Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    2 years of investigation and all they've shown so far are "testimonies". I bet it's not all about aiming for settlements at ALL.
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.
    What did you expect? They're not going to release all the evidences they gathered to the public the day they filled against the company. In the filling document, they don't give any precise information but you can be sure they have names, dates, and all that is necessary - they wouldn't sue if they didn't have solid evidences. That's how the law is supposed to work. Also, testimonies from third parties are important proofs because we're dealing with people's behaviors and you can be sure people abusing others are not doing it by email.

I also think their "crimes against gaming" (wtf is that...) are nothing compared to what those women had to endure, the abuse, the exploitation and the hate. Putting the two on the same level is just tragic and unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    So we're not even gonna wait for the court to decide? As always the internet decides who is guilty and innocent. Gotta love this cancel culture.....

If this is true, it's obviously horrible, but people really need to stop deciding what is true from just reading what someone writes on internet. This time there is even a case going to court about it. Isn't it better to wait and see how this goes before passing out judgement?
    underrated point none of these things have been proven, although we know thats not how twitter and the internet works

WTF, they drive a woman to commit suicide after sexually harassing her nonstop and getting nud pics of her sharing those around the office.

These fuckers need to be burn for this and pay an extremely high price.

5+ Year Old Account
    So we're not even gonna wait for the court to decide? As always the internet decides who is guilty and innocent. Gotta love this cancel culture.....

If this is true, it's obviously horrible, but people really need to stop deciding what is true from just reading what someone writes on internet. This time there is even a case going to court about it. Isn't it better to wait and see how this goes before passing out judgement?
    This is honestly something I have been thinking about since reading everything and twitter. Of course I feel for the people who have suffered according to this article and the many other things I've read about the situation. But I agree with this point. We should wait. I don't like jumping to conclusions specially when I am very conflicted about this issue. I guess we will find out sooner or later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    WTF, they drive a woman to commit suicide after sexually harassing her nonstop and getting nud pics of her sharing those around the office.

These fuckers need to be burn for this and pay an extremely high price.
    Ye who needs courts or judges! The best solution is for the internet to be the judge, jury and executioner!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its piling up.. Blizzard. Good job.

Alex afrasabi.. we speculated, but it seems very possible he was ditched quietly same as quinten flynn. None of the two was proven as far as I can read or find.

Blizz is making bad move afther another. I truly hope they fall just because of these false accusations.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-07-22 at 11:50 AM.

The entire state is corrupt anyways according to Blizzard's own words, uttered in near perfect precision mere moments after the publication of the law suit.
    So either all the institutions are corrupt and their judgement doesn't mean shit or Blizzard is making shit up, pulling the '"oh you so mean, we'Re leaving this place if you fuck with us" card and they'll just weasel out of this - like they have allegedly been doing for the last decade.

People are frustrated because even if the courts were to fuck them over... nothing would happen. They'd get a slap on the wrist, pay some random $10m in damages, fire 4-5 random ass scapegoats, promise betterment... and just keep going on as usual behind closed doors - can't wait for Blizzcon 2022. when J Brack comes out on stages with his teeny tiny cute pride badge talking about how family this, friendship that, inclusivity here, diversity there, we promise we'll do better... aaaand the inevitable PR fiasco quickly following 2 months after that.

Exactly this, in the USA it's innocent until proven guilty, not guilty because the internet declared it to be so. We heard one side of the story and already people are jumping on the bandwagon of "The womenz is right" I am a woman myself, and I call it absolute bullcrap. I am sick of women being defended instantly and deemed the speaker of pure unbridled truth the moment a "harassment" claim is made. Because there could be a chance it's a false claim to ruin someone in order to get her way.

Don't think it's possible? Then you are now claiming women are infallible, too stupid, and weak to pull off some kind of BS like that, and there are A LOT out there who could and would for the sake of money. I'm not claiming this is the case mind you, but let's be real. Either side could be guilty and until the court can do their job, no one is right or wrong. Taking one side over the other is ridiculous, especially if your sole reason is "Well a woman said it, so it MUST be true."
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Got to love the absolute virtue signalling by this miserable company when they’re doing this behind the scenes. They’re like those loud advocates of some movement when they’re guilty themselves to stay hidden with the mases while projecting onto others…

Rule of Thumb; do NOT buy into any of the “progressive” crap these corporates Market out with. They’re just appealing the masses with zero sincerity.

Christ… is there anything at all good about this company?

The Plague Fall changes effect getting the yellow worm mount too.
    It was not difficult anyhow, but I did skip the first two bosses when soloing the last 2 for the mount.

Wow... I just started reading the page before.

Sorry to bring up in-game stuff guys.
    Last edited by slime; 2021-07-22 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by haiyken View Post
    I also think their "crimes against gaming" (wtf is that...) are nothing compared to what those women had to endure, the abuse, the exploitation and the hate. Putting the two on the same level is just tragic and unacceptable.
    Yeah, well - I don't care about some women I've never met and that haven't proven anyone's misdeed yet. For now as I see it, nothing has happened. Don't even think about applying to Commiefornia's authority here. If they can prove harassment at court then I'll cheer for them to get what they deserve.
    As I said in a previous post: BELIEVE ALL WOMEN is a joke and no adult should take this slogan seriously. Especially in a culture where patting someone on a shoulder is "literal rape" in eyes of some people - especially the Twitter crowd (which there are a lot of here too).

