Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    It's already happening. See all the previous comments saying "its just a lawsuit" or "innocent until proven guilty". Which I agree totally WHEN its coming from an individual or group of individuals. This is a California Court moving forward with a lawsuit after more than 2 years of investigations with hundreds of testimonies.
    They are so competent they couldnt even write cosby right. Look at the original one -Repeatedly "Bill Crosby"

Quote Originally Posted by mbit View Post
    They are so competent they couldnt even write cosby right. Look at the original one -Repeatedly "Bill Crosby"
    I wouldn't hold the typo against them. Legal documents are riddled with such. You'd be amazed. If I had a buck for every typo I've seen in a document on my desk, I could've retired by now.

Even simple words. I saw repeated misspellings of "State" as "Sate" the other day!

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post

lol. I feel vindicated after years of saying blizzard sucks
    This is very sad.
    Last edited by Lodreh; 2021-07-22 at 07:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    I'm not saying this didn't happen... but I can not find a single news article that talks about a former Activision-Blizzard employee committing suicide for any reason... especially on a business trip regardless of circumstances. The only time it is even mentioned is in the news surrounding this very lawsuit. I am curious for more details as this should have been a red flag from miles out.
    It's almost as if there are laws in place to protect the family of those experiencing loss. This is a government body starting the lawsuit, not employees. Just do some dang research and not just assume ONE article will explain the entire details. Read the dang suit, on page 15 it lays everything out in regards to the suicide.

All you arm chair lawyers too lazy to even read the suit and just go off the click bait title and summary need to shut up or read the report. Either way we should all shut up and let the family grieve in peace and stop trying to defend a corporation that PAYS people to defend them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying this didn't happen... but I can not find a single news article that talks about a former Activision-Blizzard employee committing suicide for any reason... especially on a business trip regardless of circumstances. The only time it is even mentioned is in the news surrounding this very lawsuit. I am curious for more details as this should have been a red flag from miles out.
    Hopefully no one helps you find anything to satisfy your morbid curiosity. This being a wow community site though, I am sure you have plenty of mind liked people that would spend hours digging into something so morbid. Unfortunately.
    Last edited by Grimbolt; 2021-07-22 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    And again: it does not matter what the topic is. Insulting any other poster should not be tolerated here.
    Bullshit. Speaking out against sexual offenders or harassers, and calling them exactly what they are, should be tolerated literally everywhere. No exceptions.
    But funny to see that your biggest issue here are the people who (admittedly in rough language) speak out against them, instead of the harassers themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    A woman took her life and the brand loyalty fanboys are still going "bUt wHeRe iS dA pRoOfS???" because they are choosing to go to bad and defend this. Which really says something about either the depths of addiction to a IP someone can have or just how lacking in basic human decency some people are.
    Welcome to brand fanboys and/or sexists. They exist for every brand on the planet, and are among the most digusting people imaginable. Theyd literally let them get away with anything bc its "mUh bLizZaRD"
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    It's almost as if there are laws in place to protect the family of those experiencing loss. This is a government body starting the lawsuit, not employees. Just do some dang research and not just assume ONE article will explain the entire details. Read the dang suit, on page 15 it lays everything out in regards to the suicide.

All you arm chair lawyers too lazy to even read the suit and just go off the click bait title and summary need to shut up or read the report. Either way we should all shut up and let the family grieve in peace and stop trying to defend a corporation that PAYS people to defend them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolt View Post
    Hopefully no one helps you find anything to satisfy your morbid curiosity. This being a wow community site though, I am sure you have plenty of mind liked people that would spend hours digging into something so morbid. Unfortunately.
    Found it... Privacy is an illuision.
    Last edited by Lodreh; 2021-07-22 at 07:11 PM.

Blizzard put a lot of effort into female and LBTQI+ causes during the last years. Unfortunately, their agenda was to wash their image without making any actual change?. Add to it how Afrasiabi quietly left the company...

15+ Year Old Account
    It's serious enough it was mentioned in the lawsuit. I don't think it was put in there for fun

I did read the lawsuit and several articles which reference the lawsuit. However, other than the lawsuit there is no mention of an employee of Activision-Blizzard committing suicide on a business trip. That in itself is news worthy. That would be a red flag. However, it doesn't seem to exist... almost like it's urban myth or water cooler gossip that was gathered during testimonials. Hence my curiosity. I'm not looking for names or details... I just want to know if it actually happened. The lack of any news article stating that an employee committed suicide during a business trip is more damning than finding out about it years later.
    Might surprise you, but not everything is in the news. Privacy is a thing. You can believe whatever you like, if you think the state of California would start a lawsuit and directly reference the suicide and NOT have proof...I don't know what to tell you man. You clearly are capable of far greater mental gymnastics than most and nothing I nor anyone else will say will ever change your mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Might surprise you, but not everything is in the news. Privacy is a thing. You can believe whatever you like, if you think the state of California would start a lawsuit and directly reference the suicide and NOT have proof...I don't know what to tell you man. You clearly are capable of far greater mental gymnastics than most and nothing I nor anyone else will say will ever change your mind.
    Found what I was looking for... there is an article just took a lot of digging. Very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    It's serious enough it was mentioned in the lawsuit. I don't think it was put in there for fun
    The official Blizzard reply called the DFEH a bunch of names like "sickening", "disgraceful" and "unprofessional".
    Saying they should, by law, give Blizzard more information before going to litigation (taking legal action).
    They seem pretty mad about that and keep attacking the DFEH for an entire paragraph.

humm...Blizzard acting sus

If you want to read:
    https://pt.wowhead.com/news/activisi...-female-323503

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    A lot of people want it to be false because if it's true then it means that they are paying money to the degenerates.
    No, you're horrible wrong on that one.

