Poll: Time skip or remake?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Why do you need that? Seems easier to just program the warchief to say, "Let's end this bloodshed and merge" and the alliance dude to be like, "Sure".
    I mean if that is your argument than you can explain everything with it. Just program Sargeras to say "Sorry guys, Jailor bad, lets team up" and Jailor say "Actually I only wanted to have friends, lets end this conflict, btw. everybody who died during this conflict gets resurrected, even if their soul was destroyed."

Sure, if you want to ignore every logic and character motivation you can do that, but thats usually not the starting point of the discussion in this kinds of threads.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I want our characters to be reborn with no memory in a world like 100 years removed that we need to rediscover because a lot has changed.
    Yes that's what we need.

i just want more raids and dungeons and less sytems over systems so im happy is the story just move on without a time skip o remake or whatever. Also for me we are palying WOW 9 and i dont want to full start again in a "new" game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Easy. We spent about a year inside the shadowlands. 50-100 years passed on the outside. Some dev already said time is percieved differently in shadowlands. Just make it seperate with different time scales.
    never undestood that logic, jaina and trall said they expend a lot of time in the maw before we rescue them, so if time is different is slowest in shadowlands. Also in night fae campaign we travel to azeroth like 3 times and nothing changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    for a real time skip to happen it has to be "wow 2"

15+ Year Old Account
    I would prefer a remake honestly. The integrity of the world is totally broken and it exists only in our heads. Stuff like "oh I have a quest in tanaris. Where is this? *opens map* oh I need to take the boat" is not there anymore in terms of it is no longer part of your experience. The world exists through portals, bronze dragon zones, phases and stuff that happened years ago.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    How would a long time skip work lore-wise if we continue playing the same characters?
    You got heavily injured and frozen like Mekkatorkue in a stasis capsule and lifted into some cave to prevent others to get revenge on you. 1000 years later you were long forgotten, wake up but weakened. Now you need to escape.

Neither. Azeroth is born, and her inhabitants are forced to a travel to a new world. Unknown dangers, new locations and races, and very unstable claims and frontiers between the existing races' new homes, setting up several expansions of brand new lore without the need to keep escalating the threats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otrew View Post
    never undestood that logic
    Yet you understand the following:
    - Time moves differently in different dimensions allowing WoD Draenor pre-Legion invasion to attach itself to current timeline Azeroth.
    - There are different multiverses with different versions of you, but you all merge when you join the Legion.
    - Both of the above can be true.
    - The Legion picked on our Azeroth instead of some weaksauce multiverse version in spite of the above.
    - You can die in the Shadowlands, yet the Maw is for Eternal damnation. We are presently killing bad guys in the Maw.
    - Everyone on Azeroth seems to have known about the Jailer for at least 30 something years, and was yet never brought up.

Basically nothing has had any logic to it since WoD. So just suspend any disbelief, you can't use logic as an argument here.

I want to see us get to the story of Olduin Wrynn in the comic. The last final battle.

So, time skip it is.

Or:
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Neither. Azeroth is born, and her inhabitants are forced to a travel to a new world. Unknown dangers, new locations and races, and very unstable claims and frontiers between the existing races' new homes, setting up several expansions of brand new lore without the need to keep escalating the threats.
    Hey, I like this. In about 12 years(real life), 4-5 expansions later, Olduin and Azeroth the Titan go to war against the shadow, after the people of Azeroth have settled down in new worlds.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-07-22 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    You got heavily injured and frozen like Mekkatorkue in a stasis capsule and lifted into some cave to prevent others to get revenge on you. 1000 years later you were long forgotten, wake up but weakened. Now you need to escape.
    You log in and find yourself seated and bound on the back of a horse-drawn cart. Then you hear a gnome's voice: "Hey, you. You’re finally awake. You were trying to cross the border, right? Walked right into that gnoll ambush, same as us, and that rogue over there."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    I mean; you can have new organizations, factions, characters, and even cities arise in 20-30 years.
    like i said, the gap is too small for people to recover after 3 world ending threads that quickly.

we need generations, enough for them to reproduce and arise. Otherwise will feels forced like we have now

5+ Year Old Account
    Timeskip. We need new characters and a developing story. Not callbacks and constant rewrites of pre-existing story for marketing purposes. People like the gameplay and world enough to move forward.

A remake feels unnecessary because at that point they should just make a new IP.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    If the current writing team remains then neither a time skip nor a remake will matter whatsoever
    Ah yes the "cool kid" crowd has arrived with the mandatory "current writing team" comment as if the previous writing team was somehow better.

Quote Originally Posted by Otrew View Post
    never undestood that logic, jaina and trall said they expend a lot of time in the maw before we rescue them, so if time is different is slowest in shadowlands. Also in night fae campaign we travel to azeroth like 3 times and nothing changed.
    People don't seem to realize that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I would prefer a remake honestly. The integrity of the world is totally broken and it exists only in our heads. Stuff like "oh I have a quest in tanaris. Where is this? *opens map* oh I need to take the boat" is not there anymore in terms of it is no longer part of your experience. The world exists through portals, bronze dragon zones, phases and stuff that happened years ago.
    Yeah... fast travel kinda ruined the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Ah yes the "cool kid" crowd has arrived with the mandatory "current writing team" comment as if the previous writing team was somehow better.
    No one ever complained about Metzen's work to this extent and you're lying to yourself if you think otherwise

If the current writing team remains then neither a time skip nor a remake will matter whatsoever
    Yeah, this is true unfortunately.

We might get a mega dose of this poop currently, if they get a "blank slate" to work from.

I think remake is better, there is tons of good lore that has been butchered through the years, i would like everything to be rewritten from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Okay. Let’s seriously discuss this. With shadowlands events. The story can now easily support a remake or a time skip.

But the question is not how, but which would you think would be better??

Do you want them to undo and re write the history - anything from all of it since trolls or from certain points like WC1 or maybe classic wow or maybe TBC onwards.

The other option is a time skip. But how much? Do we go like 5 years ? 20? 50? 200? 1000? Where we are legends thought lost. Azeroth has either flourished or being dominated by some evil we weren’t there to stop - which would be better? Fully recovered races or totally devastated world to return to.

And don’t forget to add why.
    I would have a massive time skip, 1000s of years. Factions have dissolved, new races have come to be. Still have our memories but shocked at what has become. Not sci-fi futuristic, similar stuffs. I would even make it two fold. We get back and N'zoth has taken over with a small resistance of former horde and alliance races plus new ones struggling to keep the last few non corrupted strongholds on Azeroth. You get to pick your starting area. We drive back N'zoth and finally finish him off. As the story progresses and we recapture zone after zone the corruption goes away and the unaffected new zones emerge to rediscover again.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't agree on a time skip or a reycon of undoing.. i really dont wanna lose any of my favorite lore characters.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

It's more the money guys at AB that might prevent it due to being too costly. If the new article about what happened to WC3R is true.