If you feel offended by me wanting proof then you're part of the problem.

Yeah, well - I don't care about some women I've never met and that haven't proven anyone's misdeed yet. For now as I see it, nothing has happened. Don't even think about applying to Commiefornia's authority here. If they can prove harassment at court then I'll cheer for them to get what they deserve.
    As I said in a previous post: BELIEVE ALL WOMEN is a joke and no adult should take this slogan seriously. Especially in a culture where patting someone on a shoulder is "literal rape" in eyes of some people - especially the Twitter crowd (which there are a lot of here too).

Proof? Sworn testimony is proof here in America the last time I checked. Even women’s testimony counts if you can believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdhammer View Post
    Proof? Sworn testimony is proof here in America the last time I checked. Even women’s testimony counts if you can believe it.
    No, sworn testimony is considered evidence, which can then be later proven to be falsified.
    I’m not saying these testimonies are false, but they aren’t proof.

You flag that around as if it's anything more than basically a summary of what the Defendant(s) claim / say has happened (As in; the aforementioned blogpost) - Until the lawsuit actually brings results and the Defendants wins the case; there is no discussion to be had as for all anyone knows - This could be outright bs, you need not do more than google "Lawsuits gone wrong" to see the ridiculous lengths people will go to / have gone to in order to file lawsuits against someone for "Insert X reason here" - Even when those lawsuits is based on nothing but lies and rage.

Apart from proven numbers of the pay - Which I'd love if they brought up a whole table of everyone in question so we can see if the difference is that big for ALL the women across the entire company as opposed to males of equal working roles: The rest is "Claims" until the lawsuit goes trough or not. I will agree that the payment discrepancies is not right at all but I must also call to question how this has not been brought up before and if it is for every female in the company when compared to males of similar working roles.

You are more than welcome to come back and bite me in the ass if the lawsuit goes trough to boost your self morale but until then; Please don't handwave things which has yet to even be settle upon as definitive evidence.
    The funniest jokes on MMO-Champ in order: (This signature is not calling out anyone in SPECIFIC and is thus not breaking any rules)
    1: All the moderators that does not know how to handle this webpage.
    2: Whoever set up the auto-bot that does not know the rules.
    3: The rules and guidelines themselves.
    Speaking of jokes:https://i.imgur.com/MaBzzAR.png

Wow. A lot to unpack here.

To begin with, this is the state suing the company after a 2 year investigation, which is not something they do unless they have ironclad proof.
    Secondly, a woman killed herself over harassment. For you to complain that "patting someone on a shoulder is 'literal rape'" is just disgusting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    "California Department of Fair Employment"

Government agencies often twist everything out of context to try and be as obnoxious as possible. Willing to bet most of the accusations are greatly exaggerated.
    Amazing how people like you always shout "lets wait for proof" but then also say "Willing to bet most of the accusations are greatly exaggerated" as if you're not just being the opposite end of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    No, sworn testimony is considered evidence, which can then be later proven to be falsified.
    I’m not saying these testimonies are false, but they aren’t proof.
    By this argument, nothing is proof but rather "evidence".

Also, i do not think you know how big of a deal a sworn testimony is. Its so big that if they person finds out to be lying they get imprisoned. Its not something people would take lightly.
    Last edited by Malix Farwin; 2021-07-22 at 12:51 PM.

2 years of investigation and all they've shown so far are "testimonies". I bet it's not all about aiming for settlements at ALL.
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Thankfully we live in reality where "innocent until proven guilty" is the norm, not BELIEVE ALL WOMEN. Like women are some mystical creatures incapable of lying.
    Woman: *Kills herself on a company outing because they passed around pictures of her genitals at a party*
    You: "Yeah but Torghast is really annoying to grind which is obviously worse"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    By this argument, nothing is proof but rather "evidence".
    No. Evidence is information that might lead one to believe something to be real or true (like a testimony). Proof is a fact that demonstrates something to be real or true (like a security camera confirming a testimony).

Testimony isn't proof.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Meta View Post
    you need not do more than google "Lawsuits gone wrong" to see the ridiculous lengths people will go to / have gone to in order to file lawsuits against someone for "Insert X reason here" - Even when those lawsuits is based on nothing but lies and rage.
    There is an extreme difference between a civil suit and a state lawsuit that has 2 years of investigations preceding it.
    The main difference being that the state wouldn't sue if they didn't expect to win the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a toxic place to work, might explain why the quality of the game has dropped. The outcome wont effect my desire to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Woman: *Kills herself on a company outing because they passed around pictures of her genitals at a party*
    You: "Yeah but Torghast is really annoying to grind which is obviously worse"

- - - Updated - - -

No. Evidence is information that might lead one to believe something to be real or true (like a testimony). Proof is a fact that demonstrates something to be real or true (like a security camera confirming a testimony).

Testimony isn't proof.

- - - Updated - - -

There is an extreme difference between a civil suit and a state lawsuit that has 2 years of investigations preceding it.
    The main difference being that the state wouldn't sue if they didn't expect to win the case.
    Proof: evidence or argument establishing or helping to establish a fact or the truth of a statement.

Literally says evidence in the definition....

Edit: Quite literally the second definition of a testimony: evidence or proof provided by the existence or appearance of something.