Poll: Is Anduin evil now?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Don't be fooled, they're going to redeem him this expansion. Can't waste two of their poster boys and gurls in just one expansion.
    How can one be redeemed if that's not him? He's mind-controlled, his actions are not his own.

Hes neither hes being mind controlled after all Christine wouldnt want anything bad to happen to one of her fave characters. We will prob save him and he will take a week to get over it and be right as rain next patch

5+ Year Old Account
    Honestly now after what has happened. I am starting to care less and less about him. Even if we manage to save him he will look like Jailers puppet not the Anduin I knew. More what interests me is now how Ve’nari has cypher of relocation, which is constellan technology and why she was standing in front of the Maw and making profit. Well, now she’s just sitting there and scamming us for stygia in exchange for reputation which we don’t even need as she no longer has anything good for sale. I have stopped turning any quests with her. I feel we are being heavily deceived by those NPC’s. I no longer trust those Attendants either. Why the hell we waste so much time on restoring this archive, what is there to gain except gem sockets? I love Calia Menethil sarcastic comment about Oribos that something is really off.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-07-23 at 03:07 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope, just the blade same as Arthas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Honestly now after what has happened. I am starting to care less and less about him. Even if we manage to save him he will look like Jailers puppet not the Anduin I knew. More what interests me is now how Ve’nari has cypher of relocation, which is constellan technology and why she is standing in front of the Maw and making profit. Well, now she’s just sitting there and scamming us for stygia in exchange for reputation which we don’t even need as she no longer has anything good for sale. I have stopped turning any quests with her. I feel we are being heavily deceived by those NPC’s. I no longer trust those Attendants either. Why the hell we waste so much time on restoring this archive, what is there to gain except gem sockets? I love Calia Menethil sarcastic comment about Oribos that something is really off.
    He is the jailers puppet, what would that devalue him in your eyes if he cannot control what is happening to him? Arthas was the Lich Kings puppet but it didn't devalue him as a character.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post

He is the jailers puppet, what would that devalue him in your eyes if he cannot control what is happening to him? Arthas was the Lich Kings puppet but it didn't devalue him as a character.
    Maybe nothing. Just the damage being done and being completely powerless pains me.
    The Primus was also in Torhgast like Thrall or Jaina and didn’t break.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-07-22 at 12:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Maybe nothing. Just the damage being done and being completely powerless pains me.
    The Primus was also in Torhgast like Thrall or Jaina and didn’t break.
    To be fair he didn't mind control those characters. The Primus did break, shattered his memories and identity. What I don't understand is why he specifically chose Anduin? Based on what he's had him do anyone could have done what he did. Why reject the others? Maybe it will explain it in the future but he's not needed his connection to the light or anything. Pretty meh story advancement is my problem with the Anduin change.

Quote Originally Posted by Meow View Post
    Make him evil so he finally becomes Manduin.
    i guess he would become Meanduin ;D

He's not evil. He's being mind controllesd. We'll beat sense into him. He'll go into exile for an expansion pack after feeling abandoned by the light. Turalyon will become regent. Open the Alliance to the Yrel's lightbound. They take over stormwind and start to purge the "unclean". Start 10.0 wraith of the Light.

Kind of hope Blizzard reveals that he’s not being mind controlled, but instead he has just had his morals and soul subdued to where everything he is doing he is doing because of his own inner demons and wants.
    Basically, the glimmer of doubt that was revealed during his talk with Sylvanas where he had that tiny moment of thinking she and the Jailer might be right, has been exploited by the Jailer to take away any of his resistance to the idea of it. Instead of the blade, and the Jailer, controlling him and his actions, they are just suppressing his morals and doubts and he is just a zealot to Zovaal’s plan.
    Highly doubt it will go that way, but if done well it could be more interesting than “oh, I was kind controlled. I didn’t know any better.”

