culture at work". It's the legal system stomping out abominable behaviors, as it should and is intended to.

Blizzard isn't a particularly special case here, sadly. Plenty of companies have such problems, of all sizes and in all kinds of sectors. I personally know of someone who worked in a place like that, and it did horrific things to her. This has to stop, period. And lawsuits like this are at least in principle one step in the right direction.

So does this mean wow's writing and stuff has gotten worse because its only women doing the work or because only 20% of the people are actually working?

Also super fucked up if its true about the suicide.

"All racism is racism" is what people with zero understanding of how systemic oppression works thinks racism is.

Says the overt racist.

OT: This is incredibly damning stuff. As someone else said, it's a win/win because both sides have it coming to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Prosecuting a company because employees passed around nude pictures of a female coworker at an office party and her subsequently killing herself is not "woke culture at work". It's the legal system stomping out abominable behaviors, as it should and is intended to.

Blizzard isn't a particularly special case here, sadly. Plenty of companies have such problems, of all sizes and in all kinds of sectors. I personally know of someone who worked in a place like that, and it did horrific things to her. This has to stop, period. And lawsuits like this are at least in principle one step in the right direction.
    Depends entirely where the pics are from. If its onlyfans or the stripper they hired into exec its her own fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    The gaming itself isn't the problem. The fact that the female employees were given the work that the men were supposed to do, but didn't because they were gaming, is the problem. Reading is hard?

And other than the gaming, it's about sexual harassment. Missed that part?

Also, it's a 2 year state investigation with a planted agent, not some disgruntled people.
    I used to be in a managing position in a startup and I had a legit case of 2 female employees ganging up and setting bogus charges against management of that nature.

A bit sad case for me because I was indirectly managing one of those employees, a good employee that got coerced by a terrible one that was about to be fired in her shitty scheme to keep the job and $$ while doing nothing.

One year fast forward that bullshit was thrown out in the court, because they obviously were trying to get a payout over completely cringeworthy accusations.

Things went to the point where basis of their case was some email sent by some employee with a poster like note from some movie which they considered to be sexual harassment and of course turned into "the culture" BS to justify lawsuit.

So yes, people here forget a bit that courts are still a thing and who knows how this will actually end. I can bet that there is A LOT of stretching going on and it might end up being another dud.

So yes, when I see stuff like this, I'd rather wait for what actually happens with lawsuit instead of spreading more BS that might not hold water in actual court.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2021-07-22 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post

It literally does not say that anywhere on the document the claim "female employees were given the work that the men were supposed to do, but didn't because they were gaming"

One claim that sort of resembles that is a women claiming her male co workers could play video games and get overlooked by their supervisor, but he would be critical of her if she took breaks.

Also it's literally disgruntled employees called "the group" in the document that started the claim. Blizzard has been aware of it since it started (2 years ago). There wasn't a planted agent.

Source: I actually read it.

Also the women making claims are financially incentivized, because they get fat pay days if California wins. It's literally on the last page of the document.

Ya, not quite what you thought huh.