Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    They already do. They have rainbow pride shirts on the Blizzard store, and two Overwatch characters are gay/lesbian. Soldier 76, and Tracer.
    I know they do and it was already icky after the whole China stuff, but I am saying after this report they can stop projecting full stop.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    lol... explains so much why they won't do much about misogyny in their games... guess i'll just never play blizzard games again...
    I don't think that's much the case for WoW at least in the past 3 expansions. In the past 3 expansions they've really developed female characters big time.

Sylvanas, and Tyrande in Shadowlands
    Jaina, and Talanji in BFA (Both became leaders; Admiral and Queen)
    Thalyssra, and Alleria in Legion (Nightborne, and Void Elf leaders). Nightborne got by far the most lore in Legion.

And as a bonus Yrel is the leader of alternate Draenor where the Lightbound have taken over.

I think it's just bad apples in the workplace
    Last edited by muto; 2021-07-22 at 10:16 AM.

The mods closed 2 threads about this news already. Apparently any negative news on Blizzard is classified as "forbidden topics" lmao
    Last edited by lockybalboa; 2021-07-22 at 10:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

They drove a woman to such despair she saw taking her life as the only escape. They knew. They covered it up. Every UwU softboy speech at Blizzcon has been a lie to part you with your money and generate brand loyalty. The mask has slipped and now we see them for what they are and if any of the usual brand defenders keep going and try to put a spin on this then i guess we know who they really are too.

This is unforgivable and should not be forgotten either. A company is not your friend and this horseshit is indefensible.

So apparently Blizzard put out a response, and well you can pass your own judgement.

https://variety.com/2021/digital/new...ay-1235025376/

Bottom half of the article.

I always find it hilarious (and saddening) when you see large corporations like this getting pinged for not offering equal pay.

In equal enforcement actions like this one, it is exceedingly hard to make out a case purely based on accusations because they're easy to paint as jilted employees. But offering unequal remuneration is basically a very provable slam dunk.
    Also does blizzard not have a HR and legal department? Surely someone at some time made the point paying women less for the same job is illegal.

Also,
    "Made her write a one-page summary explaining how she would spend the time off work"
    Blizzard are you ok?

EDIT
    It is this type of irresponsible behavior from unaccountable State bureaucrats that are driving many of the State’s best businesses out of California.
    If you have to defend yourself with Reaganomics you know you're in for a bad time at court.
    Last edited by Saltysquidoon; 2021-07-22 at 10:48 AM.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Just get those morons out of the company if this is true, and make them pay up.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I always find it hilarious (and saddening) when you see large corporations like this getting pinged for not offering equal pay.

In equal enforcement actions like this one, it is exceedingly hard to make out a case purely based on accusations because they're easy to paint as jilted employees. But offering unequal remuneration is basically a very provable slam dunk.
    Also Does blizzard not have a HR and legal department? Surely someone at some time made the point paying women less for the same job is illegal.

Also,
    "Made her write a one-page summary explaining how she would spend the time off work"
    Blizzard are you ok?

EDIT

If you have to defend yourself with Reaganomics you know you're in for a bad time at court.
    Spot on, equal pay if same job, same seniority, it should be so simple, same fucking pay.

A real shame if this is how it has been.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-07-22 at 10:51 AM.

Pretty terrible thing. No doubt it started off as a few bad actors that you can't really blame a company for but then it appears fairly obvious, according to the allegations, the behavior was IDed by the company and then actively covered up which now puts them at equal or greater blame because it festers a culture that permits it. It also kind of points it to being someone that's a someone because corporations usually don't hesitate to fire nobodies at a whim for self preservation. So I wouldn't be suprised if a big name we all recognize pops up in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Spot on, equal pay if same job, same seniority, it should be so simple, same fucking pay.

A real shame if this is how it has been.
    What about people who negociate their salary to obtain more than what they are paid at the moment ?
    Should the company just up the salary of those who have the same job&seniority even though they didn't go through the trouble of negociating ?