The problem here is people put their identity inside of their passion. Attacking the passion (in this case WoW/Blizzard) means attacking the person.

This is why religion and politics are the way they are and why people cannot handle criticism. This is why when someone is criticial of WoW, the usual response is "just quit then" because discussing it opens the potential for a thing you love to not be perfect and by extension mean something is wrong with you.

People don't care about giving money to degernerates. Are you typing that on an electronics device? Do you have ANY idea how horrible some of the practices are that go into devices? How about clothes? MOST people simply don't care.

It's about the person. People, as a whole, are selfish and narrow minded.

This is also why Vi versus Emacs is so dangerous to discuss. Ones identity is their tool and their passion.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    No, you're horrible wrong on that one.

The problem here is people put their identity inside of their passion. Attacking the passion (in this case WoW/Blizzard) means attacking the person.

This is why religion and politics are the way they are and why people cannot handle criticism. This is why when someone is criticial of WoW, the usual response is "just quit then" because discussing it opens the potential for a thing you love to not be perfect and by extension mean something is wrong with you.

People don't care about giving money to degernerates. Are you typing that on an electronics device? Do you have ANY idea how horrible some of the practices are that go into devices? How about clothes? MOST people simply don't care.

It's about the person. People, as a whole, are selfish and narrow minded.

This is also why Vi versus Emacs is so dangerous to discuss. Ones identity is their tool and their passion.
    While I believe I'm not wrong but my short summary of the problem wasn't shoving the whole picture. You're right, a lot of people identify with company/game and treat this lawsuit as an attack against themselves.

Btw, what's Vi versus Emacs?

Quote Originally Posted by Cubster20038 View Post
    I am surprised a lot of people defending Blizzard saying this is fake news
    I'm more surprised that you made that account 3 years ago and now your first post is about not believing this forum is full of harcore Blizzard fans that are in full denial.

While I prefer to be cautious with such allegations, if a state agency observes for 2 years, then goes along with suing the company, the case seems to be more than just solid.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-07-22 at 07:48 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    The official Blizzard reply called the DFEH a bunch of names like "sickening", "disgraceful" and "unprofessional".
    Saying they should, by law, give Blizzard more information before going to litigation (taking legal action).
    They seem pretty mad about that and keep attacking the DFEH for an entire paragraph.

If you want to read:
    If my memory serves me right, ActiBlizz is well within its rights to see the evidence being used against them before litigation. Procedural stuff is not my forte, but I think this is the case.

Regardless of innocence or guilt, ActiBlizz would likely respond the same way. One has to keep in mind that even filing such claims are a huge PR issue, even if nothing comes out. Heck, these forums have tons of people ready to instantly condemn ActiBlizz just based upon the accusations, which means the PR damage is already being done. The court filing's introduction is just as accusatory as ActiBlizz's statement, as this is how the game is played.

I think people should always have a healthy bit of skepticism when it comes to matters like these, as it's never just black or white. Personally, I wouldn't put it past the DFEH (as a government body itself) to be embellishing the situation to make it seem way worse than it is. I mean California has never been known to have governmental agencies to overreach or do shady things, right? That's not to say this suit is one such instance, it may be 100% legit, but it also may not be. This is why you want to let these things play out, as you should not just automatically trust government or large corporations and what they tell you without verification.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    Bullshit. Speaking out against sexual offenders or harassers, and calling them exactly what they are, should be tolerated literally everywhere. No exceptions.
    But funny to see that your biggest issue here are the people who (admittedly in rough language) speak out against them, instead of the harassers themselves.
    It is not my biggest issue here - stop putting words to my mouth.
    There are just better ways to handle these comments like report to mods instead calling other random internet people 'idiots'.
    Keep it civil - that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post

If you want to read:
    Yeah... things are getting 'better', holy fk.
    I really wonder how this situation will end.

Truthfully I'm not going to turn the other cheek to sexual harassment because I am/was a fan of WoW. Though honestly Blizzard's recent game design decisions coupled with these allegations does prove to me, their brain isn't the organ making the majority of the thinking decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    While I believe I'm not wrong but my short summary of the problem wasn't shoving the whole picture. You're right, a lot of people identify with company/game and treat this lawsuit as an attack against themselves.

Btw, what's Vi versus Emacs?
    Vi and Emacs are Unix or Linux based editor/programming tools, I believe?

There's a pretty strong divide between users of either. Basically like the old Macs vs. PCs war. Breaks down to someone who's so passionate about X Y or Z will take slander against those things so personally, they'll get enraged about it.

Or, in this moment, people who are so high on the Blizzard buzz that they take this court filing personally.

Folks -- unless you're on Blizzard's payroll in their Legal department, they don't need you rushing to their defense on the internet.

15+ Year Old Account

Also, a lot of times suicides aren't reported on in the news to prevent people from using it as a reason to do the same. And Just like a federal investigation, when a state comes after a company with deep pockets, they've got the details to back it up.
    If only i could learn to be sneaky like the damn Fel Reavers