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Kind of hope Blizzard reveals that he’s not being mind controlled, but instead he has just had his morals and soul subdued to where everything he is doing he is doing because of his own inner demons and wants.
    Basically, the glimmer of doubt that was revealed during his talk with Sylvanas where he had that tiny moment of thinking she and the Jailer might be right, has been exploited by the Jailer to take away any of his resistance to the idea of it. Instead of the blade, and the Jailer, controlling him and his actions, they are just suppressing his morals and doubts and he is just a zealot to Zovaal’s plan.
    Highly doubt it will go that way, but if done well it could be more interesting than “oh, I was kind controlled. I didn’t know any better.”
    While a more interesting direction to go. The brief glimpses Anduin gets of clarity he seems very surprised. So based on that I doubt his super aware of what's happening to him.

I miss the days when Metzen was still around... We got to see Thrall in action everyday instead of this wimp Anduin who is an absolute disgrace to the Alliance. I hope they kill him off for good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

He's possessed.
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

Does being "forced" to serve evil against your will consider you as being bad, even if you were good to begin with? Would that also count for every being under the influence of old gods if they were good before being driven to madness?

Andy will be "cured" by Tyrande and is gonna marry Sylvanas, because now he understands her torment.
    Mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    While a more interesting direction to go. The brief glimpses Anduin gets of clarity he seems very surprised. So based on that I doubt his super aware of what's happening to him.
    True. I just would like something better than simple kind controlled is all.

5+ Year Old Account
    To be fair he didn't mind control those characters. The Primus did break, shattered his memories and identity. What I don't understand is why he specifically chose Anduin? Based on what he's had him do anyone could have done what he did. Why reject the others? Maybe it will explain it in the future but he's not needed his connection to the light or anything. Pretty meh story advancement is my problem with the Anduin change.
    This has to do something with the Light. Don't forget Elune created Naaru. Sylvanas even says something about her like "Last remnants of a dying god". What are those remnants? Shattered stars? Elune might be an Eternal. Light is at war with the Venthyr for collaborating with Dreadlords, who made all this mess to start with. It seems like this domination magic can be somehow controlled only by the Light. Arthas was a paladin as well. It makes sense, but that's just my theory. I once done quest in Northend where there was a dying soldier and Tirion Fordring wanted me to find a way to heal him, but somehow his soul was shattered and there was no way to do it. Every possible healer we tried until at the end Naaru came and separated his soul from his body. There was also this moment where Tirion uses the Light's power to break the Lich King's bonds and strikes at him. I was stunned how powerful the Light can be. It's a serious buisness.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-07-29 at 05:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To anyone claiming "Anduin is evil now", here's a fact for you all:

No, Anduin is NOT evil.

He is being mind-controlled. A character being controlled by an external entity, seemingly with a complete lack of agency on their actions and words (as we could see when the Jailer sent Anduin to attack the Archon), cannot be called considered evil. In this case, Anduin is little more than a weapon, a tool wielded by the Jailer, and is no more evil than a bat that was used to cave someone's skull in.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    To anyone claiming "Anduin is evil now", here's a fact for you all:

No, Anduin is NOT evil.

He is being mind-controlled. A character being controlled by an external entity, seemingly with a complete lack of agency on their actions and words (as we could see when the Jailer sent Anduin to attack the Archon), cannot be called considered evil. In this case, Anduin is little more than a weapon, a tool wielded by the Jailer, and is no more evil than a bat that was used to cave someone's skull in.
    And since we have a fight where we strip the armor off the boss, Anduins fight will be the same, but with 'I'm too sexy...' playing as ambiance in the background.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    I miss the days when Metzen was still around... We got to see Thrall in action everyday instead of this wimp Anduin who is an absolute disgrace to the Alliance. I hope they kill him off for good.
    Thrall was and is a pussy. The only decent Warchief they've had was Garrosh and he was a genocidal nut. Replace the orcs with fairies. It's time.

Thrall was and is a pussy. The only decent Warchief they've had was Garrosh and he was a genocidal nut. Replace the orcs with fairies. It's time.
    Samuel L. Jackson: *Stares Motherfuckerly*