About the topic :

What a fucking disgrace. Hope they don't just put everything onto one scapegoat (Afrasiabi) even if he's a big offender (but surely not the only one) in this case.
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2021-07-22 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    The mods closed 2 threads about this news already. Apparently any negative news on Blizzard is classified as "forbidden topics" lmao
    Somehow closed for being politics related discussion. They should have remained open considering the WoW team and Blizzard were implicated specifically. If that's not related then

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Somehow closed for being politics related discussion. They should have remained open considering the WoW team and Blizzard were implicated specifically. If that's not related then
    I think it was just on the wrong section of the forums. While Blizzard news is WoW news in a lot of ways the subject manner in the threads really boiled down to legal and political topics that weren't very WoW centric for WoW general discussion. This section of the forum seems more appropriate in my opinion and will probably be ok to continue as long as it doesn't go to south.

Got to love the absolute virtue signalling by this miserable company when they’re doing this behind the scenes. They’re like those loud advocates of some movement when they’re guilty themselves to stay hidden with the mases while projecting onto others…

Rule of Thumb; do NOT buy into any of the “progressive” crap these corporates Market out with. They’re just appealing the masses with zero sincerity.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2021-07-22 at 11:51 AM.

All this sheds light on is a confirmation that a majority of Blizzard Entertainment is not genuine in its support of progressive ideals.

As awful as woke progressives tend to be, the worst thing about them is that they are actually correct in some instances, and scum like this is empowering them to continue being the main power of the west and control polite society.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    What about people who negociate their salary to obtain more than what they are paid at the moment ?
    Should the company just up the salary of those who have the same job&seniority even though they didn't go through the trouble of negociating ?
    No, and its a good point you are making. I mean base salary in my post, and the examples in this case it seemed to be the opposite, but thats another matter.

I take your point into my situation now, and its important what you write. Other in my company that started when I did, just got a raise because they negotiated salary earlier, while I now wait till August when I am back to my usual department. I am waiting to negotiate raise because where I am working this summer months I have more time off than the others, which I have told my boss that I enjoy, (just as much as a raise, which I have not told him spesifically) so I am satisfied with it for now. I have been too kind before, as in naive, but to get places, you make yourself go there right. Which can be easy for some to do, and for some, very hard.

Just writing this as an example because I wholeheartedly agree, there are nuances(which is one reason why women gets paid less generally because they overall work less than men)

But again, my post was about exact same condition, if someone negotiate personally for more, while the other dont, thats their loss. But if two negotiate, work the same, same seniority, same effort and performance, and they dont get same pay, then you have an issue.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-07-22 at 12:35 PM.

So Blizzard pushes a bunch of woke shit on us, but at the same time still treating their female workers like garbage.

Never really liked Alex Afrisbee, especially after his rude dialogue with Ion at Blizzcon years ago(the moment Ion nervously snapped at him on stage)

10+ Year Old Account
    Activision Blizzard's response to the lawsuit is proof that the lawsuit is correct and they're run by the absolute worst men on Earth.

Their PR response is basically the alt right playbook 101. "We didn't do it, there's faceless bureaucrats conspiring against us!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Their PR response is basically the alt right playbook 101. "We didn't do it, there's faceless bureaucrats conspiring against us!"
    A big corporate business being alt-right minded? I would post a Pikachu shocked face right if I could :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-07-22 at 12:49 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

So I was reading over the brief at lunch and it's actually buckwild to me this has been drafted and pled as a wholly civil action. I mean I'm not going to tell California how to do their legal system but come on give your regulatory bodies some teeth.
    Make up a regulatory court or tribunal, throw some criminal penalties into the act. Perice the corporate veil because limited liability companies are a fundamentally unfair institution that allows people with money and power to commit white-collar crimes while hiding behind a paper person.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Literally yes if they're doing the same job.
    "Negotiating salaries based on value" has arguably always been a myth and is certainly a myth in multinational multibillion-dollar operations. No one adds value to blizzard to such a degree they could not be replaced in an instant with little to no impact on day-to-day operations.
    It's simply a tactic to enforce competion between workers and prevent unionisation because at the end of the day it costs the company less to pay jim 20 grand more a year because 'he negotiated better' than it is to pay Jim, Sally and John 20 grand a year more because they do the same job.

It's hard to talk about specifics to the case though without seeing the full suite of evidence California has.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Activision Blizzard's response to the lawsuit is proof that the lawsuit is correct and they're run by the absolute worst men on Earth.

Blizzard is alt right lol? I thought they've always pushed their woke leftist agenda on us
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

7+ Year Old Account
    I guess Activision Blizzard will now need to do something impressive that shows how anti-sexist they actually are. Looks like we're heading into peak wokeness. lol