Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Is AH dominated by bots?

Can't seem to sell anything without a person undercutting me within 5 minutes, and I'm on a low pop server.
    Last edited by Strawberry; 2021-07-22 at 05:54 PM.

Your low pop server is probably connected with 4-5 other low pop servers.

Also, patch just dropped, tons of people came back, player activity will wind down in the next month or two.

Bots and people who really enjoy "Auction House Simulator" and spend most of their time doing that.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My server has the writer of the Wowhead article relating to Gold Making on it plus a few other names I've noticed over time so it can be quite tight at times. Also seeing your Auctions bought by them makes me think I probably sold something too cheap xD

Had an issue on my Horde server which is much bigger (Tarren-Mill/Dentarg). Been throwing stuff at AH recently and it doesn't stick, might as well be a boomerang right now.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Can't seem to sell anything without a person undercutting me within 5 minutes, and I'm on a low pop server.
    On my server, competition is just a thing on the AH. A lot of people using it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I play on the highest Alliance pop server in the EU (Silvermoon) and I have no problem making 40-80k per day on my very casual crafting toon. Never had a problem with "bots" at all.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

If you believe the price is below market, then buy it

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I play on the highest Alliance pop server in the EU (Silvermoon) and I have no problem making 40-80k per day on my very casual crafting toon. Never had a problem with "bots" at all.
    Kazzak EU here and I haven't had any problems aswell.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not talking about mats and stuff.
    I have tried to sell 235 Shadowghast Necklace for a week now. Started with 95k, now it's at 60k. As soon as I remove it, most other ones disappear and are put up within minutes for the same price as mine.
    It's 1am now and within 2 minutes of me removing it from the AH, 2 of 3 other 235 necklaces were removed from the AH and put at the same price as mine.

Now I'm going to put it for 45k and leave it at that. Let's see what those idiot bots are going to do now. I don't care if I lose money, a token is 240k anyway.

No, it's not bots. It's auctioneer. People over many years have become very competent at using it.

I could easily make a million gold a week with little to no effort, during the busier times of expansion cycles.

The fact that you can sell that gold very easily with little risk is highly motivating to learn the most efficient ways of making gold on the AH.
    Last edited by Takure; 2021-07-22 at 11:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I have no issues ever selling things now, and all I have to do is use the base UI, throw it up, everything sells within a few minutes.

Come to Illidan

It's bots. I used to have a ton of old semi-rare patterns that would typically be listed for tens of thousands of gold. There was a guy on my old server that mostly instantly undercut me no matter what time of the day I posted at, but there was a threshold where he wouldn't undercut, and a second threshold (really low one) that would buy me out.

Second threshold was really low. I accidentally listed something for 2500g instead of 25000g and it got bought (by the same guy) before I could even cancel.

edit - for what it's worth, I was undercutting from 60k, and undermine journal had something like an average around 35k
    Last edited by crazyman2; 2021-07-22 at 11:36 PM.

Same thing in Classic. I post something and then literally 5 minutes later, 3 or 4 people have undercut me by 1 copper.

I'm not talking about mats and stuff.
    I have tried to sell 235 Shadowghast Necklace for a week now. Started with 95k, now it's at 60k. As soon as I remove it, most other ones disappear and are put up within minutes for the same price as mine.
    It's 1am now and within 2 minutes of me removing it from the AH, 2 of 3 other 235 necklaces were removed from the AH and put at the same price as mine.

Now I'm going to put it for 45k and leave it at that. Let's see what those idiot bots are going to do now. I don't care if I lose money, a token is 240k anyway.
    I sell all levels of every legendary template item I have/can make for like 1% above material cost.

No reason it needs to be any higher.

You can thank the people who rely on TSM to play the auction house for them.

It has always been like that. It's not really bots, just people with good setups (addon-wise).

The trick to participate in the AH game without actually investing a ton into it is to just undercut heavily. This will force the barons' hands into either:
    • Purchasing your stuff and reselling it at a higher price
    • Not dropping their own price and just letting your sell first

So unless you want to really participate in the AH market by buying and selling consistently, it's best to just undercut a ton. Sometimes you'll get some whispers yelling at you for "dropping the price", but imo if the price decreased from a single guy undercutting it just means it was overpriced before and now it's just closer to the real value.

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    Also seeing your Auctions bought by them makes me think I probably sold something too cheap xD
    I've always loved this bit. Setting a price on which I know AH simulator fans will buy it for reselling it. Sure I get less then the potential max, but I also have guaranteed sold all my materials and can continue doing the stuff I find fun with a decent amount of money to accompany that

The new system is dumb. If you place at the same price as the others, you’re first priority to sell until someone undercuts or places another auction at the same price. People are now realizing this and removing auctions and reposting all day. First priority should be first posted, not last.

There are auction house bots. I have a dude on my server thats lv10, nothing on the account, and puts up a single desolate leather exactly every 30 seconds at 2.5g. While the act itself isn’t a problem, idc if they put up at half price and buy the those that post at that, its that they consistently post at the exact same time loop. Always 30 seconds, always 1 one piece. Anyone says otherwise? Well i just put up a auction for 2.51g and its been up several minutes now, usually gets insta-bought if at 2.5g. If it was a real human, they would have bought it.

The new auction house is trash and need another fix. Its undercut>sell last>sell first. The undercut is fine but the sell last, priority first is dumb and needs to be changed to either rng sells or first post priority.

What do I mean by rng sells? If you match current price and some one buys an item then each individual item is rolled out, basically each person on the ah is rolling for the gold per item. Though, this may cause server issues.

My final suggestion would be just copy the grand exchange from runescape. Its a really good system with barely any flaws.

What was up with the old auction house though? It was fine up until bfa. It never caused any issues then suddenly server issues.
    Last edited by Usernameforforums; 2021-07-23 at 02:53 PM.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Takure View Post
    No, it's not bots. It's auctioneer. People over many years have become very competent at using it.

I could easily make a million gold a week with little to no effort, during the busier times of expansion cycles.

The fact that you can sell that gold very easily with little risk is highly motivating to learn the most efficient ways of making gold on the AH.
    Auctioneer doesn't work for retail does it?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    The new system is dumb. If you place at the same price as the others, you’re first priority to sell until someone undercuts or places another auction at the same price. People are now realizing this and removing auctions and reposting all day. First priority should be first posted, not last.
    And what would change then? Or in comparison to the old AH? People still can and could remove their auction and repost it for 1 copper less all day to sell it first, and people would never post it for the same price but always undercutting by at least 1 copper if the first to post at that price would get priority.